Home

Kentucky Wildcats 2014-2015 Thread

This is a discussion on Kentucky Wildcats 2014-2015 Thread within the College Basketball Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2014, 01:31 PM   #1
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16
Kentucky Wildcats 2014-2015 Thread

I think we can officially get this party started...right?

Block Party that is!

Holy moly last night's game was not what I was expecting. Only 2 things I hope and expect out of this team.

1. Keep the clutter from the media, family members, friends, etc out of their head.

2. Play with the same effort they did last night every game from here on out.

If those 2 things happen, even if we lose a couple games, can make this a very special year for us.

Wasn't impressed with the 40 point blowout against Grand Canyon nor the 19 point win against Buffalo. They won both games and in the end fairly easily, but they didn't look good doing it.

I WAS impressed with last night's win even though the shots weren't falling for us. Probably the best defensive game I have ever seen in the 35+ years I have been watching UK basketball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2014, 08:53 PM   #2
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Kentucky Wildcats 2014-2015 Thread

They still have been terrible shooting the ball this year, although last night that defensive performance was awesome. Not to mention they got screwed on probably 4 or 5 clean blocks too. I think they will be fine though shooting wise, because Ulis, Aaron Harrison and Booker are all above average shooters. The shots will eventually start falling, and if they do they will be tough to beat.
Old 11-22-2014, 03:58 AM   #3
All Star

redsrule's Arena

Another game another meh performance. Devin Booker was fantastic though. His shot is too good to miss that much. That Dominique Hawkins dunk at the end was amazing as well. He's my favorite Cat on the team right now. Shame he's not going to have a role unless an injury happens.
Old 12-04-2014, 08:43 AM   #4
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

Big game against Texas tomorrow night. Interested to see how we handle their length, which to be honest, I have a feeling we will struggle. While you would think that wouldn't be the case since they are practicing against great length every day, they seemed to have a problem with Providence's length and their tall players aren't even that good.

Outside of Texas, I feel like we are a matchup nightmare for everyone else out there with the exception of Duke. They are on fire offensively right now and if there is a way to beat UK, it's with hot shooting. We'll see.
Old 12-12-2014, 02:09 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Without Poy, and after that abysmal game against Columbia. This matchup against Carolina is rather worrisome. I don't know if Willis is ready for his bigger role now. Looks like we at least have Ullis and Booker back. Gonna be a tough game regardless, this offense needs to click.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2014, 08:04 PM   #6
All Star

redsrule's Arena

This team is lots of fun. Game last night was ugly, but it never felt like UK was going to lose. Ulis is a stud, thank you Larry Brown for "stealing" Mudiay from Cal.
Old 12-28-2014, 08:21 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

Ullis is much better at running the offense then Harrison. This guy is a freshman, and he goes into Louisville against that stifling defense and still doesn't commit a turnover! Incredible.

Of course you don't mess with a good thing, I wouldn't want to upset the twins chemistry. But I'd be tempted to start ullis, what a luxury he is to have off the bench.

Plus his shooting is phenomenal, he can do it all.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:38 AM   #8
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

Can we get this board rolling? I'll talk Kentucky basketball with anyone in here. But I need to feel a pulse. Phantom, Dakkon, redsrule?

Ole Miss was a wake up call of sorts, of course they went out of their minds shooting the ball, this seems to happen a few times when we get to Sec play. Cough cough.. Downey, that boy from tamu, moody now joining the infamous list.

Although one thing separates the ole miss game from those others, this team won, there were times in that game, that I simply just shrugged, they just kept making shots. Moody was unconscious, I was almost surprised they didn't hit that shot at the buzzer, And yet, this team never gave up, and ultimately prevailed. They have such a will to win.

The Harrison twins are such a mixed bag sometimes. I've definitely toyed with the notion of starting Ullis and Booker instead of the twins. Of course that could be disastrous for team chemistry, and I would never do it, especially with an undefeated record, but I think I'm done thinking about it.

Aaron Harrison "mr big shot" (sorry Billups)seems to have a penchant for rising to the occasion, this guy just has stones in crunch time, and to a lesser degree Andrew seems to inherit that gene, because he basically sank the proverbial daggers into Louisville and ole Miss, as shaky as his jump shot can be, it can be deadly at the right time. I like the Harrison twins.

I still dislike Andrew's decision making at times, but his frame makes him a mismatch at point, and he knows how to use his size well. If he can just work on his jump shot, he'd be pretty well rounded. It's really a blessing to have ullis and Harrison, their different styles of play must cause nightmares for opposing teams.

Thoughts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball > College Basketball Official Team Threads »