Home

Husker Nation '09

This is a discussion on Husker Nation '09 within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2009, 02:16 AM   #1
All Star

OVR: 27
Husker Nation '09

How are we gonna be this year, boys?

Is Zac Lee the guy?

Can't wait to see Helu and Suh this year.

On paper, it looks like Bo's defense will be better this year.

Who's going to the spring game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-31-2009, 01:41 AM   #2
MVP

SportsAce's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Husker Nation '09

Hell yeah I'm going to the spring game....should be a packed house this year.
The boys are the squarest,
Of any old school that I knew.
There is no place like Nebraska,
Where they're all true blue.
We'll all stick together,
In all kinds of weather,
For Dear old Nebraska U!

Won't change this signature until Nebraska wins the National Championship...posted 8/16/05
Old 03-31-2009, 11:56 AM   #3
All Star

Old 03-31-2009, 12:41 PM   #4
MVP

SportsAce's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbsinator
Guy looks like he's got a monster arm. Can't wait to watch him play.
The boys are the squarest,
Of any old school that I knew.
There is no place like Nebraska,
Where they're all true blue.
We'll all stick together,
In all kinds of weather,
For Dear old Nebraska U!

Won't change this signature until Nebraska wins the National Championship...posted 8/16/05
Old 04-01-2009, 02:27 AM   #5
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

The Big 12 needs Nebraska to have a good team...so does college football for that matter

how is their D going to look this upcoming season? Will they be able to bust out those black shirts again?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2009, 02:40 AM   #6
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
The Big 12 needs Nebraska to have a good team...so does college football for that matter

how is their D going to look this upcoming season? Will they be able to bust out those black shirts again?
All reports so far seem to indicate that they will better. Nebraska really didn't lose too much on the defensive side of the ball. Having Suh come back is huge...he should be a force in the middle this year. If he can improve from last year he probably has a shot at top 10 in the draft. Linebacking corps was sort of lacking last year, but everyone is returning so they will all be a year better. Secondary should also be better, didn't lose a whole lot. Overall, the outlook for the defense is pretty optimistic...they really did pull it together towards the end of the season last yer.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

Defensively better, but part of the improvement this year will be due to the fact that all the Big 12 offenses will be coming back down to earth.

Offensively, I think we're going to be pretty bad for the first few games. New qb, new receivers, and a line that isn't dominating when rushing spells lots of 3 and outs till things get better.

I'd say we're probably a 7-5, 8-4 type team this year. If Ganz had returned, I would have said 9-3 or 10-2, but VT and Oklahoma are sure losses, and then we'll probably lose a couple more (likely Kansas for sure, and then missouri, colorado, texas tech, baylor, or k-state)

Taylor34
Old 04-01-2009, 03:48 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 12

It will be a fun season to watch for Husker Nation this year.

QB transitions are always difficult, this will probably be no exception. I imagine Lee will be the opening day starter while Green gets coached up. I do see Green being the guy in the future though. When he comes in will depend on how Lee plays. Could be halfway through the season, could be next year.

The running attack looks good with the exception of Burkes' health issues at tackle. Roy Helu ran his fastest sprint at NU last week and has put on 20 LB this offseason.

The D will be improved. The DL looks to be the strength with surefire top 10 pick Suh coming back. The linebackers will be young but more talented than last year. Same goes for the DB's, although there are questions at safety where guys are being moved around a bit.

Overall - offense takes a step back especially early while they try to find their stride. The defense will be improved out of the gate. Similar season to last year but there is a lot that could change based on the QB play.

The schedule has some very tough games. VT and OU - we know what to expect there. BCS quality teams. Missouri will take a huge step back this year, as will Texas Tech. Tough for those type of offenses to lose quarterbacks and recievers like they did. Kansas, Colorado, and Baylor should all be improved though, so it's hard to predict a record. All in all, I think the schedule is about a wash from last year. Still tough. Still going to have to work hard to match 9 wins from last year. But I do think they have a better chance at the North outright this year than last.

I'd rather drink beer because drinking alot of beers makes you more manly.

Last edited by Dallasin2K3; 04-01-2009 at 04:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »