Home

Butch's Brood - UNC Tar Heel Thread

This is a discussion on Butch's Brood - UNC Tar Heel Thread within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2009, 02:02 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Butch's Brood - UNC Tar Heel Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidCrash
As far as I've heard Thornton elected to leave the team instead of coming back for a 5th year. He was a RS-Junior last year so he graduated and move on I think.
I knew he got his diploma. But I had no idea he was leaving. All I had heard was that he was expected to be in the rotation @ WR. First I knew he was going. He was the one experienced fulltime wideout they had.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 08-15-2009, 04:26 AM   #34
All Star

LiquidCrash's Arena

OVR: 31

I'd heard about Kenton a few months ago actually, it didn't really make much news since he was never a big producer. I heard it was pretty expected that he would graduate and move on.

We're just going to have to make due at WR with what's there. I think there's potential in Greg Little, Dwight Jones, Josh Adams, Jhay Boyd, and the rest, but obviously that's a huge concern. Now that the OL has lost Bryant and Gaskins just this week I'm more worried about the offense than I would like to be. Inexperienced WR and a thin OL could spell trouble, but I hope the young guys are ready to step up.

I'm still optimistic about this season, but there's a lot of questions going in for a team ranked in the top 20. The defense has to step up. I hope last year was the growing year and this season will be the time for the talent and athleticism to show up and be a top group on D because I fear the offense will take some time.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Quote:
I'd heard about Kenton a few months ago actually, it didn't really make much news since he was never a big producer. I heard it was pretty expected that he would graduate and move on.

We're just going to have to make due at WR with what's there. I think there's potential in Greg Little, Dwight Jones, Josh Adams, Jhay Boyd, and the rest, but obviously that's a huge concern. Now that the OL has lost Bryant and Gaskins just this week I'm more worried about the offense than I would like to be. Inexperienced WR and a thin OL could spell trouble, but I hope the young guys are ready to step up.

I'm still optimistic about this season, but there's a lot of questions going in for a team ranked in the top 20. The defense has to step up. I hope last year was the growing year and this season will be the time for the talent and athleticism to show up and be a top group on D because I fear the offense will take some time.
I'd heard the D was looking good in practice. But I have the feeling its only because the O is anemic.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2009, 02:00 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
I'd heard the D was looking good in practice. But I have the feeling its only because the O is anemic.
i know Greg little and shaun draughn will come up big this season pending there bodys hold up im just worried will jones+adams devlop quickly if they do i believe we'll have a good season

the o line line is just geting worse besides jolly and like 2 others i hope we have a gem we havnt told any one about haha or butch needs to recruit o line heavey this season.

i'm waiting for next season cant wait to see donte moss and marvin austin rip it up on the field no one may be able to run on us haha'

did you guys hear about anthony elzy ?
Old 08-16-2009, 02:12 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameOver
i know Greg little and shaun draughn will come up big this season pending there bodys hold up im just worried will jones+adams devlop quickly if they do i believe we'll have a good season

the o line line is just geting worse besides jolly and like 2 others i hope we have a gem we havnt told any one about haha or butch needs to recruit o line heavey this season.

i'm waiting for next season cant wait to see donte moss and marvin austin rip it up on the field no one may be able to run on us haha'

did you guys hear about anthony elzy ?
If you mean the weed, yeah,I heard.

Draughn....I'm just hoping he learned how to hold on to the ball.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 08-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
If you mean the weed, yeah,I heard.

Draughn....I'm just hoping he learned how to hold on to the ball.
i hope he can im more worried about his knee i know he's going to be geting the ball alot this season

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/spo...ry/893772.html unc picks up a new o linemen recruit

the o linemen has no rank on rivals http://northcarolina.rivals.com/view...1&pr_key=94685

http://northcarolina.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=977708
matt Merletti has been lost for the season with a torn acl
Old 08-20-2009, 03:29 AM   #39
All Star

LiquidCrash's Arena

OVR: 31

Disappointing to lose Merletti for the year, though he probably was only going to be a special teams player again this season but would have provided nice depth.

I'm pretty much tired of these injuries/personnel losses in fall camp. Let me know when the season starts at this point. Hopefully they hang 50 on the Citadel and isn't nearly as interesting as James Madison was last season.
Old 08-20-2009, 03:52 AM   #40
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Quote:
Disappointing to lose Merletti for the year, though he probably was only going to be a special teams player again this season but would have provided nice depth.

I'm pretty much tired of these injuries/personnel losses in fall camp. Let me know when the season starts at this point. Hopefully they hang 50 on the Citadel and isn't nearly as interesting as James Madison was last season.
How many players have been lost since spring practice? Massenburg, Merletti, ****s, Stahl, Bryant, Gaskins, Thorton, Farms, Tate, Dixon, Hadley......I miss any?
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »