Home

Running Through The NFL- The Coaching Career of Tobias Grimm

This is a discussion on Running Through The NFL- The Coaching Career of Tobias Grimm within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #33
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Running Through The NFL- The Coaching Career of Tobias Grimm

I would love to win it so we don't go winless during the preseason. Of course, the record of the preseason doesn't really matter. I just need my team to start playing consistently so I know they are prepared for the regular season. The final game is against Baltimore, so I may have trouble moving the ball against that defense. It was a tough preseason schedule

Yeah, it seems like it. Some of his moves were good, but he never did get anything good in the draft. And that was the key. He needed to draft well, but just couldn't. Oh well

Well, glad there's someone else rooting for my Lions. As long as they or the Titans have a good season, I'm happy. My two hometown teams. The 1990 game? Yeah, that's about two years before my time And about six years before I moved to Detroit xD

Anyway, I'm currently playing the final preseason game, so I will have the update soon
Old 08-16-2013, 03:47 PM   #34
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

Preseason Game Four- @ Baltimore
Final Score: Baltimore Ravens-17 Atlanta Falcons-14

In a close fought game that saw Baltimore and Atlanta go to overtime, the Ravens took home a win. Rookie quarterback Matt Ryan was outstanding in the game, going 11 of 15 for 164 yards and a touchdown, stealing away the starting job in the final game. Running backs Ron Dayne and Jerious Norwood found nothing in the running game, carrying the ball for a combing 46 yards on 36 carries.

On defense, rookie linebacker David Vobora solidified himself as the opening day starter, taking the job away from verteran Ian Gold and Matt Prater showed why the team kept him instead of rookie Alexis Serna as he nailed two 45+ yard field goals.

After the game, it was announced that defensive end John Abraham would be out 3-7 weeks with a torn calf muscle. With the final round of roster cuts, the Falcons announced the release of receiver Kel Cody, tackle Quinn Ojinnaka, and linebackers Isaiah Kacyvenski and Leron Wells.

Atlanta opens the season at home against the Detroit Lions in Week One. Matt Ryan, the third overall pick, gets the start at quarterback.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #35
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

LOL! Yeah, 1990 - sorry - goes way back - still - Marcus Allen, Bo Jackson, Barry Sanders, Howie Long, Tim Brown, Mel Gray... We'll ignore Jay Schroeder and Rodney Peete, though for one game, they actually looked like quarterbacks...

I hear you about getting consistency - and hopefully no more injuries. thought Redman looked ok last game, but Ryan's your future, not Redman, so if he's doing well - might as well let him go for it. Opening day vs Lions, huh? Playing against your team! Should be pretty great. Who'll start in place of Abraham - that's a huge bummer of an injury....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #36
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

No need to be sorry. I know all those names. I may not have been alive, but I've seen a lot of highlights and know quite a bit about the history. I'm an avid sports enthusiast.

That was my most consistent game, which made me glad. Especially from Ryan. Looked really sharp in the first half. Sharp enough that I put him back in for the two-minute drill at the end of the game to tie it up and send it to overtime. Redman was solid, but unspectacular. A lot better than Collins though. Yeesh. He did nothing for me in any preseason game. Which is odd considering how well he did for me in my Titans franchise xD

As for who's replacing Abraham, the starter will be Buddy Jackson. He played solid all preseason and easily won the back-up role. Hell, if he didn't have to go up against Abraham, he could easily have won a starting job. His stats at the end of preseason were 8 tackles, 3 tackles for a loss, 2 sacks, 2 deflected passes, and 10 blocks defeated. He was a beast on the defensive line.

Oh, and I actually got the start rookie motion from my owner, telling me to decide between Ryan and Redman. After that last preseason game, it was a no-brainer for me, so Ryan is definitely the starter for this season.

Hopefully Turner comes back soon. He was averaging almost 6 yards a carry in the preseason before that injury, and my running game has struggled aside from him
Old 08-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #37
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

BREAKING NEWS

During practice today, defensive lineman Nick Hayden rolled over his ankle. After taking him into the locker room, the news came back that he suffered a High Ankle Sprain and is expected to miss 2-5 weeks.

This news came shortly after the injury to John Abraham, and places a large burden on the understaffed Falcons defensive line. With Hayden now down as well, Atlanta is only left with two back-ups on the defensive line in Greg Chandler and Jonathan Babineaux.

"This is not what we expected going into the season." Head coach Tobias Grimm stated in the afternoon presser. "Naturally I want all my backups available, especially on the defensive line. I like switching them in and out to keep them fresh. This Sunday's game will truly be a test of our depth and character."

In other news, running back Michael Turner has already been cleared to play in Sunday's game against the Lions.

The Lions announced that Gus Frerotte (traded from the Falcons) will be the starting quarterback due to the injury to Jon Kitna.

*On a little side note, I am on the Ozzie Jones draft path

Last edited by Shamhat1915; 08-16-2013 at 04:58 PM.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #38
Pro

Aurabolt127's Arena

OVR: 6

Well NOW I feel old!! LMAO!!!!

Lucky break with Kitna out, though Gus isn't a complete bum. Good luck!
Old 08-16-2013, 07:23 PM   #39
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

“No one, and I mean no one, comes into our house and pushes us around.”

Detroit Lions at Atlanta Falcons
Sep 7, 20081ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Detroit Lions (0-1)070310
Atlanta Falcons (1-0)07102138
Team Stats Comparison
DETATL
Total Offense216408
Rushing Yards73198
Passing Yards143210
First Downs1114
Punt Return Yards916
Kick Return Yards19175
Total Yards416499
Turnovers22
3rd Down Converstion6-15 (40%)4-8 (50%)
4th Down Conversion0-1 (0%)0-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-0
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals0/02/1
Penalties2-11 yds5-35 yds
Posession Time29:4330:15
Scoring Summary
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGDETATL
15:00(DET) Brian Kelly intercepts Matt Ryan (extra point good)70
09:12(ATL) Michael Turner 1-yard run (extra point good)77
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGDETATL
11:53(ATL) Matt Ryan 38-yard pass to Martellus Bennett (extra point good)714
03:54(ATL) Matt Prater 29-yard field goal good717
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGDETATL
12:19(DET) Jason Hanson 47-yard field goal good1017
06:23(ATL) Matt Ryan 11-yard pass to Roddy White (extra point good)1024
04:31(ATL) Randall Gay intercepts Drew Stanton (extra point good)1031
00:22(ATL) Jerious Norwood 77-yard run (extra point good)1038
Detroit Lions
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Drew Stanton10/1712602
Gus Frerotte3/63200
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Warrick Dunn24702.90
Aaron Stecker188.00
Gus Frerotte2-5-2.50
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Mike Furrey4369.00
Warrick Dunn3217.00
Calvin Johnson36020.00
Roy Williams22613.00
Shaun McDonald11515.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Casey Fitzsimmons10
Edwin Mulitalo11
Junius Coston02
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Ernie Sims11000
Brian Kelly8010
Curtis Lofton7000
Andre Fluellen6000
Rod Coleman5000
Dewayne White1100
Antonio Smith1100
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Jason Hanson1/21/1447
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Nic Harris313444.60
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Mike Furrey514228.40
Leigh Bodden11717.00
Aaron Stecker13232.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Aaron Stecker199.00
Atlanta Falcons
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Matt Ryan17/2321621
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Michael Turner231134.91
Jerious Norwood28542.51
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Roddy White5479.41
Javon Walker58016.00
Martellus Bennett37224.01
Harry Douglas155.00
Keith Zinger122.00
Jerious Norwood111.00
Michael Turner199.00
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Keith Zinger10
Ben Noll10
P McMahon10
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Eugene Wilson9000
Trey Lewis8200
David Vobora8000
Michael Boley6000
Lawyer Milloy6000
Rodney Leslie1100
Greg Chandler1100
Chris Gamble1010
Randall Gay0010
Keith Brooking5100
Jamaal Anderson4200
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
Matt Prater1/25/5830
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
Michael Koenen29045.01
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Patrick Lee24522.50
Chris Gamble13030.00
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Patrick Lee11616.00

ATLANTA, GA: In a game that many expected the Lions to win easily, Atlanta took it upon themselves to make a statement and defended their house. “After a poor preseason, many were already writing us off for this season. Detroit was a 7-9 last season and expected to be good this year, so this win is huge for us.”

Rookie quarterback Matt Ryan was shaky in the first quarter, throwing a pick-six to veteran cornerback Brian Kelly, but settled down after that mistake and had a quality game. The running game was outstanding for Atlanta to the tune of almost 200 yards on the ground, dominating the Lions defense.

It was clear that the depth of Atlanta was an issue on the defensive line this game as they struggled to get pressure. The linebacking corps of Boley, Brooking and Vobora had to step up their game and kept Dunn in check. Defensive lineman Buddy Jackson left the game, and it is reported that he will miss 1-4 weeks with a bruised thigh.

For the Lions, it was clear they were out of sync without Kitna behind center. Frerotte was the starter, but he was knocked out early and forced Stanton to take over. Drew was solid, but he made two costly mistakes on drives that allowed Atlanta to take complete control of the game.

Atlanta (1-0) travels to Tampa Bay (0-1) next week, while the Lions (0-1) host the Packers (0-1) in a divisional game.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:39 PM   #40
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

BREAKING NEWS

With the announcement of the injury to defensive lineman Buddy Jackson, head coach Tobias Grimm announced the following roster move:
Atlanta releases center Wade Smith, signs defensive lineman Israel Idonije.

"Idonije is just the type of player I look for on my defensive front. A strong guy with a large motor, he can provide a spark off the bench and help plug up those running holes."

Smith was able to be released with the news that center Todd McClure was rehabbing well and would be available in time for Sunday's game.

In other news, rumors have it that the Falcons are looking to trade veteran quarterback Kerry Collins, despite having just acquired him this past offseason. "We traded for Collins expecting him to start for us this year. However, he struggled heavily in this system, and is just filling a roster space. If we can get value for him, then we will take it. If not, he will ride the bench and help prepare Matt Ryan."

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »