Home

Kentucky Wildcats 2013-2014 Thread

This is a discussion on Kentucky Wildcats 2013-2014 Thread within the College Basketball Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2013, 12:01 AM   #33
MVP

jasontoddwhitt's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Kentucky Wildcats 2013-2014 Thread

I feel ya coach....I pretty much did the same after that pathetic second half.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:36 AM   #34
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
First of all I have never played for IU so I never beat UK in 2011.
And second yes UK did have better leaders on that team than they do this team.
This team loses games they just shouldn't the 2012 team didn't.
This team gets out hustled and out played a lot that team didn't.
Sorry I will leave ur UK forum alone. Just was giving my opinion.
It's funny I said a lot of the same things others were saying yet u called me out.
Sorry that game from December bothers u so much.
Jake I don't think he was calling you out, but I do think it is too early to say this team has no leaders and won't come March. That is 4 months away, and a lot can change.
The 2012 team was one of the best NCAA teams ever (in my slightly biased opinion). It isn't fair to compare the two, especially since they struggled early as well (albeit they didn't lose till the IU game).
Right now this team isn't a national title team. I don't think any non biased UK fan would disagree there, but thankfully there is still time.

You're a great poster so there should be no issue with you posting here imo, especially since you're one of the few decent IU fans .
Old 12-08-2013, 09:01 AM   #35
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
Jake I don't think he was calling you out, but I do think it is too early to say this team has no leaders and won't come March. That is 4 months away, and a lot can change.
The 2012 team was one of the best NCAA teams ever (in my slightly biased opinion). It isn't fair to compare the two, especially since they struggled early as well (albeit they didn't lose till the IU game).
Right now this team isn't a national title team. I don't think any non biased UK fan would disagree there, but thankfully there is still time.

You're a great poster so there should be no issue with you posting here imo, especially since you're one of the few decent IU fans .
I second this remark
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #36
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule

Dont kid yourself by him saying IU beat beat UK for the national championship in December was a jab at me and IU.
And my only point was I just don't see any leaders on this team.
I see a bunch of really talented guys who are buying their time till they can play in the NBA.
Come March someone is going to go on a run vs this team and when push comes to shove I didn't see anyone on this team that is going to step up and get in their faces and be a leader.

Last edited by jake44np; 12-08-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #37
MVP

wildcatchild's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
Dont kid yourself by him saying IU beat beat UK for the national championship in December was a jab at me and IU.
And my only point was I just don't see any leaders on this team.
I see a bunch of really talented guys who are buying their time till they can play in the NBA.
Come March someone is going to go on a run vs this team and when push comes to shove I didn't see anyone on this team that is going to step up and get in their faces and be a leader.
Look man, I will freely admit I dislike IU, Louisville, Duke, and UNC (in that order). And you may very well be one of the few logical IU fans on this board. But you came into a UK team thread and said our young team has no "leaders" after 9 games. While time may prove you right, it's way too early to make that declaration. And comparing this UK team to the 2012 team is downright unfair except for the fact that it's dominated by freshman and sophomores. Sorry for the jab about the 2011 game but maybe you should worry about your own team who, despite returning a seasoned vet in Will Sheehey, is also off to a slow start.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #38
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcatchild
Look man, I will freely admit I dislike IU, Louisville, Duke, and UNC (in that order). And you may very well be one of the few logical IU fans on this board. But you came into a UK team thread and said our young team has no "leaders" after 9 games. While time may prove you right, it's way too early to make that declaration. And comparing this UK team to the 2012 team is downright unfair except for the fact that it's dominated by freshman and sophomores. Sorry for the jab about the 2011 game but maybe you should worry about your own team who, despite returning a seasoned vet in Will Sheehey, is also off to a slow start.
Again I figured it would come to this and I promise this will be my last post in ur UK forum.
I gave my honest opinion, sorry won't happen again after this post.
Ur right it is unfair to compare this team to the 2012 team thanks for making my point because that is all I as saying.
As for IU they will be fine. They have lost to 2 top 10 teams one on a neutral court by 1 and they other on the road to a really good Syracuse team.
By the way u can ask other UK fans on this website, I don't hate UK.
I am a huge college ball fan and watch all of their games. I have more important things to worry about than hating UK basketball.
In fact I love the tradition they have and them being good only helps college basketball.
I have been to Rupp about 20 times and love the place.
Again I can see u called me out for posting in ur UK forum and don't like unbiased opinions.
No need to respond to this post as I won't see it.

Last edited by jake44np; 12-08-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #39
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Guys, Jake was giving his opinion, not talking smack. As has already been pointed out, Jake is a fan of college basketball. Yes, he is an IU fan, but he ins't like most and is able to have intelligent conversations about many teams including UK.

With that said, I agree with much of what Jake said. We will be fine. The SEC is coming up (and since the SEC sucks for the most part, there should be a lot of wins there) and currently, as of right now, there is no clear leader on the team. After the MSU game, I thought Randle would emerge as our leader but so far he hasn't really done that. We need him and Andrew both to step up in the leadership department.

What I don't agree with Jake about is whether or not this team can win the NC. For the same reason he doesn't think we will, is the reason I think we will. Which goes right back to leadership. Seeing Cal work over the past 4 years (sans last year), there are a lot of similar issues with this young team. I think one that will eventually get worked out is leadership and I think the 2 that will emerge are Andrew and Julius.

Rose and Evans took a while to get going while at Memphis and they had no where near the talent we have. Even our 2011 team with Knight and company took a long time before it clicked. I think this team will click sooner than them though.

I view the Baylor game as the one where we just took a step forward but now have taken 2 steps back. I think by the UNC game next week we will be back on the right track again and may even be the game this team turns the corner on.

But, like Jake, these are just my opinions.
Old 12-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #40
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomPain
Guys, Jake was giving his opinion, not talking smack. As has already been pointed out, Jake is a fan of college basketball. Yes, he is an IU fan, but he ins't like most and is able to have intelligent conversations about many teams including UK.

With that said, I agree with much of what Jake said. We will be fine. The SEC is coming up (and since the SEC sucks for the most part, there should be a lot of wins there) and currently, as of right now, there is no clear leader on the team. After the MSU game, I thought Randle would emerge as our leader but so far he hasn't really done that. We need him and Andrew both to step up in the leadership department.

What I don't agree with Jake about is whether or not this team can win the NC. For the same reason he doesn't think we will, is the reason I think we will. Which goes right back to leadership. Seeing Cal work over the past 4 years (sans last year), there are a lot of similar issues with this young team. I think one that will eventually get worked out is leadership and I think the 2 that will emerge are Andrew and Julius.

Rose and Evans took a while to get going while at Memphis and they had no where near the talent we have. Even our 2011 team with Knight and company took a long time before it clicked. I think this team will click sooner than them though.

I view the Baylor game as the one where we just took a step forward but now have taken 2 steps back. I think by the UNC game next week we will be back on the right track again and may even be the game this team turns the corner on.

But, like Jake, these are just my opinions.
Not really a part of the convo, but the bold isn't true for Memphis or Rose that year. They started 26-0 and only lost two games all year. Rose came in and was putting up 17, 18, 24 pts with a bucket full of assists every game.

I agree with the statement that Kentucky is lacking leadership at the moment. It's still super early though, and I'm sure someone will step up. The odds of this team not being around in late March is very small.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads »