Home

Learn From The Legends: An NBA 2K13 Association Mode Story (Fantasy Draft w/ Legends)

This is a discussion on Learn From The Legends: An NBA 2K13 Association Mode Story (Fantasy Draft w/ Legends) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 10
Re: Learn From The Legends: An NBA 2K13 Association Mode Story (Fantasy Draft w/ Lege

Bulls Trade Patric Young, Roy Hibbert For Patrick Patterson And Bench Warmer, Look Forward To Future Meetings Against Rivals

The day before the Chicago Bulls were scheduled to play the Milwaukee Bucks for the second time this year, a trade was made at the request of Patric Young, and Roy Hibbert was also shipped to Minneosta. In return, the Bulls receive Patrick Patterson who will start at PF, and another guy to fill the benches. "The idea of the trade was actually to get Tyler Zeller playing alongside his brother, Cody. What we actually found we could do from there is to alternate Cody and Tyler in at center," explained Coach Thibodeau.

The second player received in the trade for Patrick Patterson was Edmund Johnson, a rookie player who will mainly be warming up the bench. "We have Johnson listed as playing some minutes of the games. He knows what he needs to do to get up higher in the rotation," says Coach Thibodeau. The Bulls now have three bench players with the most recent signing of 7-year pro Louis Admundson. "The plan in picking him up is to give Cody and Tyler a rest. He's also listed as playing a few minutes of the game, but we really only want him out there for defense."

The Bulls start out the year at 11-7 with a win over Detroit and a loss to Milwaukee in November. The Bulls look to take advantage of an injured Bucks squad who will be without Carmelo Anthony and Andrew Bynum. The Big Three that Chicago will have to look out for is Dominique Wilkins, Kyrie Irving, and Alex Poythress. A week later, the Bulls will take on the Pistons for a second time, and will look to advantage of what looks like a rebuilding team. Clyde Drexler is 32 years of age, and the team's only real scoring threat besides Derrick Williams.

"The Pistons are interesting this year, as are the Bucks. Milwaukee really looks like they'll be a playoff contender, and they've already shown that against us. We'll just have to play harder. As for the Pistons, like I said, they're interesting. I don't know what to make of the team. We beat them pretty good before, so we'll have to go out and do it again to prove it isn't a fluke," says Coach Thibodeau. Here is the lineup we have at the moment:

PG- Derrick Rose
SG- Joe Dumars
SF- Evan Turner
PF- Patrick Patterson
C- Cody Zeller
6- Reggie Jackson
7- Tyler Zeller
8- Lee Lawrence
9- Erik Baker
10- Jose Calderon
11- Edmund Johnson
12- Louis Amundson
Reserve- Thomas Teague
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Old 02-18-2013, 12:01 PM   #18
Pro

Re: Learn From The Legends: An NBA 2K13 Association Mode Story (Fantasy Draft w/ Lege

More updates are going to come, but I've been playing with some player DNA files I've downloaded on 2K share (Chris Smoove, a Harlem Globetrotter team someone made, and other various "free agents" that will make the next association a bit wacky and such).

Once I take my guys to a NBA Championship winning season, that may be the end of this assosciation......or not....it'll just depend, I guess. I have a day off tomorrow and should feel energized enough to finish watching the latest game and write up about it. Classes are going on, but I'll find time to update this, of course. If you follow, don't expect any updates today, but I will make sure to update tomorrow.
James Naismith visited an Indiana basketball state finals game along with 15,000 screaming fans and later wrote, that while it was invented in Massachusetts, "basketball really had its origin in Indiana, which remains the center of the sport."
Old 02-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #19
Pro

Bulls Survive Back-and-Forth Affair With Bucks

The Bulls defeated the Bucks 96-93 in what was one of the most exciting match-ups between Derrick Rose and Dominique Wilkins. Though Dominique Wilkins outscored Rose 33-30, the effort came up just short as Alex Poythress missed a three-pointer as time expired. Free throws were the key thing for the Bulls who finished with a 39% in field goals, but a 93% in free throws.

The Zeller Brothers combined for 18 points, 17 rebounds, and each had a block. "These guys are strange. Cody played way more minutes than Tyler, yet Tyler scored more, but Cody out rebounded him," explained Coach Thibodeau. Joe Dumars and Evan Turner had good nights scoring 18 and 14, respectively.

The Bulls went on to win the next 4 games after the win over the Bucks. That makes Chicago 16-7,, and 9-1 in their last ten, the lone loss coming to Orlando, a 104-102 loss. But of course, no good run is complete without a team supposedly "ruining" it with trades. The Bulls traded Erik Baker and Lee Lawrence for Joe Johnson and Robbie Kursov. "Joe Johnson was brought in because of his age an experience in the NBA. He's still at an age where he can dominate from the three-point line, and that's what we need of him. We need him to come off the bench of Joe and hit some mid-range twos, and three-pointers wouldn't hurt either. Robbie Kursov is just another guy to fill the bench, really," says Coach Thibodeau about the trade that was dealt.

The Bulls will take on a still struggling Detroit team, 8-12, and 3-7 in their last ten.
Old 03-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #20
Pro

Well, I've messed around in the Association mode, and now we're in the 2019-20 season, lol. Things have changed, of course, since I last updated. The Bulls are kind of like the Spurs, only in a better position. Our big 3, Derrick Rose, Evan Turner, and Klay Thompson, are all late 20's early 30's age wise (maybe they're more like Boston, LOL). The big three averages nearly 60 points per game on their own. Evan Turner is the team's leading rebounder....which is saying something, hahaha. We're going into our first rivalry game of the 19-20 season, and it'll be against Detroit.

Up to this point, our record is 14-11, and Detroit is 5-18. Clyde Drexler is still kicking in Detroit, but his age is definitely effecting the team's play, and he's dropped to an 81 overall. Their best player is Derrick Williams, and he is currently injured. It should be an easy win for our boys.....right?

As for Milwaukee, who we play the next week, they have a team that the entire league should fear as age has yet to effect these guys. In fact, they won the championship last year, and lost in the Finals two years ago.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #21
Pro

Chicago Is Third In Division, Trails Pacers By Game And A Half

Chicago is looking good entering the all-star break. Everyone is healthy and the big 3 are scoring big: Thompson with 20.2, Rose with 18.8, and Turner with 18.1 points per game. Evan Turner will represent the Bulls in the All-Star Game, while Donatas Motiejunas will represent in the Rising Stars Game. Klay Thompson will represent the Bulls in the 3-Point Contest, but we have no participants in the dunk contest.

So the Stars defeat the Elites with help from Donatas Montiejunas' 18 points, 16 rebounds, and 3 blocks. Klay Thompson wins the 3-Point Contest with 20 points. The East All-Stars lost to the West as Evan Turner couldn't get scoring. The Bulls will take on Detroit on the road next.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #22
Pro

Bull Stumble Into Playoffs

The Bulls ride a losing streak into the 8th seed of the playoffs. Milwaukee is unable to make the playoffs despite the talent they have. The Bulls will take on #1 seed Philadelphia who sports Rubio and a lot of other good players. I'll break down the playoff simulation and off-season right here.

The Bulls lose in 6 games to the 76ers. The Clippers and the 76ers battle it out in the NBA Finals, and the 76ers sweep the Clippers with Shabazz Muhammad as your NBA Finals MVP.

Perhaps it is time to begin to rebuilding process here in Chicago as Rose is getting older, and Thompson and Turner may be lost in the free agency period.

In the end, we do lose those two, and are left with our 3 star players being Rose, Austin Rivers, and Donatas Motiejunas. It's definitely a rebuilding year for us, lol. Second game of the year is the battle of the rebuilding teams as we face Detroit and....oh, guess what....Clyde Drexler AND Dominique Wilkins are on the same team now (Detroit). The games against Milwaukee should be fun, hahaha.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #23
Pro

Hey guys. This association mode isn't over. I've just temporarily lost interest. I've been hooked on other games and such....older games as well. I have kept this one going though. I might do another game and report at where I'm currently at today....or not. I don't know right now. It all depends on what I feel like doing today.

Also, I've been getting disk-reading errors with NBA 2K13....which is strange when that's the only game giving me errors.....whatever....

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »