Home

Kentucky Wildcats 2010-11 Thread

This is a discussion on Kentucky Wildcats 2010-11 Thread within the College Basketball Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-26-2011, 12:53 PM   #25
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Kentucky Wildcats 2010-11 Thread

Those road lossess seem like a lifetime ago....go Cats!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2011, 02:14 PM   #26
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatchild
Those road lossess seem like a lifetime ago....go Cats!
Yes it is, now its redemption time with UNC and then UCONN!!! Go Cats!!!
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats
Old 04-01-2011, 01:55 PM   #27
All Star

DakkoN's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: Kentucky Wild***s 2010-11 Thread

Nice article on DeAndre Liggins.. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/*******...brother_040111

I think with high character guys like Michael Gilchrist and Anthony Davis coming in, next year's team is going end up being my favorite of all time.. especially if Brandon ****** comes back. Gilchrist has went through so much already and has overcome adversity his whole life.. I've never seen somebody have so many bad things happen around them one right after another, and his uncle died on the day he signed with UK..

EDIT: Be glad when this 4-1 crap is over with. censored word in the link is basket ball.
Old 10-15-2011, 01:00 AM   #28
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Kentucky Wild***s 2010-11 Thread

Season is getting closer
Old 10-16-2011, 12:23 PM   #29
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

Attended Midnight Madness the other night. You know it's going to be a great season when your biggest concern (besides injury) is whether or not one five star (Doron Lamb) or the other (Michael Kidd-Gilchrist) will get their feelings hurt because they won't be starting. I'm truly undecided whether or not Calipari goes big and puts Miller at the "2" and starts MKG or goes with the more experienced Lamb. Regardless, MKG is going to end up being my favorite player....he can do so many things on the court. Lamb better improve his "D" if he wants to entrench himself in the starting lineup this season. Both guys are arguably more talented than Darius, but no way Cal doesn't start the senior leader.

Also, Kyle Wiltjer is going to be an outstanding college player. He's got that Scott Padgett face-up game but, at first glance, seems to have more athleticism. He has a great feel for the game already.

Anthony Davis and Terrence Jones are studs, no news there. Neither one is a true "5" but neither were Walter McCarty and Antoine Walker back in '96.

At the end of the day, this team's most important player is going to be Marquis Teague. I think he'll be just fine as long as he runs the team, gets the ball where it needs to go, and makes smart decisions.

This will upset UNC fans, but on paper, UK is more talented top to bottom. I'm not saying UNC can't beat us - they most certainly can and did last year in Chapel Hill - but I honestly think UK has more parts to work with this season. The media can play the "experience factor" all they want and annoint UNC preseason #1 based on this, but UK returns three starters who BEAT UNC in an Elite 8 game last year. That has to count for something, right?
Old 10-19-2011, 11:52 AM   #30
MVP

Koolie G's Arena

UNC is certainly very good. They probably deserve to be #1. UCONN and Ohio State are also gonna be hard to deal with.

UK is probably more talented on paper, so then it just all comes down to who can execute and play together. This season is going to be so exciting for UK fans, I can't wait. It is really just gonna be a good year for college basketball in general. The UK-UNC game will be a fun one to watch.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:12 AM   #31
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

UNC is good, no argument there. You kind of know what you're going to get from Zeller and Henson. Marshall will be solid once again. Barnes is probably the most talented wing scorer in all of college basketball - he can go for 40 on any given night. Hairston and MacAdoo will be solid role players off the bench. The "X" factor for them might be Reggie Bullock - he was a Top-15 recruit who struggled last year. I believe he was injured and missed a lot of games down the stretch. He looked good at their Madness the other night.

It's hard to say people are sleeping on a Top 10 team, but Syracuse is going to be scary good this year and will give UConn, Louisville, and Pitt a run for their money this year in the Big East. They have a nice blend of senior leadership, athleticism, and size. They go about 9-10 deep too. If I'm picking a Final Four, I include them along with UNC, UK, and a fourth team to be named later. Ohio State and UConn are scary good, but I'm not ready to pencil them in as my "fourth" team right now. Diebler and Lighty will be missed for the Buckeyes, as will Kemba Walker who basically willed that team to the title last year. I actually want to put Vandy in there but they always find a way to lose in March.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2011, 10:51 AM   #32
MVP

Caveman24's Arena

OVR: 25

Our non-conference schedule is pretty tuff we got UNC and Kansas I think we can win alot of games but I have to see how our lineup is going be we have a overload at the shooting guard and small forward spot I also hope we let Terrence Jones play the 3 more this year as well

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads »