Home

Any chance EA or 2K make a new College Basketball game in the next 2-3 year?

This is a discussion on Any chance EA or 2K make a new College Basketball game in the next 2-3 year? within the College Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2022, 10:28 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Any chance EA or 2K make a new College Basketball game in the next 2-3 year?

I can see a College Hoops coming back as opposed to EA. Until NBA Live comes back(if), I don't see CBB as a viable option. Like Madden did with Longshot and FoTF, NBA2K has shown an interest in including NCAA teams in MyCareer. Like how College Football would be for EA, it's easier when you already have a foundation off of a pro counterpart. When you're building off a foundation, your main focus is the College aspect of the game.

The only thing is that 2k dropped out of the College market(College Football as well) because of sales. Maybe it's a more profitable market now than the 00s. But that was also the time 2K Sports was dropping any franchise that wasn't selling well and they put their focus on NBA 2k. I can see them wanting to continue to expand into other sports as they are with NFL. As of now, 2k Sports is primarily NBA 2k, PGA, and WWE. And despite the early positivity around WWE 2k22, I don't know how long that'll last and how each side(WWE and 2k) will want it to continue. Maybe Baseball is an uphill battle to try to compete with The Show, and Hockey doesn't seem as profitable to them. But maybe College Basketball can be a good option. College Football is more profitable/marketable imo, but the March Madness is a big deal nationally. Also can probably get back into Tennis. It's hard to jump into a major sports market now even if it was available because of the uphill battle of current flagships. So jumping into a uninhabited sports market could be a good option for either EA or 2k.

I just miss the old days(PS1-PS2 era) where you had plenty of different AAA sports developers making games. Now with the rise of development, resources needed, licensing, etc., it's just primarily EA Sports, 2k, and Sony San Diego.

Last edited by illwill10; 03-23-2022 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-24-2022, 10:27 AM   #10
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Any chance EA or 2K make a new College Basketball game in the next 2-3 year?

I think Brian Mazique had said on one of his videos many many months ago that College Hoops 2K is definitely coming back in the next couple years but that's the only time I remember it being mentioned in anything remotely close to an official capacity.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 03-24-2022, 11:51 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
I think Brian Mazique had said on one of his videos many many months ago that College Hoops 2K is definitely coming back in the next couple years but that's the only time I remember it being mentioned in anything remotely close to an official capacity.
I have no idea who that is, but I hope he is right.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2022, 11:34 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I have no idea who that is, but I hope he is right.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I had to Google it too, apparently has good tire to 2k and tracks that kind of stuff.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro Max
Old 05-20-2022, 11:10 AM   #13
Banned

Apparently EA has a new unannounced game coming in 2023… could it be college basketball?
Old 05-25-2022, 05:12 PM   #14
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

I always thought college basketball made for the best video games.....and I am not really a CBB fan 49 weeks out of the year. So I would definitely buy. But I always got the impression that the games didn't sell that well......which I never really understood.
Old 05-25-2022, 08:18 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I always thought college basketball made for the best video games.....and I am not really a CBB fan 49 weeks out of the year. So I would definitely buy. But I always got the impression that the games didn't sell that well......which I never really understood.
They never sold well. That's why 2k dropped Hoops and EA was quick to drop it after the lawsuit. I'm not a CBB fan, but I did enjoy the games. I still think NCAA March Madness 10 had one of the better broadcast presentations in sports gaming. I guess because CBB isn't as hyped up until March Madness, the hardcore fans are more likely to buy than casuals. Regular season games aren't as hyped as CFB. The Zion year was one of recent years where the regular games were being hyped up

It seems more likely 2k than EA. I don't see EA getting back into CBB without NBA Live. Since CBB isn't likely to "sell well", it makes sense if you're building off of a flagship title. 2k has been using college teams past several years and is "seemingly" looking to expand their sports game catalog, so it would make sense to go to college basketball that they can build off the NBA2K foundation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2022, 01:13 PM   #16
Just started!

of course, need to try it, I think it will be a successful game

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > College Basketball »