Home

College Basketball Off Topic

This is a discussion on College Basketball Off Topic within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2017, 12:17 AM   #889
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: College Basketball Off Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
lol

I'm weird on the topic, like I'm not a political person but it does seem odd he hit the president with "who?" after he bailed them out. I get why he'd pull the "who?" line in any other situation, but not this one.

Damnit I wanted to type more theories but considering the sensitivities I better keep quiet...

Because Lavar likes to think he does everything himself. He has a God complex.

And I believe he's a pathological liar and he truly believes the nonsense he says. He probably truly does believe he could beat Michael Jordan in his prime .

At first I thought it was all just a marketing ploy. But it's definitely not.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2017, 12:22 AM   #890
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Because Lavar likes to think he does everything himself. He has a God complex.

And I believe he's a pathological liar and he truly believes the nonsense he says. He probably truly does believe he could beat Michael Jordan in his prime .

At first I thought it was all just a marketing ploy. But it's definitely not.

maybe he's following a template to run for 2020

Spoiler
Old 11-20-2017, 12:25 AM   #891
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3ulvl
maybe he's following a template to run for 2020

Spoiler
Lol they do both truly deserve each other. They are one in the same.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2017, 08:55 AM   #892
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36
College Basketball Off Topic

Quote:
He's just a joke to me. I dont think he has thug kids. They are all young. But I'm not gonna make excuses for them either. What Liangelo and the other two did was dumb as ****. Let's be clear.

You go to freaking China and shoplift. Yea, they are quite lucky.

It's not fair for his kids to have a constant microscope on them. But you can thank Lavar for that.

I was being sarcastic.

I just find stuff like this funny for “other reasons”. From what WE know, guy has been an amazing Father and Husband, hasn’t beat his wife or kids, broken any laws, gotten locked up since his name became known. But because he’s loud, he’s either a “thug”(we all know what that’s code for) or a “piece of garbage”.

You would’ve thought the guy stomped on the Flag or did a Nazi salute on ESPN with the way people talk about him for just being loud, lol.

Last edited by ProfessaPackMan; 11-20-2017 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:09 AM   #893
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I was being sarcastic.

I just find stuff like this funny for “other reasons”. From what WE know, guy has been an amazing Father and Husband, hasn’t beat his wife or kids, broken any laws, gotten locked up since his name became known. But because he’s loud, he’s either a “thug”(we all know what that’s code for) or a “piece of garbage”.

You would’ve thought the guy stomped on the Flag or did a Nazi salute on ESPN with the way people talk about him for just being loud, lol.
I know. I sensed the sarcasm right away. And I know what you are alluding to.

But, so because he hasn't been in and out of jail, hasn't beaten his wife or been a criminal. This guy is a role model? Come on now.

This is what I'm hearing. But forget the part where he basically got the hs coach fired, threw Lonzos teammates under the bus, and all other his other nonsense.

I guess it doesn't matter as long as he piggybacks off his kids success and keeps overhyping them.

I just for the life of me can't figure out who would want to deal with him and his nonsense .

Old 11-20-2017, 09:43 AM   #894
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

Quote:
I know. I sensed the sarcasm right away. And I know what you are alluding to.

But, so because he hasn't been in and out of jail, hasn't beaten his wife or been a criminal. This guy is a role model? Come on now.

This is what I'm hearing. But forget the part where he basically got the hs coach fired, threw Lonzos teammates under the bus, and all other his other nonsense.

I guess it doesn't matter as long as he piggybacks off his kids success and keeps overhyping them.

I just for the life of me can't figure out who would want to deal with him and his nonsense .

Who called him a role model? Hell, where in my post did I even assume that he was even that? Lol
let’s not reach for something that isn’t there.

On the flip side, y’all are basically calling him a thug and a piece of garbage for being loud with his opinion. That’s it. Because if he was quiet and behind the scenes, none of these things would be said.

Lebron’s mom was “loud” too early in his career, yet no one paid her any attention. Archie Manning was pretty much telling teams not to draft his son, Eli and that he would force a trade if they did.

“But what about him throwing his Son’s teammates under the bus?”. Oh you mean like any other parent does when their kid is the best player on the team and everyone else is playing like garbage or not up to their kid’s level?

He’s not the first loud parent to be involved in their kid’s sports life and he won’t be the last yet people act like he’s some new revelation that we’ve never dealt with. It’s just funny to me because if we REALLY sit and think about the reasons why people may not like him, they’re actually kind of trivial and silly.

Personally, it’s less about defending him and more about “Wait, you’re getting this upset and offended over...what again?”
Old 11-20-2017, 09:58 AM   #895
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Who called him a role model? Hell, where in my post did I even assume that he was even that? Lol
let’s not reach for something that isn’t there.

On the flip side, y’all are basically calling him a thug and a piece of garbage for being loud with his opinion. That’s it. Because if he was quiet and behind the scenes, none of these things would be said.

Lebron’s mom was “loud” too early in his career, yet no one paid her any attention. Archie Manning was pretty much telling teams not to draft his son, Eli and that he would force a trade if they did.

“But what about him throwing his Son’s teammates under the bus?”. Oh you mean like any other parent does when their kid is the best player on the team and everyone else is playing like garbage or not up to their kid’s level?

He’s not the first loud parent to be involved in their kid’s sports life and he won’t be the last yet people act like he’s some new revelation that we’ve never dealt with. It’s just funny to me because if we REALLY sit and think about the reasons why people may not like him, they’re actually kind of trivial and silly.

Personally, it’s less about defending him and more about “Wait, you’re getting this upset and offended over...what again?”
Many seem to think he is. I didn't say you thought he was a role model. But nobody on here said he was a "Thug" either. A thug is a criminal in my eyes. Lavar isn't a criminal. I don't equate piece of garbage to thug.

Maybe saying piece of garbage goes a little far. But when you trash your son's teammates and throw them under the bus. Then I dont think that's a stretch.

I seen to remember things a whole lot differently. As those teammates bailed Lonzo out in the NCAA tournament. They showed up when Lonzo didn't in the biggest game of his career. But if course it was someone else's fault Lonzo got torched by Fox.

I just think very little of Lavar. He's a fraud to me. And is about as likable as Colin Cowherd .

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2017, 10:16 AM   #896
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

He’s a typical loud mouth parent. That’s really all he is when you think about it. Social Media just got his name out there.

Hell, I’m sure Grayson Allen’s parents probably think their son strap up Steph Curry on the court. Or that Marvin Bagley’s family thinks he can be better than Draymond Green or Giannis, lol. Just like I’m sure they’ve probably thrown their teammates under the bus too.

I ain’t crazy about LaVar either but I’ve also learned to tune him out because he’s not saying anything but a bunch of noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »