Home

UNC Tar Heels

This is a discussion on UNC Tar Heels within the College Basketball Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
stewaat

OVR:
UNC Tar Heels

Starting lineup for 2009-2010:

PG- Larry Drew II
SG- Marcus Ginyard
SF- John Henson
PF- Deon Thompson
C- Ed Davis

Bench:
PG- Dexter Strickland
G- Leslie McDonald
SF- Will Graves
PF- David Wear
PF- Travis Wear
C- Luke Zeller

If a PG steps up UNC will be back in the race for a National Title. I sure as heck hope Dexter Strickland can take the starting job. Larry Drew II is pretty good, but I don't think he's a top tier PG.

Our lineup is HUGE and it is going to be absolutely filthy.

Henson will play the 3 says Roy Williams: "John will begin the season on the perimeter as a three and I think he will stay there all season," says Williams. "He has tremendously long arms and will probably block more shots than any perimeter player in college basketball. With Ed (Davis) and Deon (Thompson), we may block more shots than any team I've ever coached. John has the ability with his length to hurt you inside and also step out and put the ball on the floor or shoot it."

I love Carolina basketball man, I absolutely love it.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2009, 12:26 AM   #2
Rookie

sweny5632's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: UNC Tar Heels

I know they will dominate inside but im a little concerned where the shooting is going to come from. There will be a few games where the Heels are going to have to score from the 3point line, although I dont think there are very many teams in the country that can stop them in the paint. Not so tense watching games when they are not everyones champion at the beginning of the season. Overall its going to be an amazing season!
Old 10-19-2009, 05:17 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47

Good to know about Henson's versatility. I was so happy/bummed at the end of last year when everyone left, but I knew that Roy would be Trailblazing again.

I hope that Drew II can step up, and not turnover the ball over as much as he did last year. When he was in the game I would hold my breath.

This will be the year of Ed Davis. He reminds me of a younger, more athletic version of Sam Perkins.

Can't wait for the season to start!
Old 10-19-2009, 08:55 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Everyone is pointing @ the PG position is the key. But what do they need from him? Look @ the 4 points that have one titles @ Carolina.

Jimmy Black, Derrick Phelps, Raymond Felton, Tywon Lawson.

What do they have in common? Half were great offensive players in their own right. The others weren't. UNC doesn't need points. Each of those PG's though, had great talent around them.

These are the keys: All 4 were "pass-1st". All 4 put great pressure on the ball. That's what UNC needs from Drew.

I'm more concerned w/the 2. Ginyard is a fantastic player. But can he provide enough of a threat w/his jump shot to make the defense honest?
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 10-20-2009, 04:35 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
I'm more concerned w/the 2. Ginyard is a fantastic player. But can he provide enough of a threat w/his jump shot to make the defense honest?
I'm with you on that. He's an excellent swing man who can definitely play some defense, but I was never totally sold on the guy's long range shot.

On a different note, seeing how much Davis and Zeller beefed up during the off-season was really encouraging.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2009, 07:27 PM   #6
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
Everyone is pointing @ the PG position is the key. But what do they need from him? Look @ the 4 points that have one titles @ Carolina.

Jimmy Black, Derrick Phelps, Raymond Felton, Tywon Lawson.

What do they have in common? Half were great offensive players in their own right. The others weren't. UNC doesn't need points. Each of those PG's though, had great talent around them.

These are the keys: All 4 were "pass-1st". All 4 put great pressure on the ball. That's what UNC needs from Drew.

Thats the million dollar question. Do we have enough outside shooting to keep teams from just packing it in on us every game. That is by far the biggest question mark concerning this team. We should be good at every other aspect of the game. But in College Basketball, if you don't have anybody that can hurt you from the outside. It really puts you at a big disadvantage.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 11-06-2009, 01:11 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Sounds like Drew had some trouble in the exhibition vs Vandy.

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/916635.html

Maybe I'm wrong & should be concerned.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 11-06-2009, 07:55 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Free online broadcast of the exhibition game vs Belmont can be found here.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads »