Home

Pistol Power- The Coaching Career of Zarek Stryker

This is a discussion on Pistol Power- The Coaching Career of Zarek Stryker within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2013, 08:44 PM   #49
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Pistol Power- The Coaching Career of Zarek Stryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurabolt127
Rough day to be a kicker, but a shut out vs the comp is always sweet. Congrats
Rough day to be at any position on the field !
Old 01-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #50
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5

Except for on defense. After a breakout game against Minnesota, I was hoping to see more of the same. But the Ravens D just swallowed up everything I was trying to do and refused to give up anything. Thankfully my d-line was all over Kyle Boller and the Ravens running game, and we held them to nothing. The Ravens had one scoring chance at all game, and that was in the first quarter after a Ray Rice fumble gave them the ball at my 35. My defense held them in check, and Matt Stover missed his only field goal opportunity of the game.

With a bye in week 6, we have two weeks to prepare for the Kansas City Chiefs, so hopefully the team can gel together even more and we'll be able to get our offense running again. If it keeps up like this, I am not looking forward to playing the Colts. They will just destroy us if our offense can't move the ball.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:47 AM   #51
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

Looking forward to seeing who's on the Chiefs and your pregame notes! With Tony G and Larry Johnson, they can sneak up on you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2013, 03:53 AM   #52
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

Yeah, the pregame matchup will be posted when I get home from work. That's the one bad thing about working nights; if I don't get something out late afternoon, it won't be out 'til the next day. We're definitely not looking past the Chiefs, but hopefully the players don't let the week of rest halt our momentum.

On an injury related note, this may be the first game this season we see veteran Kevin Mawae man the center position. It's iffy on when exactly he's ready. If he does, we may just start getting a true running game going.
Old 01-27-2013, 04:12 AM   #53
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

I hear you, I work overnights myself.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:40 PM   #54
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

Matchup Preview | October 19, 2008
@
Tennessee Titans
(5-0, 2-0 Away)
Kansas City Chiefs
(4-1, 2-0 Home)
Offensive Stats Comparison
1551Total Offensive Yards1635
979Passing Yards956
572Rushing Yards679
24.4Points Per Game20.8
6Passing TD5
5Rushing TD8
76First Downs77
19Red Zone Attempts15
9-2Red Zone TD-FG9-4
57Red Zone Percentage86
Defensive Stats Comparison
2535Total Yards Allowed2450
1950Passing Yards Allowed1556
582Rushing Yards Allowed894
73Points Allowed79
12Sacks12
3Fumble Recoveries1
5Interceptions5
14.6Points Per Game15.8
11Red Zone Attempts11
3-4Red Zone TD-FG5-6
63Red Zone Percentage100
Injury Report
Kevin Mawae/ Severe Pulled Hamstring
2-5 days
Brian Waters/ Torn ACL and PCL
2-5 months

Al Wilson/ Triceps Strain
1-3 weeks

Jackie Battle/ Torn PCL
2-5 months

Philip Merling/ Bruised Hip
1-3 weeks
Game Notes
Both teams look evenly matched on paper, and it could go either way. The key for both teams will be who can win in the red zone. The Chiefs red zone defense has been suspect all year as they have allowed teams to score every time they made it to the 20, while the Titans red zone offense has struggled to convert barely half the time. On the other side, the Titans defense has limited teams once they got into the red zone while the Chiefs offense has been very efficient behind Larry Johnson and Kolby Smith.

The Chiefs key will be the quarterback play of Damon Huard. He's been solid this year with a 70% completion rate while throwing for 956 yards and 5 touchdowns, but he has been picked off 6 times. Larry Johnson is a workhorse back with 454 yards and 5 touchdowns so far, while veteran tight end Tony Gonzalez leads the Chiefs receiving core with 30 catches for 403 yards and 2 touchdowns.

The Titans will have to lean on a stout linebacker corps headlined by veteran Keith Bulluck and rookie Philip Wheeler. Those two will have to clamp down on the running game and slow down Tony Gonzalez if the Titans are to have any hope of pulling off a win in Kansas City. Look for defensive ends Kyle Vanden Bosch and Antwan Odom, both of whom have 5 sacks on the year, to disrupt the offensive rythm.

In unrelated news, this dynasty is on a slight hiatus. Well, that's not even the right word. I'm just a little preoccupied right now with creating a excel chart of every coach that starts in the game and their stats. I want to be able to look at one location to find every coach when it comes time to hire new coaches and see what skills they started out with, and what all their developmental skills cap at. It's taking a lot of time, and it's moving slowly. But I already have ten teams full coaching staffs done, so this should be done in the next few days, in which case I will start up again playing the game. And I will have a second career alongside this one.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:49 PM   #55
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

BREAKING NEWS

NASHVILLE, TN: The Titans have made a couple more changes to their roster Wednesday afternoon in preperations for the upcoming game against Kansas City. Rookie quarterback Jerrell Dendy and halfback Quinton Ganther were released from the team to make room for new signees Jason Snelling and JaMarcus Russell.

Russell, the former first overall pick of the Oakland Raiders, signed a one-year contract worth 1 million dollars to back up Vince Young. "Russell has an amazing skill set and the potential to be a really good quarterback. He needs time to develop, however, and will get the opportunity to learn from both Vince and Kerry."

As for Jason Snelling, Titans head coach Zarek Stryker had this to say: "Snelling isn't the fastest guy out there, but he's strong and sees the field well. With our running game struggling, I hope to see him help pick up the slack and give us those tough yards." Russell and Snelling join Eric Parker as new additions to the Titans roster, but only Parker is expected to play in Sundays game against the Chiefs as Russell and Snelling will mostly likely be inactive as they learn the playbook.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2013, 04:02 PM   #56
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

Wow, I haven't seen JaMarcus released first season before. That was costly. He's got a chance in HC09, unlike real life! LOL! Man, that was a sad era for my Raiders.

Sounds like a daunting task with the coach spreadsheet - good luck

Last edited by Aurabolt127; 01-27-2013 at 04:14 PM. Reason: typo

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »