Home

2009-10 Texas Longhorns Thread

This is a discussion on 2009-10 Texas Longhorns Thread within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2009, 06:31 PM   #33
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2009-10 Texas Longhorns Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
While Texas getting annihilated by The Tebows would be entertaining, I"m not sure if it would have been glorious.
A game with Tebow involved and you dare say it wouldnt be glorious... How could you? say 25 hail-tebows now or else...
Old 04-02-2009, 09:38 PM   #34
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm kinda looking forward to the Baylor game as well. After Art Briles voted Texas 5th in the coaches poll where 0U jumped Texas. I really think Mack Brown is gonna pull a Stoopsie and leave starters in, running the spread into the 4th quarter.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #35
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
the record books will remember Colt. everyone will remember that bradford choked against Texas...
Ignorant statement, even for a Longhorn fan. Bradford threw for 400 yards and 5 touchdowns against Texas. That's choking? LMAO.

Choking is what Texas did when they played Texas Tech, a team OU beat by 50.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 11:13 PM   #36
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
Ignorant statement, even for a Longhorn fan. Bradford threw for 400 yards and 5 touchdowns against Texas. That's choking? LMAO.

Choking is what Texas did when they played Texas Tech, a team OU beat by 50.
Obviously Bradford didn't choke. But neither did Texas against Tech in Lubbock, that is just as ridiculous. Texas was getting slapped around bad the first half, then made an amazing 2nd half comeback to take the lead in the final couple of minutes. Tech made one of the most amazing plays all season, and probably in their football history to beat Texas with one second left. Tech had to make an all-time great play to win that game, and to their credit..they did.

Great, you beat Tech in Norman by whatever. You know by now that the Red Raiders are two complete different teams...Tarzan at home, Jane on the road. They have beat you guys what, 2 straight in Lubbock?

Anyway last year has been scrutinized enough. Let's keep it on the upcoming season...or at least try to.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:08 AM   #37
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laettner32
Obviously Bradford didn't choke. But neither did Texas against Tech in Lubbock, that is just as ridiculous.
I agree with half of that.

Texas let Texas Tech drive the length of the field in the final minute, dropped an easy interception that would have ended the game, and capped it off by letting the only player on Tech that could beat them, beat them. Seriously, how do you let Crabtree get by your secondary on the last play of the game?

It's funny that Texas fans call Bradford a choke artist when he threw for 400 yards and 5 TD's against them yet they ignore what happened to their team in Lubbock.

When Texas beats OU then Texas is better than OU. When Texas Tech beats Texas, it's because they got lucky, were playing at home, etc. Then Horn fans disregard the Tech game like it never happened.

Texas had a good team last year and will have a good team this year. I give props to McCoy,Cosby, Shipley, and Orakpo for last year's victory over OU. They played awesome on that particular day.

Unlike Texas fans, I give credit where credit is due.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Old 04-03-2009, 08:23 AM   #38
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
I agree with half of that.

Texas let Texas Tech drive the length of the field in the final minute, dropped an easy interception that would have ended the game, and capped it off by letting the only player on Tech that could beat them, beat them. Seriously, how do you let Crabtree get by your secondary on the last play of the game?

It's funny that Texas fans call Bradford a choke artist when he threw for 400 yards and 5 TD's against them yet they ignore what happened to their team in Lubbock.

When Texas beats OU then Texas is better than OU. When Texas Tech beats Texas, it's because they got lucky, were playing at home, etc. Then Horn fans disregard the Tech game like it never happened.

Texas had a good team last year and will have a good team this year. I give props to McCoy,Cosby, Shipley, and Orakpo for last year's victory over OU. They played awesome on that particular day.

Unlike Texas fans, I give credit where credit is due.
Dude? Did you go to the BKRich School of Misquotes?

Where did I not give Tech any credit for their win? In fact I said.."They had to make an all time great play to win...and to their credit, they did."

And before you pat yourself on the back to much for "giving credit" to other teams. Several of the Viethoma fans on this board immediately played the "our starting LB got hurt, and after he left it all went wrong" card..."if he stayed in the game we win by 20.."

And if that wasn't it, it was "Texas barely beat us, it was alot closer than 10 points..." If the game was 5 quarters 0U would have lost by 20-25. I think you have forgotten how bad 0U played in the 4th, Texas PWNED 0U in the 4th. The 0U defensive line was getting blown back every run play. They didn't wanna play anymore and it showed.

Back to the future. This years game is gonna be epic! Hell I already used a vacation day for that game to make sure I'm off. Essentially, both teams bring back alot. But Texas brings back more, SB is gonna have to get used to a rebuilt line...when he is in a hurry he is not nearly as accurate. I think he lost like 3 of his best 4 receivers. And despite winning last year, Texas goes into that game with something to prove.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:31 AM   #39
MVP

kt-od's Arena

OVR: 24

I'm a huge Texas fan. I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from the loss in Lubbock. But I'm not going to make any prediction for this next year. College football is so sporadic. I mean who would have thunk that USC would have lost to Oregon State, or Florida to Ole Miss.

In college football you never know what's going to happen. I think OU and Texas will both have awesome teams this year. Unlike a lot of past years, and like last year, their game will be a shootout.

Anyway, I can't wait until October. For me it's one of the most exciting months of the year. Texas-OU game and the World Series.

But I sort of agree with Laettner, I think Baylor will be a sleeper this year. Griffin is a beast. Texas and OU better not lay down against them, or they will likely find the win.
Old 04-03-2009, 12:11 PM   #40
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laettner32
Dude? Did you go to the BKRich School of Misquotes?

Where did I not give Tech any credit for their win? In fact I said.."They had to make an all time great play to win...and to their credit, they did."

And before you pat yourself on the back to much for "giving credit" to other teams. Several of the Viethoma fans on this board immediately played the "our starting LB got hurt, and after he left it all went wrong" card..."if he stayed in the game we win by 20.."

And if that wasn't it, it was "Texas barely beat us, it was alot closer than 10 points..." If the game was 5 quarters 0U would have lost by 20-25. I think you have forgotten how bad 0U played in the 4th, Texas PWNED 0U in the 4th. The 0U defensive line was getting blown back every run play. They didn't wanna play anymore and it showed.

Back to the future. This years game is gonna be epic! Hell I already used a vacation day for that game to make sure I'm off. Essentially, both teams bring back alot. But Texas brings back more, SB is gonna have to get used to a rebuilt line...when he is in a hurry he is not nearly as accurate. I think he lost like 3 of his best 4 receivers. And despite winning last year, Texas goes into that game with something to prove.
While I hate to jump into the middle of an OU/UT spat, I have to say that as a neutral observer in that game last year when Ryan Reynolds went out the game changed immensely. Once he left Colt picked apart the middle of the field. I'm not saying that is why Texas won, but at the same time you can't say it didn't have any affect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »