Home

Return of the Noles: The 2008 Florida State Seminoles

This is a discussion on Return of the Noles: The 2008 Florida State Seminoles within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2007, 02:19 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 62
Return of the Noles: The 2008 Florida State Seminoles

There are a bunch of Noles here so the topic doesn't seem too homerish.

Bobby Bowden announced the starters, well the starters not including the QB position which is still wide open.

The lineup is presently as follows:
QB: Drew Weatherford or Xavier Lee
RB: Antone Smith
FB: Seddrick Holloway
WR: De'Cody Fagg
WR: Richard Goodman
TE: Charlie Graham
LT: Daron Rose
LG: Jacky Claude
C: Ryan McMahon
RG: David Overmeyer
RT: Shannon Boatman/Caz Piurowski

DE: Neefy Moffett
DE: Alex Boston
DT: Letroy Guion
NG: Andre Fluellen
OLB: Marcus Ball
MLB: Derek Nicholson
OLB: Geno Hayes
CB: Tony Carter
CB: Jamie Robinson
FS: Roger Williams
SS: Myron Rolle

K: Gary Cismesia
P: Graham Gano

A couple shockers to me here, namely Richard Goodman. His dropped TD in the Clemson game may have very well changed the course of the season, however he has thrived in practice but he's always had the rep of a Practice All American, including making Antonio Cromartie look bad as a true freshman. Maybe he will thrive under the coaching of Jimbo Fisher and Lawrence Dawsey, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Greg Carr starting come Labor Day.

I am surprised to see Neefy Moffett get the nod over Everette Brown, but I am sure they'll share a lot of playing time. I am also mildly surprised to see Letroy Guion start over Kendrick Stewart, I am starting to believe we can label Stewart a possible bust.

I maintain that short of USC, this team is as talented as anyone in America, it is just a matter of the coaching getting the talent to play to its potential. That clearly wasn't the case in 2006, however one needs to remember that 7-6 record could have easily been 10-2 or even 11-1 if a few breaks go FSU's way or with better offensive coaching, which is clearly the case now.

On top of this FSU has commitments from possibly the three best linebackers in Florida and some insane defensive talent. Hopefully the offense will come soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Return of the Noles: The 2007 Florida State Seminoles

Don't worry about being homerish. I like having offical team threads, and I'm a very big homer in my Alabama thread. I think we should be able to have threads where fans can be homers without having to worry about getting flamed by rivals.

Good luck next season, and I look foward to when our teams meet.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:39 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 21

Greg Carr has been moping around practice and Everette Brown missed some time due to injury.

There aren't many shockers there IMO. I think had he not gotten hurt, Preston Parker would have pushed for one of those starting spots.

And Kendrick Stewart has just been surrounded by some pretty talented interior lineman. I still expect him to contribute this year though.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:53 PM   #4
Banned

I wonder if Carr doesn't fit with Fisher's offense. Did LSU have any receivers in Carr's mold? IIRC, Richard Goodman actually fits the LSU mold pretty well. He had good offers coming out of HS despite being a 3* prospect, we had to beat out Auburn and Oklahoma for his services.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:44 PM   #5
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
I wonder if Carr doesn't fit with Fisher's offense. Did LSU have any receivers in Carr's mold? IIRC, Richard Goodman actually fits the LSU mold pretty well. He had good offers coming out of HS despite being a 3* prospect, we had to beat out Auburn and Oklahoma for his services.
I dont seem to recall any receivers that fit that mold at LSU. But I dont think that is the problem. Greg Carr is just lazy. He has improved his blocking and his route running somewhat, but he still pouts when he doesnt get the ball thrown his way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2007, 07:49 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaxican8504
I dont seem to recall any receivers that fit that mold at LSU. But I dont think that is the problem. Greg Carr is just lazy. He has improved his blocking and his route running somewhat, but he still pouts when he doesnt get the ball thrown his way.
That is so disheartening. If he put on some more size he could be a beast in college.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:59 PM   #7
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
That is so disheartening. If he put on some more size he could be a beast in college.
With his lean and lanky stature now he is still a red zone nightmare for college coaches. If he were stronger, he would be real scary. And I'm a Gator fan!

The lack of a good work ethic and good attitude can really hamper someone with talent and natural ability.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:00 PM   #8
Banned

The 1994 Orange Bowl will be on ESPN Classic today (5/18) at 2pm.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »