Home

College Basketball Off Topic

This is a discussion on College Basketball Off Topic within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2020, 12:38 AM   #1089
Hall Of Fame

l3ulvl's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: College Basketball Off Topic

watching a Michigan vs MSU replay on BTN from '93, the paint cloggage is amazing, I can't believe I loved that era
Old 04-01-2020, 11:34 PM   #1090
MVP

OVR: 11

ESPN owes Kareem an apology...he was the greatest college player OF ALL TIME and it's not even close. I could name a bunch of players who were better in college than Michael Jordan (Walton, Russell, Oscar, West, Austin Carr, Laettner, Pistol Pete, etc.)....what a joke.

They changed the rules because of Kareem..nuff' said. Shoot, if they allowed freshmen to play back then, he would have won four straight. It's amazing the amount of disrespect Kareem gets....from high school to college to the pros, who had a better career? He won six titles before Jordan did.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/04/mic...r-bracket-espn

Last edited by Jeffx; 04-01-2020 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-04-2020, 04:22 PM   #1091
Just started!

OVR: 0

I would love to see Duke & Kentucky....but not sure when that will be with this virus going on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2020, 03:22 AM   #1092
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffx
It's amazing the amount of disrespect Kareem gets....from high school to college to the pros, who had a better career? He won six titles before Jordan did.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/04/mic...r-bracket-espn

6 titles like MJ including 4 extra trips to the finals, one more MVP, and he easily wins the longevity argument. His first finals MVP and last finals MVP are 15 seasons apart, the length of MJ’s entire career including those Washington years.

Jordan, to me, is still firmly in the GOAT argument with Kareem as far as the NBA goes but if you’re counting everything, HS, college, NBA, etc Kareem is far ahead of him..

He didn’t get a chance to play in college, and loosing a great year this season hurt him, but Bron is really the only guy to even be in the ballpark of an argument with Kareem for the totality of his career.. gotta see how long he can keep it going, perhaps AD extends his All-Star level of play a bit longer like Magic did with Kareem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ojandpizza; 04-07-2020 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:33 AM   #1093
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
6 titles like MJ including 4 extra trips to the finals, one more MVP, and he easily wins the longevity argument. His first finals MVP and last finals MVP are 15 seasons apart, the length of MJ’s entire career including those Washington years.

Jordan, to me, is still firmly in the GOAT argument with Kareem as far as the NBA goes but if you’re counting everything, HS, college, NBA, etc Kareem is far ahead of him..

He didn’t get a chance to play in college, and loosing a great year this season hurt him, but Bron is really the only guy to even be in the ballpark of an argument with Kareem for the totality of his career.. gotta see how long he can keep it going, perhaps AD extends his All-Star level of play a bit longer like Magic did with Kareem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Except that this "tourney" was strictly based on a player's college resume. I get it; most people know players from their NBA career and not their college career. Jordan was very good in college, but Kareem was on another level from anyone else. I don't even know if Jordan would be considered a top 5 college player...
Old 04-07-2020, 09:05 AM   #1094
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Except that this "tourney" was strictly based on a player's college resume. I get it; most people know players from their NBA career and not their college career. Jordan was very good in college, but Kareem was on another level from anyone else. I don't even know if Jordan would be considered a top 5 college player...
Top 5? Nope. He'd probably be in the 15 range. Wouldn't you say Laettner & Ewing had better college careers?
Old 04-07-2020, 11:04 AM   #1095
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Oh I know, and already posted how ridiculous it was that he won in the NBA forum. My post was more so just a general response to the rest of his post. Just a continuation of this part of his post.
Quote:
It's amazing the amount of disrespect Kareem gets....from high school to college to the pros, who had a better career? He won six titles before Jordan did.
- I shortened his quoted portion in my post to reflect that.

Forget top 5, I'm not sure he would even rank top 10.

Kareem, Walton, Maravich, Oscar, West, Wilt, Russell, Hayes...

That's 8 guys without even mentioning guys like Bird, Magic, Ralph Sampson, Jerry Lucas, Laettner, Carr, David Thompson, Shaq, even guys like Hansbrough, Simmons, Manning, Duncan, Ewing, Robinson probably have an argument against him at least.

There are probably various other names I've not mentioned even, I'm sure some WAY back guys and some who achieved as much but I'm just labeling Jordan as more "talented" than them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2020, 11:08 AM   #1096
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Top 5? Nope. He'd probably be in the 15 range. Wouldn't you say Laettner & Ewing had better college careers?
Agreed; I was being generous...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »