Home

Redskins (HC 09)

This is a discussion on Redskins (HC 09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #73
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Redskins (HC 09)

Coaching Changes for 2009

Major Changes
Raiders: Cam Cameron has been hired as Head Coach
Falcons: Gary Hammerhill has been hired as head Coach after Mike Smith was fired. He was hired as Defensive Coordinator for the Browns.
Colts: Offensive Coordinator Moore retired. WR Coach Clyde Christensen was promoted to OC.
Bears: Lovie Smith was fired and then retired. Rob Ryan was hired as the new head Coach.
Bengals: Marvin Lewis was fired, then hired as Defensive Coordinator for the Cowboys. The Bengals promoted Offensive Coordinator Bob Bratkowski to Head Coach. They then promoted Offensive Line Coach, Paul Alexander, to Offensive Coordinator.
2009 Redskins Coaching Staff
HC: Same (17)
OC: Mike Sheppard (36) There were not a lot of good OCs available, but he is an upgrade from Smith.
DC: Greg Blanche (46) same.
ST: Danny Smith (47) same.
QB: Bill Musgrave (32) Much more growth room and an overall upgrade.
RB: Stump Mitchell (90) left to become the QB Coach for the Panthers. I was not expecting this one so I had to move fast. We got Bishop Harris (49) who has good potentials, but is not Mitchell. I wanted to get Rathman, but he wanted too much.
WR: Kerry Simmons (31) He has 3 and 4s in the main areas. He was not my first choice, but I couldn't keep up with what every one else was giving up. Still, a better option.
OL: Tim Cobble (35) I was very pleased to see him come up here. He is a good coach I have had before. He will hopefully help with the running game as well.
LB: Mike Katcavage (40) He is a good LB coach and was gambling on him being here. He just seems to fit my schemes. Glad to have him.
DB: Jerry Gray (93) Same, glad he stayed around.
DL: Brian Vangorder (38) This was a luck find. The coaches above him wanted too much control and I was pleased to find him. Considering the guy he is replacing was a 9, I am very happy!
GM: Don Ross (39) I was not sure about bidding on him because he usually wants so much control. But this time, I got lucky, I only had to give up "Spending Philosophy" to get him. So I am very pleased here.
TR: Gary Quatermann (65) Same.

I didn't get all of my first choices, but I think it was an improvement.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #74
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

Wild Card Weekend

Patriots 30
Texans 0

Eagles 17
Seahawks 23

Bills 9
Chargers 16

Vikings 14
Packers 16
Divisional Weekend

Colts 24
Chargers 7

Packers 17
Giants 20

Patriots 24
Steelers 13

Seahawks 14
Buccaneers 28
Conference Championships

Patriots 23
Colts 17

Buccaneers 7
Giants 35
Super Bowl

Giants 34
Patriots 30
Old 06-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 2

Nice career. Too bad you missed the playoffs, but with an improved staff and a strong offseason, you should make it next year, even in that division. The offseason is my favorite part, so I'm excited to see yours. Good luck!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2013, 09:29 PM   #76
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshrolltide
Nice career. Too bad you missed the playoffs, but with an improved staff and a strong offseason, you should make it next year, even in that division. The offseason is my favorite part, so I'm excited to see yours. Good luck!
I was holding out hope I would make it. That is the only part that stinks about just simming the games, it is luck of the draw. But it just proves anything can happen...
Old 06-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #77
MVP

OVR: 26

Did you upgrade your HC? 17 seems a bit low for a year in. I've had Blache before, he's very good.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:40 PM   #78
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

Offensive Unit Breakdown

QB: Campbell (81/85) is still the starter and with Collins getting ready to retire, this is a position I need to address.

RB: I am going to try to trade Portis (85) his health (60) means he is not an option to keep. I signed Robinson but he dropped to 80/81 so I am not pleased about that! Betts, went up to a 76 though.

FB: Stewart (78/84) does a good job. I need to decide if I need another one though, or do I just keep one FB. I am running Holgrem's West Coast offense so I don't think I need to keep 2 FBs.

WR: Caldwell (80/84) and Williams (80/85) look good. Moss (79) had a good year, I hope it continues. Randel El (70) must stay because of his cap hit. So Urrutia (72/79) and Cribbs (69/71) can be cut if upgrades are found.

TE: Cooley (84/85) is doing good, Tamme (68/74) did a good job as well, but I will need another TE.

LT: Samuels (93) is 31 with Health (88) that I need to watch. Alabi (80) is a good back-up.

LG: Wade (86) is the only one on the roster. He is 30 though with declining health (77) in the final year of his contract so an upgrade needed.

C: Rabach (85) is 30 with 89 Health. Sampson (81) is his back-up. I may try to trade for Nick Mangold from the Jets to take care of this position.

RG: Thomas (90) is 32 with a low health (82) on the last year of his contract. His back-up is Dorsey (81) also on the last year.

RT: Jansen (92) is 32 with 89 Health. His back-up, Heyer (86/88) is on the last year of his contract also.

Some areas of concern here. I need to do some upgrades on the line and to take care of RB. But I feel there is something to work with here.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:42 PM   #79
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
Did you upgrade your HC? 17 seems a bit low for a year in. I've had Blache before, he's very good.
Yes, but I am buying small price items. I think these don't add to the overall that much. I guess that is from simming the games as well. I will put what I have him at later so you can see where I am spending his points at.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #80
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

Defensive Unit Breakdown

LE: Carter (79) is the starter, now. But his bad leg means he will be either traded or cut. Bake (76/83) is always a good end to have.

RE: Campbell (86/89) is great. Jansen (76/81) is versatile and can be moved to LE if I have to.

DT: Moore (86/91) is solid. Griffin (81/82) did acceptable. But I will need to get some help here.

LOLB: Washington (85) is a problem because of his Health (77). He is in the last year of his contract so I am not sure if I will trade him. Avril (84/86) can move in as the starter with no loss.

MLB: Fletcher-Baker (81) is 33, with 82 health, but will be here because of the cap penalty. I do not have a back-up on the roster.

ROLB: No concerns here. Suggs (88) is great. McIntosh (74/81) did a good job filling in.

CB: Springs (84/85) and Smoot (81) are the starters. Rogers (77/80) and Lee (75/86) are ready to move up. I was going to move Lee, but Smoot is a ball-hawk right now so I didn't change the line-up.

FS: Landry (90/93) ..what more can I say? Jordan (71/77) is an adequate back-up.

SS: Steltz (83/87) is okay, but I would like to upgrade this as well. there is no back-up.

K: Tynes (83) Power - 91, Accuracy - 87. If I can find better, I will replace him.

P: Koenen: (83/86) Did a great job and will keep.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »