Home

Redskins (HC 09)

This is a discussion on Redskins (HC 09) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2013, 02:28 PM   #9
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Redskins (HC 09)

I am going to redo this one, I will need to check the roster though because for some reason I don't have the last EA roster update, so I will see if anything changed.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #10
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

Coach Jester issued a press release to address the media’s questions about the limited involvement the Redskins had during the Free Agency period this year. Most of the FA signings were to address back-ups that were upgraded. LT Alabi (80/82) was signed to a 1 year, 600k deal. RB Musa Smith (71/72) was signed to a 1 year deal worth 1.5 million to add depth as well. LG Blanton (81) 1year/500k and RG Dorsey (82/83) were also signed to upgrade the back-ups along the O-line. The NFL notifying the Redskins that there had been an accounting error and all of the penalties had been wiped out allowed these players to be signed to 1 year deals.

The biggest signing for the Redskins was ROLB Terrell Suggs (88). His 3 year deal worth $24 million and a $3.5 million bonus took a huge chunk out of the salary cap room the Redskins had,but it was a major upgrade and pleased the owner very much. One signing that surprised the football community was K Lawrence Tynes. His signing made K Suisham expendable and he was traded to the Giants for their 5thRound (160) and 6th Round (168) picks. P Koenen was also signed to a 1 year deal worth $1.2 million.

There was alot of concern that SS, WR and CB were not addressed. Also, no moves were made to upgrade the RE position. The phones have been ringing around the league as the Redskins appear to be considering either a move up in the draft to try to get one of the top CBs or even an attempt to move down abit and acquire more draft picks. But the draft is up next so all of the questions will be answered soon.
Old 06-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #11
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

I really considered signing CB Trufant to upgrade my other corner. But once it hit $34 million I dropped out. He ended up signing a 5 year deal worth $37 million, too rich for me.

The owner wants a new SS and RE. So I have to decide do I try to draft SS Phillips, who I should be able to get with my 25th pick, or do I try to get one of the top CBs and pick up Steltz for SS. It would be easy if I had a higher draft pick, but I think all of the top CBs will be gone before the pick gets to me. Jenkins would be awesome, but I don't think he will make it past #15. CB Cason would be an upgrade as well though because of his 80 MCV skills. As far as RE, Campbell is who I am targeting there. I just hope he is still on the board when it gets to me with #51.

This is where it gets interesting, do I trade away #25 to see if I can get in the high 30's and get Campbell, Cason and Steltz, or do I try to go up and get Jenkins?

This is one I have to consider for a while...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrnwsBucksFanNC
I really considered signing CB Trufant to upgrade my other corner. But once it hit $34 million I dropped out. He ended up signing a 5 year deal worth $37 million, too rich for me.

The owner wants a new SS and RE. So I have to decide do I try to draft SS Phillips, who I should be able to get with my 25th pick, or do I try to get one of the top CBs and pick up Steltz for SS. It would be easy if I had a higher draft pick, but I think all of the top CBs will be gone before the pick gets to me. Jenkins would be awesome, but I don't think he will make it past #15. CB Cason would be an upgrade as well though because of his 80 MCV skills. As far as RE, Campbell is who I am targeting there. I just hope he is still on the board when it gets to me with #51.

This is where it gets interesting, do I trade away #25 to see if I can get in the high 30's and get Campbell, Cason and Steltz, or do I try to go up and get Jenkins?

This is one I have to consider for a while...
I always look for DBs that have a high rating in catch, and I believe Cason qualifies in that respect. I think you'll see that Cason outperforms Jenkins in that respect. You might have to trade up a little to get Campbell though.
Old 06-21-2013, 12:42 AM   #13
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

Cason seems to have a nose for the ball, but Jenkins is physically superior - esp speed. Suppose it depends on the D style you want to have. Everyone knows how great Campbell is, though I doubt he'll be there at #51. I usually see him gone within 5 picks of round 2, like 33-37... If you really want him, you'll have to move up I think. Looks like you're targeting all the surefire picks, so I'm sure you have a backup plan in mind. Good luck in the draft.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 10

Yea I generally see Campbell go at the top of the 2nd round. I've never seen him fall past 41, much less 51.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #15
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

The big concerns I have right now are upgrading what I have. I am trying to decide if I take top tier players and massively upgrade 1 or 2 positions, and give up the rest of the picks, or do I try to get better players and maybe just do the massive upgrade on 1 position and try to help the team overall.

I actually started this in Pre-Season, but the GM ha traded the 1st, 3rd and 4th Round picks for Jason Taylor (74 HLTH) and another over the hill player and had an awful draft. I just couldnt start like that.

I know Campbell is well known, and it is hard to not focus in on the ones I know are good, so I am going to set up the 1st 3 picks and follow the GM on the others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #16
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

The draft is over and the Redskins were able to address some major needs, but there are others that will need to be addressed later on in the season.

NFL Draft - Redskins Draft Picks
PickPlayerCollegePosHtWt
1-21Traded to Ravens, 2-38, 4-103, 09 5th
2-6CampbellDE
2-19LeeCB
3-20Dre MooreDT
3-32CaldwellWR
4-7SteltzSS
5-21TammeTE
5-3UrruitaWR
6-20StewartFB
6-28MorganWR