Home

Making a Mark: The Coaching Dynasty of Munroe Washington (NCAA FB 14)

This is a discussion on Making a Mark: The Coaching Dynasty of Munroe Washington (NCAA FB 14) within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-06-2014, 02:29 PM   #1
Rookie

tsallen89's Arena

OVR: 0
Making a Mark: The Coaching Dynasty of Munroe Washington (NCAA FB 14)

NOTE: This is my first try at doing a dynasty like this. Looking to focus on the journey of a coach from a 1star OC to the top. Any feedback/suggestions are GREATLY appreciated. Please comment on here to let me know SOMEONE is interested. Lol.

Rosters: Jackster's most recent ones for 2014
Difficulty: Heisman
Quarters: 8 minutes

Conferences are updated according to what is already in place/what is scheduled to happen.

Rules:
1. I can only play 1 game in the regular season and then 1 postseason game (Conference Championship or Bowl Game)

2. No Recruiting until I become a Head Coach. But I can redshirt/set the depth chart.

Norfolk, VA (AP) August 1, 2014

ODU ANNOUNCES STAFF SHAKE-UP HIRE TITANS VIDEO ASSISTANT AS NEXT O.C.

The Old Dominion Monarchs have today announced a new development concerning their coaching staff at a previously unscheduled press conference on the Old Dominion football complex.

After serving 7 years as the OC at Old Dominion, Brain Scott is heading home. The former Maine QB has accepted the Head Coach position at his alma mater. “I love everything we’ve done here at Old Dominion, but this is simply too good an opportunity to pass up. The opportunity to be the head man at Maine is a dream come true for me. I know the timing isn’t ideal but I am happy to say I’ve received coach Wilder’s blessing to pursue this amazing opportunity,” Scott said in this morning’s press conference.”

Head Coach Bobby Wilder has acted swiftly and somewhat surprisingly in filling the Offensive Coordinator vacancy. Instead of filling the position from within, Wilder has hired an outsider to call the plays and direct the offense for the Monarch Football program.

"When I learned of Brian Scott's decision to accept the opportunity at the University of Maine, I made one phone call to an old friend who pointed me in the direction of our new Offensive Coordinator. I am so thankful that my friend Scott Pioli (former Kansas City Chiefs GM and current Atlanta Falcons assistant GM) had the right candidate in mind. I know that hiring an NFL Video Assistant is a bit unorthodox, but after talking to Scott and interviewing the candidate, I KNEW that we had found our next Offensive Coordinator,” said ODU Head Coach Bobby Wilder.

Wilder continued, “Without further adieu, I’d like to introduce all of you here and everyone in the Old Dominion family to our new Offensive Coordinator, Mr. Munroe Washington.” Munroe is a 2012 graduate of ARMY. For the last 2 years he has served as a video assistant for the Tennessee Titans while pursuing a master’s degree in Educational Administration at Vanderbilt University. While I can’t give away too much information I must tell you that this is a man with an immense knowledge on the offensive side of the ball. I know that he will be a great asset in the development of our players both on and off the field.”

Look for an in depth profile of the new offensive coordinator coming soon.

K.C. CHIEFS

K.C. ROYALS

Check out my dynasty:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...g-dynasty.html

Last edited by tsallen89; 12-06-2014 at 06:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
Rookie

tsallen89's Arena

Re: Making a Mark: The Coaching Dynasty of Munroe Washington (NCAA FB 14)

Who is New Old Dominion O.C. Munroe Washington?

Former Tennessee Titans Video Assistant Munroe Washington has been hired as the next offensive coordinator for the Old Dominion University Monarchs. While the hiring was not expected, ODU Head Coach Bobby Wilder was very confident that the young Munroe was the best man for the Job. Below is a profile of the man who has Norfolk buzzing.

Munroe Washington was born and raised in Glenwood Springs, Colorado and attended James Woods High School. The 24 year old Washington did not play football beyond the High School level. A devastating knee injury in his sophomore year of high school ended his playing career before it ever got started. Despite the injury, Washington was able to leave a lasting impact on his high school. Despite his young age, Munroe served as the Offensive Coordinator for the James Woods High Patriots. The offenses under his direction helped the JWHS Patriots play in back-to-back state championship games.

The young Washington's offensive promise did not go unnoticed. In fact, he was able to work on the staff as a Student Assitant while attending ARMY. After graduating from the Academy with a degree in Education, Munroe was offered a position with the Tennessee Titans. While he wasn't looking to make a change, the opportunity to serve as a Division 1 Offensive Coordinator at such a young age was simply too good a chance to pass up.

Washington plans to Bring his own playbook and run-heavy aggressive philosophy to the Monarchs. His playbook is a Spread variation of the ARMY triple option with some wildcat and TCU spread style mixed in. The offensive players at ODU are very excited to start learning Munroe Washington's "Spread Option Black T" playbook.

Coming Soon: Old Dominion's List of Redshirted Players, The Depth Chart for the Monarchs, and the 2014 Football Schedule

K.C. CHIEFS

K.C. ROYALS

Old 12-06-2014, 04:13 PM   #3
Rookie

tsallen89's Arena

OLD DOMINION RELEASES REDSHIRTED PLAYERS, DEPTH CHART, AND 2014 FOOTBALL SCHEDULE:

Old Dominion Redshirted Players
#NAMEPOSHTWTCLASSHOMETOWN
10David WashingtonQB6'3"204SORaleigh, North Carolina
33Ray LawryHB5'10"192FRWoodbridge, New Jersey
1Melvin VaughnWR6'2"230SOChesapeake, Virginia
4Vincent LoweWR5'9"176FRHampton, Virginia
85Marques LittleWR5'9"178FRWillingboro, New Jersey
9Jonathan DuhartWR6'3"205FRNewington, Virginia
83Quintin ReynoldsWR6'0"170FRHampton, Virginia
74Kyle BottomsLT6'5"285SRKilleen, Texas
63Nick ClarkeC6'4"301FRBakersfield, California
78Darius GarciaRT6'3"295FRSpringfield, Virginia
94Scott WigginsRE6'3"233SORoselle, New Jersey
98O'Shane XiminesRE6'3"215FRAhoskie, North Carolina
57Rashaad CowardDT6'5"319SONew York, New York
50Torrez WentzDT6'2"280FRVinnings, Georgia
41Richie StatonMLB6'1"230SOHampton, Virginia
13Justice DavilaFS6'0"185FREwing, New Jersey
12Christian ByrumSS6'1"193FRVirginia Beach, Virginia

Old Dominion University Monarchs Depth Chart - 2014
Regular Offense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
WRAntonio VaughanNick EnglandC.J. Bradshaw
TEKirk SpellmanCam BoydBlair Roberts
LTEly AndersonConnor MewbourneManuel Matiarena
LGTyler FisherManuel MatiarenaTyler Burns
CConnor MewbourneJosh Mann
RGTyler ComptonManuel MatiarenaTyler Burns
RTTroy ButlerConnor MewbourneManuel Matiarena
WRZach PascalBlair RobertsKirk Spellman
QBTaylor HeinickeShuler BentleyColin McElroy
FBCam BoydBlair Roberts
HBGerard JohnsonCam BoydMalik Moseley
Base 4-3 Defense
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
LDEPoncho BarnwellPreston SmithJude Brenya
LDTChris SmithGalen Evans
RDTMalik GumbsBunmi Rotimi
RDEAndrew EverettPreston SmithJude Brenya
WLBAndre SimmonsAaron Young
MLBD.J. SimonReece Schmidt
SLBMartez SimpsonMalique Johnson
CBReggie OwensSandy Chapman
SSAaron YoungFellonte Misher
FSRob ThompsonAaron Young
CBEriq LewisJevon Neal
Special Teams
STARTER2ND3RD4TH
KRicky Segers
PJoseph Pulisic
PRAntonio VaughanZach Pascal
KRAntonio VaughanZach Pascal
LSEly AndersonTroy ButlerTyler Compton

Old Dominion University Monarchs 2014 Schedule
DATEOPPONENTRESULT
Aug 31vs Hampton University Pirates
Sep 7vs Eastern Michigan
Sep 14at Virginia (Game Played at MetLife Stadium)
Sep 21at Vanderbilt
Sep 28vs University of Texas-San Antonio (UTSA) *C-USA*
Oct 5at University of Alabama-Birmingham *C-USA*
Oct 26vs Florida International University *C-USA*
Nov 2at Louisiana Tech *C-USA*
Nov 9at Rice University *C-USA*
Nov 23vs University of Texas El-Paso *C-USA* HOMECOMING
Nov 30vs Florida Atlantic University *C-USA* SENIOR DAY
Dec 7at Western Kentucy *C-USA*

K.C. CHIEFS

K.C. ROYALS

Old 12-07-2014, 12:22 AM   #4
Rookie

tsallen89's Arena

OLD DOMINION VS HAMPTON

Hampton Pirates at Old Dominion Monarchs
Aug 31, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Hampton Pirates770014
Old Dominion Monarchs (1-0)37141438
Hampton Pirates
Old Dominion Monarchs
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Gerard Johnson211245.92

PLAYER OF THE GAME: RB Gerard Johnson (ODU) 21car. 124yds 5.9ypc 2TDS

In the first game of the 2014 season the Old Dominion University Monarchs faced off against a familiar foe, the Pirates from Hampton University. Hampton was able to keep the game close for a half.

In fact the FCS division Pirates took a lead into half-time. New Monarch Offensive Coordinator Munroe Washington’s hyped offense was anything but spectacular going into the locker room. “Remember, our offense is about slowly wearing down the opposition. We probably aren’t going to put up a fire-works display, especially in the first half. But I can promise you this, teams will leave with a memory of an offense that seeks to physically dominate the game,” Washington said.

In the second half, the Old Dominion offense was able to beat-down the Pirate D while the Monarch defense pitched a shut-out. Old Dominion was able to cruise to a convincing 38-14 victory.

Runningback Gerard Johnson picked up player of the game honors. He finished the day with an impressive 5.9 yards per carry.
Rushing 21 times for 124 yards and 2 Touchdowns.

Next week, The Monarchs host Eastern Michigan University.

K.C. CHIEFS

K.C. ROYALS

Last edited by tsallen89; 12-09-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-07-2014, 01:02 AM   #5
Rookie

tsallen89's Arena

VS

Eastern Michigan Eagles at Old Dominion Monarchs
Sep 7, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Eastern Michigan Eagles (0-2)30141027
Old Dominion Monarchs (2-0)71002037
Eastern Michigan Eagles
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Bronson Hill231687.32
Old Dominion Monarchs

PLAYER OF THE GAME: RB Bronson Hill (EMU) 23car. 168yds 7.3ypc 2TDS

Old Dominion’s first game against another FBS division foe saw the Monarchs host the Eagles from Eastern Michigan University. Old Dominion was able to jump out to a 17-3 lead in the first half. In the second half, Eastern Michigan’s star runningback Bronson Hill did everything he could to give his Eagles a shot at the W.

Eastern Michigan scored 21 straight points to begin the second half and regain the lead 24-17 with less than 12minutes to go in the fourth quarter. Unfortunately for the Eagles, Old Dominion’s offense was once again able to wear down their opponent’s defensive unit, ending the game on a 20-3 run to give the Monarchs a 37-27 victory.

ODU offensive Coordinator Munroe Washington was pleased with his unit’s performance. “Well, it’s never pretty when you can’t get any one back over 100 yards, but I was pleased with the way our O-Line kept fighting. I told them that they would own the end of the game if they kept up the effort and I am VERY happy that my promise came true. This is a good unit and I am looking forward to the challenge we will face against Virginia next week,” said the coach.

Next week Old Dominion’s abilities will be put to the test as they take a major step-up in the level of competition. The Monarchs will travel to MetLife Stadium to take on the University of Virginia Cavaliers in a nationally televised game. The game will serve as a measuring stick for Old Dominion in their second year as an FBS level team.

K.C. CHIEFS

K.C. ROYALS

Last edited by tsallen89; 12-09-2014 at 12:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2014, 11:32 PM   #6
Rookie

tsallen89's Arena

Old Dominion Monarchs at Virginia Cavaliers
Sep 14, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Old Dominion Monarchs (2-1)770721
Virginia Cavaliers (3-0)1076023
Old Dominion Monarchs
Virginia Cavaliers
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Kevin Parks241395.7

PLAYER OF THE GAME: RB Kevin Parks (UVA) 24car 139yds 5.7avg

Monarchs Lose Opportunity to make BOLD statement:

MetLife Stadium was anything but boring as the Virginia Cavaliers played host to the Monarchs from Old Dominion University. A capacity crowd saw the University of Virginia hold off a tough effort from ODU. Virginia's Senior co-captain, runningback Kevin Parks, led the way for the Cavaliers, gaining 139 yards on 24 carries in a game that was much closer than most experts predicted.

Old Dominion was able to jump out to a 7-0 lead midway through the 1st quarter before allowing 17 straight points from the Cavaliers. A late touchdown closed the gap, 14-17 as the teams went to the half. The third quarter proved to be the deciding part of the game. The Old Dominion defense was able to hold Virginia's offense to two field goals after getting within the 3yard line both times. While the Monarchs were able to tack on a late Touchdown, they were unable to recover the ensuing onside kick, falling 21-23.

K.C. CHIEFS

K.C. ROYALS

Last edited by tsallen89; 12-09-2014 at 12:25 AM.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:36 PM   #7
Rookie

tsallen89's Arena

Vanderbilt Shows Old Dominion
Just What SEC Superiority Is

Old Dominion Monarchs at Vanderbilt Commodores
Sep 21, 20141ST2ND3RD4THSCORE
Old Dominion Monarchs (2-2)770014
Vanderbilt Commodores (2-2)7103323
Old Dominion Monarchs
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Gerard Johnson20874.32
Vanderbilt Commodores

PLAYER OF THE GAME: RB Gerard Johnson 20car 87yds 4.3avg 2TD

Despite a strong showing from Runningback Gerard Johnson, Old Dominion was no match for the Vanderbilt Commodores. Johnson did everything he could to give Old Dominion a fighting chance, scoring 2 touchdowns while gaining 87 yards in the first half.

Unfortunately for the Monarchs, their emotional leader was forced to leave the game midway through the 2nd quarter with a lower-leg injury. After the injury, Old Dominion's momentum was totally deflated. Vanderbilt was able to capitalize on the major momentum shift, scoring the game's final 16 points and thoroughly dominating the second half of play.

Old Dominion Head Coach Bobby Wilder was less than pleased with the way his team responded to the Johnson injury.He did not hold back in his postgame comments:
"I don't want to take anything away from Vanderbilt, they obviously wanted this alot more than we did. That being said, I am not at all happy with the effort our guys had in the second half. Gerard Johnson is a great player, but we can't depend on one man. The last time I checked, we have 11 guys on the field at a time. Thats a heckuva lot more than 1."

Head Coach Wilder also shared some thoughts on the performance of his staff:
"The players didn't respond well, the coaching staff also allowed themselves to get 'shell shocked'. I think our offense needs to figure out how to respond to injuries. This is a marathon, not a sprint and I will be making sure our offensive staff understands that. We've got lots of talented young men, I can promise you that our staff will remember that in the coming weeks."

Wilder then closed the press conference. No other players or staff were permitted on the podium. Is this the beginning of a rift between Wilder and his staff??? When will we hear from other members of the Monarchs??? Check back next week as ODU hosts Texas-San Antonio in their first week of Conference USA action...

K.C. CHIEFS

K.C. ROYALS

Last edited by tsallen89; 12-09-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old 12-08-2014, 11:39 PM   #8
Rookie

tsallen89's Arena

RICKY'S KICK GIVES
ODU OT WIN

Ricky Segers hits Game-Winning FG in Overtime

Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners at Old Dominion Monarchs
Sep 28, 20141ST2ND3RD4THOTSCORE
Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners ()7370017
Old Dominion Monarchs (3-2)3770320
Texas-San Antonio Roadrunners
Old Dominion Monarchs
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Taylor Heinicke9/2016920

PLAYER OF THE GAME: QB Taylor Heinicke 9-20passing 169yds 2TD

In their first game as a full fledged member of Conference USA, Old Dominion hosted the Roadrunners from Texas-San Antonio. QB Taylor Heinicke helped lead the Monarchs to victory despite being less than efficient in the air. His 2 Touchdowns helped him earn Player of the Game Honors.

While this wasn't a perfectly beautiful game in any stretch of the imagination, ODU head coach Bobby Wilder was happy to escape with a win. "I know today wasn't the prettiest game to watch, but I am glad to leave with a W. Also, I'd like to apologize for some of the comments made in anger at last week's press conference. As you can see our offense did a good job at being resilient and keeping up the fight this week. I thank O.C. Munroe Washington deserves a lot of credit for that. He is definitely an asset and I'm glad he's part of the Monarch family," said Wilder.

After Old Dominion and UTSA traded points throughout regulation, the game went to Overtime.Old Dominion Kicker Ricky Segers was able to make ammends for 2 earlier miscues by drilling the game winning FG in overtime.

K.C. CHIEFS

K.C. ROYALS

Last edited by tsallen89; 12-09-2014 at 07:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »