Home

Kentucky Wildcats 2012-2013 Thread

This is a discussion on Kentucky Wildcats 2012-2013 Thread within the College Basketball Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Kentucky Wildcats 2012-2013 Thread

Well I like Nerlens that's about it lol, two losses at Rupp already is not cool.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:23 AM   #10
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

The fans that boo'd are terrible. UK has lost 2 games at home this year, and that is bad, but oh well. Everyone knew this wasn't going to be a national title team, and the games they played against Duke & UL proved that they can still surprise people come March.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #11
Bills Mafia!!

racerx's Arena

OVR: 21

I really believe this team is gonna need some quality wins against Florida and Missouri to build a resume for the tournament. They have NO quality wins to this point, only Maryland and they are middle of the road. This doesn't look good at this point.
NCAA Basketball - UK Wildcats
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2013, 05:48 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

This team needs a Darius miller type player, really missing some type of leadership.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #13
Pro

thefakeJTS's Arena

OVR: 0
What this team needs, is less Archie Goodwin.
Atlanta Hawks
Old 02-08-2013, 04:54 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

Maybe this team is turning the corner, Winning at Ole Miss was huge, and it's a huge boost for this team. Finally we have beaten a ranked opponent, and it happened on the road in a hostile environment. It was nice to get revenge against Texas A&M on the road as well. I know this team has a real chance to win the SEC, but it remains to be seen if they can do it.

Florida is good, but this team can stick with them, there's no huge disparity between them. We have a chance to win every game when Nerlens is doing his thing down low, protecting the post like it's his mother, and his offensive repertoire is improving dramatically and quickly I may add. Poythress has got to realize how good he can be, he's such a key to this team. I have no doubt this team is a top 25 team, it's just gonna take some time to gel.

I just still can't put my finger on this team yet, They're slowly finding their identity, and I would say come March, this is a team nobody would wanna play, because they could be extremely dangerous.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #15
Pro

thefakeJTS's Arena

OVR: 0
This team drives me nuts. We have all the talent in the world, but we can't put it all together. I can't wait to see if we actually take that next step against Florida in Gainesville.
Atlanta Hawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2013, 05:38 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefakeJTS
This team drives me nuts. We have all the talent in the world, but we can't put it all together. I can't wait to see if we actually take that next step against Florida in Gainesville.
Yea they're frustrating, but for a group of freshman, and with absolutely no experience on the roster, it's to be expected. I like this team, and in a way they remind me of the 10-11 Wildcats, they could pull off something like that team, I really think they are beginning to gel, and time will tell. Goodwin and Poythress are just so raw, there's alot of talent and skill between those two, I think Poythress could be a monster, but I really don't know if he will realize it this season. Goodwin is just so raw offensively, he could be a scorer, but he is inconsistent, and reminds me of poor man's Joe Johnson in the making.

Nerlens is so damn impressive for a freshman, it's just a credit to that guy, at the things he's doing out there in his first year. and Cauley-Stein is a real solid all around, I really like his game, I just hope he can stay healthy.

The way I look at it, We've only had two bad losses. Losing to Baylor at home was an ugly blemish that still bothers me, and then the loss at Alabama. I can't be upset with the loss to A&M at home, Elston was just ridiculous that day, and we got even on the road with them. Now is when I care, Can we beat Florida? I think so, I'm really anticipating this one. Oh and Mays has been so efficient from deep lately, that's a huge bonus.

Last edited by DamnYanks2; 03-10-2013 at 09:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads »