Home

Path to the Hall of Fame: Guts, Glory and Gangrene

This is a discussion on Path to the Hall of Fame: Guts, Glory and Gangrene within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Path to the Hall of Fame: Guts, Glory and Gangrene

Offseason Moves:

Jets Sign Terrell Owens, Adalius Thomas, and Shane Vereen

TO transforms my offense. He is a much needed piece, a reliable weapon at WR for a new QB. He’ll retire as a Jet after signing a 7 year deal. I still could use another WR on outside. Hill succeeded in the slot towards the end of the year last year. I’ll try to move Holmes and Coles to places where they’ll be valued. Both are under 6 foot, they just don’t fit with my philosophy.

Thomas is such a great all around player. I could even see using him as a rover in situations and getting more beef on the field. He signed a 2 year deal and I will let him walk at the end of it. Julian Peterson was also available, but that would be too drastic.

Vereen could be a useful piece. He has great BCV and good hands out of the backfield. My goal is to get a starting RB out of the draft, if I miss Vereen isn’t the worst back to be in the mix for carries.

*Note the money is irrelevant. When I made these rosters I knew talent would cause cap issues fast. So I gave everyone ½ million per year salaries. It appears contracts are some sort of combination of market price and off of the last contract. The rookie scale however does not operate this way.*

Jets Trades
#TeamAwayReceive
1 () New York JetsWR L. ColesDidn't Fit Scheme
1 () Philadelphia Eagles5th (109), 2010 7thReplaces part of TO
2 () New York JetsRB C. IvoryNot in Future Plans
2 () Pittsburgh Steelers4th (106), 2010 7thBackup for Bettis
3 () New York JetsWR S. HolmesDidn't Fit Scheme
3 () Arizona Cardinals6th (174), 7th (206)#3 behind Fitzgerald and Boldin

Key Signings
OVRTeamPositionName
1 (96) New York JetsWRT. Owens
2 (91) New York JetsROLBA. Thomas
3 (90) Denver BroncosLEK. Vaden Bosch
4 (90) New England PatriotsROLBJ. Peterson
5 (91) Indianapolis ColtsCBA. Winfield
6 (86) Oakland RaidersMLBJ. Del Rio
7 (84) Houston TexansDTT. Bowens
8 (94) Philadelphia EaglesRTW. Thomas
9 (87) Miami DolphinsFSC. Lake
10 (86) Minnesota VikingsCBT. Vincent
11 (91) New England PatriotsCM. Birk
12 (82) St. Louis RamsLOLBS. Weatherspoon
13 (83) Cleveland BrownsTEA. Crumpler
14 (87) Detroit LionsROLBB. Reed
15 (84) Minnesota VikingsSSC. Chavous

Last edited by jlech1805; 02-06-2014 at 08:25 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:19 PM   #34
Rookie

2009 NFL Draft - Round 1 Recap
PickTeamPlayerPosHtWt
1JetsLuke RambisQB
2JetsMaceo SweetneyRB
3DolphinsTyrus DuhonWR
4ChargersAndre DalembertRE
5EaglesDeFazio CombsWR
6PackersO.J. McClintockCB
7LionsBrandan SmartLT
8JaguarsJamaal KiddWR
9Browns (via Eagles)Ryan SpradlinFS
10SteelersMario MacklandCB
11BucsKendrick HouseHB
12TexansDerrick ConroyQB
13BroncosCourtney PorterCB
14CardinalsThaddeus CheeksDT
15ChiefsDelvon WellsCB
16Texans (via Redskins)Antoine JeffersonFS
17Chargers (via Cowboys)Thomas DwyerWR
18SeahawksMontario Tart IIIWR
19BengalsMase JohnsonSS
20FalconsPatrick FoxLT
21SaintsRenaldo MoonCB
22RavensMarquise HoganCB
23VikingsCooper HooperTE
24TitansLatroy JacksonLOLB
25RaidersEmeka MourningRE
26GiantsMarcus MagloireTE
27Redskins (via Bills)Martin McPeekMLB
28BearsDrew TrumbleeQB
2949ersLamaar MarburyLE
30Saints (via Patriots)Maurice GhogginsROLB
31ColtsBraylon Bowe-DrewCB
32RamsJayshaun RallsLOLB

Luke Rambis is the obvious choice with the number 1 overall pick. We badly needed a quarterback and he is by far the best option avaialable. He doesn’t fit my ideal prototype, but his intangbiles and accuracy more than make up for average arm strength and lack of mobility.

Maceo Sweentey is drafted with the #2 overall pick. The Jets have made it clear that last year’s performance was not acceptable. They’ve made headline signings and now have traded future picks to acquire an elite running back. Sweetney is a tremendous player. He can do it all. Run, Catch, throw. Combined with Rambis the Jets have a bright future. As for the trade Cleveland already has Jim Brown it would have been a waste for them to add Sweetney as well.

Jets Draft Day Trades
#TeamPlayer / PickReason
1 () New York JetsDT K. JenkinsBuried on DC
1 () New York Jets2010 1st
1 () New York Jets2010 2nd
1 () Cleveland Browns#2 OVRBrowns have J. Brown already
2 () New York Jets#33Didn't like anyone on board
2 () Indianapolis Colts#95
2 () Indianapolis Colts2010 2nd
2 () Indianapolis Colts2010 6th
3 () New York Jets#65Didn't like anyone on board
3 () Denver Broncos2010 3rd
3 () Denver Broncos2010 4th

I signed no undrafted FAs I will let my GM fill my roster before training camp.

2009 NFL Draft - Jets Recap
PickPlayerCollegePosHtWt
1Luke RambisOhio StateQB6'4"235
1 (2)Maceo SweetneyTennesseeHB6'0"225
3 (95)Dusty HarveyTennesseeLG6'2"313
4 (97)Daquan ParrishHawaiiQB6'2"205
4 (106)Steve DonaldsonNotre DameLE6'5"273
5 (129)Sedrick FoleyVirginia TechSS6'2"221
5 (130)Rashaud JohnsonLSUDT6'4"320
6 (161)Irv NicholsBoise STRB5'9"187
6 (174)Champ AndrewsDelaware St.LT6'5"329
7 (206)J'Covan PearsonNorth TexasCB5'10"188

Last edited by jlech1805; 02-06-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:08 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 26

I don't know about giving Owens a 7 year deal. Athletic ratings at speed positions decline really quickly, and I don't know that maxing out their intangibles is enough to make the difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2014, 08:38 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs844224
I don't know about giving Owens a 7 year deal. Athletic ratings at speed positions decline really quickly, and I don't know that maxing out their intangibles is enough to make the difference.
I'm sure he will struggle towards the end of the contract but I really need help now. The years don't bother me because it was only $5.5 M annually. I have $32M in cap room right now after signing both Rambis and Sweetney. With this roster set cap space isn't as important earlier on because everyone is signed to small deals initially. This is why it was important to have a limit on FA spending.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #37
Rookie

Pre Season Moves
TRANSTeamPlayerReason
1 (TRADE) New York JetsM. Sanchezwas #5 on DC
1 () New York Jets2010 6th
1 () New York Jets2011 6th
1 () Houston TexansM. SchaubConroy has the reigns in Houston.
2 (SEA) New York Jets2010 4thFacilitator
2 (SEA) New York Jets2011 6th
2 (SD) Seattle SeahawksS. RiceTart III made Rice expendable
2 (NYJ) San Diego Chargers2010 4thAcquires a starting WR
2 (NYJ) San Diego Chargers2011 6th
3 (SIGN) New York JetsG. Tatein mix to start
4 (SIGN) New York JetsM. Floydin mix to start
5 (SIGN) New York JetsP. Hilliscompetes with Vereen for #2

With Conroy in Houston Schaub was no longer needed. This allows Conroy to start right away and try to utilize his potential. If he were on the bench behind Schaub he would never start and then be released year 2 because of his huge contract (relatively) I’ll stash Schaub for a year and release him.

I traded a 2010 4th and a 2010 6th for Sidney Rice. I then moved Rice to SD for an identical deal. The Seahawks just drafted Tart III and already have Harvin and Largent. None of those guys should be a #4 WR. + Seattle runs the Pistol offense which uses a lot of “11” looks. Now Percy Harvin should produce more. After I made the table I traded Geno to Seattle to backup Russell Wilson. I received a2010 and 2011 7th round picks.

I know that not everyone agrees with “tactics” like this. I like to make sure great players end up on the field. A great example is the Sidney Rice Deal.

Additionally, I’ll move around player positions to help better a team. OL is the prime example of this where a team will have 2 90 rated LTs but draft a RT because they see it as a need. I’ll also move a player’s position if a team transitions from a 4-3 to a 3-4 or vice versa.

Floyd and Tate will with Hill for reps at WR.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:26 PM   #38
Rookie

Matchup Preview Pre Season Week 1 | August 8, 2009
@
Dallas Cowboys
( 28 )
New York Jets
( 59 )
Game Notes
The Cowboys finished last season 8-8 outside of the playoff race and this wasn’t good enough for Owner Jerry Jones. He fired Jason Garrent and brought in Lane Kiffin. Lane is an ambitious young coach who’s been around the game since he was born. He inherits a talented team with high expectations going into the new season. Jones showed more patience in the draft than he did with his last head coach, trading out of the first round this year.

Few teams can match the combination of Aikman, Smith, Irvin, Bryant, and Witten. Aikman has the size, intangibles, and arm skills to be a HOF. Emmitt Smith has elite BCV, trucking and carry skills. Bryant and Irvin are big physical receivers who are nightmares to guard on fades. Jason Witten has just about the surest hands in the game and can create space in traffic. The OL is led by 2 elite guards in Larry Allen and Nate Newton. They are road graders who pave the wave to Smith.

Dallas is transitioning from a 3-4 to a 4-3 defense this year and it is bound to cause some growing pains. For now All Pro DeMarcus Ware is moving to defensive end where he’ll form a dynamic duo with Charles Haley. Jay Ratliff and Marcus Spears are great at stuffing the run. Ken Norton Jr, Sean Lee, and Bradie James are all great tacklers at LB. Deon Sanders is the star of the defense. Prime Time is the best cover corner in all of the league and a threat to pick any pass with a 94 catch rating. He is joined by Brandon Carr, Ken Hamlin, and Darren Woodson.

For the game 1 I’ll play starters 1 quarter, new to team starters ½.

Rambis started off 1-7 for 11 yards with an interception, found his groove going 6-8 for 90 with a TD, but lost it again in 2 minute drill throwing his 2nd pick.

Sweetney looked great from the get go. He is breaking more tackles than I thought he would and flashed good hands.

Owens took a jet sweep 15 yds for a TD, caught all 6 attempts his way adding another TD on a crossing route, but his biggest play was a 33 yd fade route against Deon.

Golden Tate and Michael Floyd both looked good. It is now a 3 way battle for the WR#2 spot with Stephen Hill.

Our D looked ok, but Thomas was amazing. I’m going to play him at MLB to utilize his coverage skills.

Matchup Preview Pre-Season Week 2 | August 17, 2009
@
New England Patriots
( 27 )
New York Jets
( 42 )
Game Notes
Bill Bellichek’s team came up 1 point short in the AFC conference championship. In the offseaon they lost Adalius Thomas but found a facsimile in Julian Peterson. They also made a slight upgrade at center signing Matt Birk. The Pats traded out of the first round but were able to find useful pieces in Jared May and Jamaal Keddington. The youngsters won’t be starter but could contribute as role players in the near term.

I hope to see progression from Luke Rambis in this game and a fierce battle for WR #2.

Rambis was 10-19, 139 yards, and threw for 1 td and 1 int. He is learning the playbook quickly, but he's going to make mistakes along the way to becoming elite.

Sweetney ran for a 54 TD on a pitch play and compiled 137 yards and 3 tds on only 14 carries.

Owens made a leaping grab for a TD and Golden Tate has now moved into the #2 spot after a second consecutive solid outing.

Matchup Preview Pre-Season Week 3 | August 24, 2009
@
New York Jets
( 43)
Detroit Lions
( 51 )
Game Notes
Detroit finished 6-10 last season and dumped their GM, HC, and OC. I wouldn't applaud any of the moves. Replacing Miller and Schwartz with Spyder and Bradley were lateral moves while Sheridan is a downgrade from Cunningham.

Bradley kept the same offensive system in place when taking over the Lions and there is good reason. Detroit has a tantalizing trio of WRs, an all time great half back, and a quarterback with a rocket arm. Matthew Stafford has elite athletic ability, but his intangible skills may limit him long term. Barry Sanders makes up for a lack of size with perfect scores in: Speed, Agility, Acceleration, Elusiveness, Ball Carrier Vision, Spin move, and juke move. Calvin Johnson is the most physically gifted WR in all the league. At 6'5" with a 100 rating in jump, catch, and spectacular catch Megatron towers over defeners and rips the ball out of the sky. The Lions "smaller" WRs are Herman Moore and Roy Williams who measure at 6'4" and 6'3" respectively. Moore could be a #1 on most teams while Williams has the athletic talent GMs salivate over. Detroit's weakness is their offensive line which they attempted to improve in the first round by selecting LT Brandon Smart #7 overall. Early indicators are he is struggling to pick up the playbook.

Detroit runs a physical 4-3 defense centered around DT Ndamukong Suh. The Nebraska alumni is one of the strongest players in the league and has elite power moves. He is a feared pass rusher and run stuffer. Nick Fairley and Ezekiel Ansah are rising stars who if they reach their potential could give the Lions 3 pro bowlers on the line. Pat Swilling and Brooks Reeds are power outside backers with excellent blitzing skills while Chris Speilman has HOF instincts on the inside. Detroit has 0 players rated above 88 in their secondary and is by far the weakest unit in the game.

It will be fun to watch Sanders and Megatron. Playbook knowledge is all I care about in this game.

A wild game overall, neither D put up much of a fight.

Rambis looked good completing 60% of his passes and did not throw a pick.

Sweetney continues to impress me, he averaged 6.8 yards per carry and made 4 catches.

Michael Floyd was injured in the 2nd half after catching 5 pass for 99 yards, but will be back in time for the next game. He has moved ahead of Stephen Hill on the depth chart. Golden Tate had another great game and is running away with the race for #2.

Not much to say about the defense. I was calling plays in order of most unlearned. Detroit can be unstoppable on offense with Sanders and Johnson. Suh was exceptional, a real force on the inside.

Matchup Preview Pre-Season Week 4 | August 31, 2009
@
New York Jets
( 10 )
Chicago Bears
( 23 )
Game Notes
Last Year Chicago finished 13-3 and were odds on Super Bowl favorites. They came up short however and lost to the Rams in the divisional round. The Monster's of the Midway have the league's best defense only allowing 12 points per game last season.

Head Coach Marc Trestman is a great offensive mind and has plenty of tools to utilize on this side of the ball. He likes to push the ball vertically to his athletic receivers and mix in a physical run attack. Jay Cutler takes the snaps under center for Chicago. The Vanderbilt product has elite athletic skills. He is mobile, strong, and has an absolute cannon. He has a tendency to be too aggressive and can be forced into mistakes. This keeps him from being considered a truly elite QB. Chicago drafted Drew Trumblee in the first round. Eventually he could challenge Cutler for the starting job. At RB the Bears employ one of the greatest of all time: Walter Payton. Sweetness has elite intangibles and can do it all out of the backfield. He is fast, strong, and smart. At WR Chicago prefers Tall athletic types. Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffery fit this description perfectly. Neither are all that fast, but they have excellent hands, jumping ability, and a knack for coming up with big plays. In the slot Matt Forte has converted from running back. Forte has the skills of a pro bowl running back and is developing the hands and route running ability of a all pro WR. At TE Martellus Bennett is a giant target for Cutler. The offensive line is led by Olin Kreutz and has an emerging star in Kyle Long.

Defensively the Bears are a terror. They run a cover 2 base defense but have elite personnel in the front 7. Julius Peppers and Richard Dent are a QBs nightmare rushing the edges while Tommie Harris and Henry Melton can shoot the gap and provide an inside rush. The Star of the Cover 2 defense is Brian Urlacher. Brian has speed and coverage ability unmatched by any backer in the game wrapped in a 6'4" 254 pound frame. He is flanked by 2 more HOF backers in Mike Singletary and Lance Briggs. They are smart players, sure tacklers with excellent recognition, pursuit skills, and coverage skills. The secondary is loaded as well. Charles Tillman is a prototypical cover 2 corner with a knack for forcing fumbles. Nathan Vasher, Mike Brown and Tony Parrish have great recognition and pro bowl potential.

The Bears are my favorite team in real life. I built them to be dynasty and a terror on D. I was pretty pleased with their performance in the first season and hope they can make it to the Super Bowl in the upcoming one.

This game is about getting out healthy while boosting the PB knowledge for some key players.

I only played the first half, super simmed the second.

The Bears D is pretty tough. The range of their 'backers combined with Tillman and Parrish's run support make sweeps nearly impossible. The best bet is to run up the middle.

Rambis was ok, he only completed 55% of his passes. Sweetney made some nice grabs but only avergaed 2.4 yards per carry. The defense looked pretty good and only allowed a few big plays to Marshall.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:34 PM   #39
Rookie

New York Jets Depth Chart - 2009
Regular Offense
PHILOSOPHYSTARTER2nd3RD
WRRed Zone ThreatTerrell Owens 96/96Stephen Hill 84/90Devin Hester 76/85
TEBalancedSamson Jolley 75/97Joel Dreessen 76/85Steve Maneri 67/75
LTSizeD'Brickashaw Ferguson 92/93Champ Andrews 80/83
LGRun BlockDusty Harvey 75/89Jason Pinkston 84/84
CBalancedNick Mangold 96/96Manny Ramirez 82/83
RGRun BlockChilo Rachal 82/82Keith Williams 81/83
RTSizeAustin Howard 90/90Pete Lougheed 85/85
WRRed Zone ThreatGolden Tate 76/85Michael Floyd 82/91
QBField GeneralLuke Rambis 77/98Matt Schaub 89/90Daquan Parrish 56/86
FBBlockingJason Snelling 82/83Peyton Hillis 57/65
HBBalancedMaceo Sweetney 84/97Peyton Hillis 80/90Shane Vereen 77/85
Base 4-3 Defense
PHILOSOPHYSTARTER2ND3RD
LDEPrototypeQuinton Coples 88/92Steve Donadson 83/86
LDTVersatileMuhammad Wilkerson 92/94Rashaud Johnson 80/87
RDTVersatileRed Bryant 88/91
RDEPrototypeSheldon Richardon 86/90Courtney Brown 82/84
WLBPrototypeVernon Gholston 89/92Antwan Barnes 86/90
MLBCoverageAdalius Thomas 92/95Bart Scott 81/82
SLBPrototypeDavid Harris 90/94Nick Roach 79/82
CBMan CoverageDarrelle Revis 94/97Kyle Wilson 82/90J'Covan Pearson 68/73
SSSmartKerry Rhodes 88/90Adam Archuleta 78/88Sedrick Foley 66/71
FSCenterfielderDawan Landry 89/94
CBMan CoverageAlterraun Verner 82/91Dee Milliner 81/90

Notes

Pre-Season Promise: Finish Below .500.

I aligned this with the owner’s expectation. I really have no idea what to expect. Under normal head coach rosters year 2 is generally my take off year, but this is a completely different beast. Last year was such a disaster, but this team is head and shoulders above last year’s. It will be a great test of the strength coaches in this file. If we win more than 9 games I’ll see it as a success.

Season Goals:

Defeat the Dolphins Week 1.

Win 3 out of our first 4 games.

Re-Sign Q. Coples.

Terrell Owens wins Wide Receiver of the Year.

Nick Mangold wins Center of the Year.

Bring OC Brad Childress back at the end of the Year.

Have an approval of 90 or more.

New York Jets Transaction
MoveTeamNameNote
Sign (WR) New York JetsD. HesterElite return player
Release (WR) New York JetsJ. CribbsSpeed is slipping.

Old 02-08-2014, 08:29 PM   #40
Rookie

Matchup Preview | September 6, 2009 | Week 1
@
New York Jets
(0-0, Away)
Miami Dolphins
(0-0, Home)
Offensive Starters
L. Rambis QBD. Marino
M. SweetneyRBR. Williams
T. OwensWR1I. Fryar
G. TateWR2M. Wallace
S. HillWR3T. Duhon
S. JollyTEC. Fleener
D. FergusonLTJ. Long
D. HarveyLGR. Incognito
N. MangoldCM. Pouncey
C. RachalRGJ. Jerry
A. HowardRTT. Clabo
Defensive Starters
Q. CoplesLEC. Wake
S. RichardsonREJ. Taylor
M. WilkersonDTP. Soliai
R. BryantDT/MLBJ. Odrick
V. GholstonLOLBJ. Porter
A. ThomasMLBZ. Thomas
D. HarrisROLBD. Jordan
D. RevisCBP. Surtain
A. VernerCBS. Madison
D. LandryFSC. Lake
K. RhodesSSR. Jones
Game Notes

We are undefeated against Miami and winless against the rest of the league. Last year we also opened the season against this division rival and won in an unorthodox fashion with a punt return for a td, a safety, and won the turnover battle (4-1). In the final game of the season we defeated them rushing for over 350 yards and knocking Marino out of the game.

Miami had a disappointing season last year but decided to stay the course with Joe Philbin. With the #3 overall pick in the draft Miami selected WR Tyrus Duhon. Duhon is fast has tremendous hands already and could develop into a precision route runner. Personally I think it was an excellent selection as the Florida WR is more dependable and has a higher upside than last year’s #3 WR B. Berrian.

Miami’s roster is mostly the same as last year. Outside of Duhon the only major changes were letting nickleback Troy Vincent go and signing FS Carnell Lake.

Miami wins the toss

Miami stalls on first drive at midfield after Coples sack on 3rd down.

Rambis throws pick on 3rd and 11 from MIA 24, R. Jones stepped in front of TO on a deep slant pattern.

D. Ferguson is out for the game, also happened in first game of season last year.

Our defense is really pressuring Marino on 3rd down, getting to him in 2/3 attempts thus far.

Gholston forces M. Wallace to fumble after catching a crossing route. Jets recover at MIA 37.

We take advantage of the great field position and score on a 5 play drive highlighted by a Sweetney 24 yard sweep right. Sweetney takes the next plat 5 yards in for 6. 7-0.

Duhon looking good early one catching first two passes for 45 yards.

Sturgis misses 46 yd attempt.

Malone pins Miami at 2 with 20 seconds left, eerily reminiscent to the first game of last year.

Apparently the Dolphins didn’t learn. I called the same play (46 Inside Blitz) and just like last time my MLB tackles Williams in the endzone for a safety. Only difference from last year is Thomas plays inside for me with last year’s MLB Harris on the outside. 9-0

Sweetney fumbles first play of the half, recovered by MIA at NYJ 15.

Williams runs it in from 2 yards. 9-6.

Marino hits Fleener off play action for a 13 yard TD. Williams is stuffed on 2 PT attempt. 9-13.

D. Hester takes it 97 yards for a TD…. Déjà vu. 16-13.

Duhon makes his 5th grab, but fumbles after Landry plows into him. Verner recovers at NYJ 39.

Next play Rambis overthrows Owens on crossing route, picked by P. Surtain at MIA 44.

With 3:30 left Miami drives to NYJ 3 after 2 completions to Duhon for 30 yards. Williams stuffed twice, Marino drills slant to Fryar who makes 1 handed grab for TD. 16-20.

Time to see if Rambis is worth the hype, 1st and 10 from own 27 with 2:44 left in 4th quarter.

Rambis hits 2 short passes, 2 minute warning, Sweetney takes pitch 24 yards to MIA 27. Rambis incomplete pass to right flat, Jolly catches pass but can’t keep his feet in. 3rd and 10, 1:26 left. Rambis underthrows post over the middle, Surtain steps in front of Tate and takes it 88 for a TD. 16-27.

Defining Moment – I pull Rambis

Schaub’s first throw is directly to C. Lake who returns it 29 yards for another TD. 16-34.

It was a disappointing loss and a reminder that Rambis is going to struggle through some growing pains. He threw 2 picks inside the opponent’s 30. Sweetney lived up to the hype and will be dominant later on. For Miami Duhon looked amazing and is going to be a pain for years. In some ways it is a relieving loss. I was a little worried that the improved roster and coaching staff would immediately make us a contender and I’d have to go back to the drawing board for a custom roster.

New York Jets at Miami Dolphins
Sep 6, 20091ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
New York Jets (0-0)097016
Miami Dolphins (0-0)00132134
Team Stats Comparison
NYJMIA
Total Offense245365
Rushing Yards11499
Passing Yards131266
First Downs1219
Punt Return Yards011
Kick Return Yards25661
Total Yards501437
Turnovers52
3rd Down Converstion3-115-10
4th Down Conversion1-10-0
2-Point Conversion0-00-1
Red Zone Touchdowns/Field Goals1/03/0
Penalties2-202-12
Posession Time24:1035:46
Scoring Summary
SECOND QUARTER SCORINGNYJMIA
8:15(NYJ) M. Sweetney, 5 yard run70
:17(NYJ) A. Thomas tackles R. Williams in endzone. Safety90
THIRD QUARTER SCORINGNYJMIA
13:53(MIA) R. Williams, 3 yard run97
6:44(MIA) C. Fleener, 17 yard pass from D. Marino, 2 pt failed913
6:31(NYJ) D. Hester kick return 97 yards1613
FOURTH QUARTER SCORINGNYJMIA
2:48(MIA) I. Fryar, 6 yard pass from D. Marino1620
1:11(MIA) P. Surtain, INT returned 88 yards1627
1:02(MIA) C. Lake, INT returned 29 yards1634
New York Jets
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
L. Rambis12/2713903
M. Schaub0/1001
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
M. Sweetney211135.31
P. Hillis1110
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
T. Owens5428.40
G. Tate1990
S. Hill1880
M. Floyd115150
S. Jolly114140
M. Sweetney230150
J. Dreessen121210
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
D. Ferguson00
D. Harvey11
N. Mangold00
C. Rachal20
A. Howard20
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Q. Coples2100
S. Richardson1000
M. Wilkerson4000
R. Bryant5000
V. Gholston6000
A. Thomas9000
D. Harris3000
D. Revis3000
A. Verner4000
D. Landry6000
K. Rhodes7000
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
N. Folk0-01-110
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
R. Malone417042.52
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
D. Hester3147491
A. Archuleta410927.20
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
D. Hester0000
Miami Dolphins
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
D. Marino24/2927220
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
R. Williams261033.91
D. Marino1-4-40
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
I. Fryar21891
M. Wallace7689.70
T. Duhon712217.40
C. Fleener64881
S. Philmore113130
H. Unga1330
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
J. Long00
R. Incognito00
M. Pouncey10
J. Jerry10
T. Clabo01
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
C. Wake2000
J, Taylor0000
P. Soilai0000
J. Odrick2100
J. Porter6000
Z. Thomas8000
D. Jordan2000
P. Surtain1021
S. Madison1000
C. Lake6011
R. Jones3010
KICKINGFGXPPTSLONG
C. Sturgis0-14-440
PUNTINGNOYDSAVGIN20
B. Fields417042.50
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
M. Wallace131310
R. Marshall130300
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
M. Wallace2115.50

Last edited by jlech1805; 02-22-2014 at 12:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »