Home

Kentucky Wildcats 2012-2013 Thread

This is a discussion on Kentucky Wildcats 2012-2013 Thread within the College Basketball Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2013, 04:57 PM   #41
Pro

thefakeJTS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Kentucky Wildcats 2012-2013 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Hell no, none of those guys are close to ready.

Poythress has the most potential out of all three of those guys, but I really don't know if he knows where he is sometimes. Has that Randolph Morris disappearing gene. He just kinda shows you glimpses, but his motivation is like a rollercoaster. He's all over the place, He makes Terrence Jones look like he had a good attention span.

Goodwin- is an erratic player, who does have some intangibles, but makes freshman mistakes, and takes bad shots, and really does not have a good shot.

Willie Cauley Stein- I think has the potential to be a good college player, but he's so raw. He's really not a good defender, he's just a good shot blocker, and has a weak offensive repertoire.

I guess anything is possible when a guy like Daniel Orton gets drafted, but that didn't work out long term , and all three of these players would head down that path, fighting for d league spots or playing overseas in Israel.

EDIT: As I wrote this, it's really just starting to settle in that Kentucky won't be in the tournament, I kinda made fun of it earlier, but it's not funny now. The one thing I look forward to more then anything, other then Kentucky basketball, is March Madness, UK and March go together like bread and butter, and it just now set in, how pissed I am gonna be filling my bracket out, and not seeing Kentucky on there.

Damnit I know I won't be able to stomach the NIT, I can't watch it, even if we win the whole thing, it still just won't do anything for me. All we had to do was beat Vandy, and we had already accomplished it twice, and we were in. Truth be told we shouldn't have even been put in that position, We should have whipped Georgia on the road, they were a horrible team.

Most frustrating thing to me; This team should have been a tournament team even without Nerlens, Sure we probably would have made an early exit, but that's the beauty of March you never know, and if this team is capable of beating Florida, who knows where it could end. But we never even give ourselves that chance.

Losing to Baylor at home
Losing to Texas A&M at home
Getting blown out at Notre Dame
Losing to Louisville
Losing to Duke
Getting embarrassed at Tennessee
Losing to a terrible Georgia team.
Bowing out in round 1 of the SEC tournament to a weak Vandy team
Losing our best player in Noel for the season.

Ok I'm done. But I want to look at this post next year, and laugh when we put out one of the best teams in the nation next year, or so I hope.
I couldn't have said it better myself. This season was such a disappointment even before Noel went down with injury. Only question is what do we do with everyone next year if most of these guys stay? If I was an NBA GM, drafting one of these guys in the first round this year should get me fired.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2013, 04:22 AM   #42
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefakeJTS
I couldn't have said it better myself. This season was such a disappointment even before Noel went down with injury. Only question is what do we do with everyone next year if most of these guys stay? If I was an NBA GM, drafting one of these guys in the first round this year should get me fired.
Well looks like everyone elgible is coming back, Poythress, Goodwin, Harrow, and Cauley Stein is back, i don't care what he says.

Oh, we are gonna be scary deep next year. Maybe Poythress and Harrow learn something next year, if Alex does figure it out, he could be special.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:01 AM   #43
Rookie

WeinerSnuggie249's Arena

OVR: 1

Bobby Mo!

LOL
Pittsburgh Penguins
North Carolina Tar Heels
Old 03-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #44
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Julius Randle committed to UK! We have the best recruiting class EVER now.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #45
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

Amazing how Kentucky continues to pull in top recruiting classes. This class is going to be nasty, but I stand by my previous comments: Unless they get a few of those guys from this year to stay, they will not win another National Championship. It would be impossible to win a NC with your top seven players being Freshman.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #46
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

OVR: 17

I don't know how Cal does it but damn. To get the best PG,SG,PF & C in the same class. How is he going to manage all the PFs if Poythress comes back. Does he start Poythress and bring Randle off the bench? Is Witjer now 3rd string and basically injured reserve? Does Marcus Lee red shirt because no way he sees any minutes next year?

Hell does Derek Willis red shirt? If Cal can pull off keeping 7 front court players happy with only 40 minutes a game. He tops Phil Jackson in the "ego management" department. Also not trying to make this sound bad because every coach in America would love to have this problem lol

Anyways congrats on Randle. Should be one hell of a game when yall come to UNC next year.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #47
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrothers24
I don't know how Cal does it but damn. To get the best PG,SG,PF & C in the same class. How is he going to manage all the PFs if Poythress comes back. Does he start Poythress and bring Randle off the bench? Is Witjer now 3rd string and basically injured reserve? Does Marcus Lee red shirt because no way he sees any minutes next year?

Hell does Derek Willis red shirt? If Cal can pull off keeping 7 front court players happy with only 40 minutes a game. He tops Phil Jackson in the "ego management" department. Also not trying to make this sound bad because every coach in America would love to have this problem lol

Anyways congrats on Randle. Should be one hell of a game when yall come to UNC next year.

Randle and Andrew Harrison (the PG twin) are locks to start. I almost guarantee that.

I have no idea how they are going to play lol, because we still could pick up Wiggins or Aaron Gordon as well :/

Also I am happy that we are playing UNC again. I don't like UNC, but they are one of the best programs of all time and it is great playing a consistently good team every year.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #48
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Well looks like everyone elgible is coming back, Poythress, Goodwin, Harrow, and Cauley Stein is back, i don't care what he says.

Oh, we are gonna be scary deep next year. Maybe Poythress and Harrow learn something next year, if Alex does figure it out, he could be special.
Harrow will not be back. WCS may not be back, although he most likely will.

Last edited by PhantomPain; 03-20-2013 at 05:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads »