Home

UNC Tar Heels

This is a discussion on UNC Tar Heels within the College Basketball Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: UNC Tar Heels

So far, you see the Heels have a lotta height & talent. Little anything else. Very disorganized as Roy seems to have little clue as to who works well together. But the hustle is there. They are subbing in waves & going full speed each trip down the floor.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 11-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

@ halftime, UNC up 57-32. Heels took 40 shots, just 2 of them 3's. Made none from downtown. 11 turnovers. 31-13 rebounding edge.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 11-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Currently 87-41. Davis has 11pts 5reb, 5assists 4 blks.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2009, 09:31 PM   #12
stewaat

OVR:

Thanks for the update!

How are the freshmen doing?

Old 11-06-2009, 09:35 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Final 107-59. I hope Roy keeps this style early. Its going to take awhile for the Heels to get acclimated to each other, the frosh to get used to the system & the points to get confident. Playing a frantic, hectic, wild pace while subbing in waves will hide their deficiency in the half court. 20 turnovers tell the tale. Many unforced.

Some poor shot selection. Like Henson shooting a 3 after air balling 2 free throws. Take a few step in, bro, till you get your range.

Davis was the only player to get more than 19 minutes. 13pts, 6 boards, 5 dishes, 4 blks.

I like the fact they hustled so well on D. 17 steals. 56 rebounds, 19 offensive. 12 players had @ least 12 minutes. The only one of them not to score was McDonald.

Tyler Zeller runs so well for a guy w/his length. Watts is going to surprise some w/his athleticism.

Thompson was 12 of 13 for 25 pts in just 16 minutes.

Only 8 3pt shots taken all game, 2 made. Graves was the only Heels to put it up from behind the arc twice.

Ginyard looked good filling in @ the point. 6 assists, 2 turnovers & 4 steals. Plus, he's gotten real cut over the offseason.

FT's need work. 13 of 24. Teams are going to pack it in & take the foul if the Heels get it inside. That was the underrated part of Hansbrough's game. Teams wanted to send him to the line & he still made them pay.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 11-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
Thanks for the update!

How are the freshmen doing?
Henson appeared nervous. But he & the Wear twins had surprising handles for 6'9/10" guys. I thought the passing by the big men in the paint was exceptional. Course, having looked @ the black hole that was Psycho T for 4 seasons may have distorted my ability to assess that area.

I also thought the big fellas did a nice job in trapping, even in the full court. They forced a few TO's & time outs with that.

Strickland was pretty gritty. Good ability to take it to the hoop. Played the passing lanes well.

McDonald struggled a bit. He seems to have the most to learn. I mentioned in the post above about Henson's shooting.

The whole team seems like they can reject shots. Watts had a tremendous denial of a breakaway lay up. Seven different players had a blk, Davis & Henson each had 4.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 11-09-2009, 02:28 PM   #15
Rookie

JVal3208's Arena

OVR: 7

It's gonna be an interesting year, fellas. I haven't seen the Heels with this big of a team in a while. They are young, but very deep in the front court. They also don't have any reliable 3pt shooters. Can't wait to see them play, though, it's gonna be a great season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #16
Banned

TwelveozPlaya21's Arena

OVR: 18

season opens up tonight. Get to see the first preview of what this team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads »