Home

Change in Tampa - HC09

This is a discussion on Change in Tampa - HC09 within the Coaching Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2019, 01:26 PM   #1
Pro

lastlastlast's Arena

OVR: 11
Change in Tampa - HC09

Editors' Note: I'm starting over because my last chise didn't really go the way I wanted it to and became a bit too unrealistic, so I'm going to restart and try to explain more and add more realism.

The Tampa Bay Bucs have announced the resignation of head coach Jon Gruden. Gruden reportedly is unsatisfied with the direction of the team and chose to leave to become the new face of Monday Night Football on ESPN. Thus, just 2 weeks before free agency, the Bucs had to search for a new coach, and they found their man in Jordan Scott. Scott, an Indiana University graduate, has served the past 5 years as an offensive assistant at IU, where the team has come up with innovative offensive schemes that Scott will bring to Tampa.

Scott's first announcement was a surprising one, as he announced that the team will franchise tag linebacker Jeremiah Trotter. The aging Trotter is definitely not worth an $8 million salary at this point, so it's confusing as to why the Bucs are making this move.

Scott also announced that RFA Jovan Haye will be given an original-round tender, meaning that a team will only need to surrender a 7th-round pick to sign him to an offer sheet. This is not surprising, as Scott likely wants to bring in his own personnel and Haye is not worth much.

Finally, Scott announced the cuts of tackle Donald Penn, defensive end Patrick Chukwurah, and defensive tackles Ryan Sims and Greg Peterson.

As the team goes into free agency, Scott certainly has his work cut out. The biggest question mark is at quarterback, as the Bucs have 4 on the roster currently, but each have their own problems. Jeff Garcia is aging and not the long-term solution, Chris Simms has been a bust in the NFL thus far, and Luke McCown and Bruce Gradkowski have not shown much to prove that they can be viable starters.

At running back, Earnest Graham has shown flashes, but he is likely not a bell-cow back going forward. Cadillac Williams has also been a bust as a top pick in 2005, and the Bucs may choose to move on from him and his high salary. Fullback BJ Askew is solid but unspectacular.

At receiver, the Bucs have talent but age in Joey Galloway and Ike Hilliard. Michael Clayton, another first-round bust, follows them, along with Maurice Stovall, who needs to prove something this season. Finally, Paris Warren will likely not make the final roster.

At tight end, the Bucs only have Alex Smith, who has been decent, but Tampa needs to find some depth due to the departures of Jerramy Stevens and Anthony Becht.

The offensive line is solid but with one major weakness. Tackles Luke Petitgout and Jeremy Trueblood will get the job done, and guards Arron Sears and Davin Joseph are two of the best in the league and are young. The Bucs also have a solid backup in guard Dan Buenning. However, the Bucs are losing centers John Wade and Matt Lehr to free agency, so Tampa will need to find a new starter at the position.

On the defensive line, the Bucs feature last year's 4th overall pick Gaines Adams, who was decent last season. However, the Bucs only have Greg White beside him, so an upgrade may be needed. At defensive tackle, Chris Hovan is a solid option, but Tampa needs some depth.

At linebacker, the Bucs are very solid. Cato June, Barrett Ruud, Jeremiah Trotter and Derrick Brooks are four of the best. Solid depth is also there with second-year Quincy Black, veteran Ryan Nece, and youngster Adam Hayward.

The Bucs feature two solid corners in Ronde Barber and Philip Buchanon, but will need some depth behind them because Brian Kelly, Sammy Davis and Torrie Cox are all leaving for free agency.

At safety, the Bucs have young star Tanard Jackson alongside veteran Jermaine Phillips, with backups in veteran Will Allen and second-year Sabby Piscitelli.

The Bucs' special teams game is solid, with kicker Matt Bryant and punter Josh Bidwell getting the job done.

Overall, Tampa has a solid roster, but long term answers at quarterback and receiver will hamper this team. Scott must find solutions at those positions.

NFL Head Coach 09 (X360/PS3)
Fortnite (PS5/PC)
MLB 22 The Show (PS5/XSX)
Hogwarts Legacy (PS5)

Last edited by lastlastlast; 09-27-2019 at 01:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2020, 12:25 AM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Change in Tampa - HC09

Out of curiosity, what playbooks are you using? I'm wanting to have a very heavy run offense but can't find a playbook where I can do so. Any playbooks that you can pretty much wipe clean and not get those can't remove the play because it's vital BS?
Old 03-06-2020, 02:09 PM   #3
Pro

lastlastlast's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtilley
Out of curiosity, what playbooks are you using? I'm wanting to have a very heavy run offense but can't find a playbook where I can do so. Any playbooks that you can pretty much wipe clean and not get those can't remove the play because it's vital BS?
I haven't played HC in a while, but I usually just use the default playbooks because I prefer to focus on the team building aspect and sim games instead of coaching through them. I don't usually use the playbook editors and things of that nature. I do know the Sanders Army Run is pretty run heavy though.

NFL Head Coach 09 (X360/PS3)
Fortnite (PS5/PC)
MLB 22 The Show (PS5/XSX)
Hogwarts Legacy (PS5)
Old 03-12-2021, 11:47 PM   #4
Rookie

TheButter's Arena

OVR: 0

You still play HC09? We've got a Reddit community now, over 700 members in like 3 months or so. I'd love to see some of these on there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NFLHeadCoac...m_source=share

CPU teams stole your successful plays in your playbook and added them to their playbooks. That feature met with college playbooks from incoming college coaches and user created plays birthed a new meta evolution for playcallers across the NFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Coaching Dynasties »