Home

Gnaw 'Em Gophs - 2009 Minnesota Golden Gophers

This is a discussion on Gnaw 'Em Gophs - 2009 Minnesota Golden Gophers within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Gnaw 'Em Gophs - 2009 Minnesota Golden Gophers

Alright, first off, I'm a FSU fan, have been my entire life, and I'm currently in my senior year there... BUT I have been following the Gophers religiously for almost 8 years now thanks to both of my cousins (basically big brothers) attending the University of Minnesota.

This season probably has me the most excited since Brewster brought in that top 20 recruiting class. Especially after seeing our Spring Game's results and the opening of TCF Bank Stadium. The last 3 times I was in the cities I took at least 10 visits to the stadium to see it's progress and cannot wait to attend the Halloween game against MSU. My cousin has a group of 8 season tickets, rows 3-4 section 117, awesome.

I cannot wait to see the return of Adam Weber, Erick Decker, Traye Simmons, Troy Staudermire, Keanon Cooper, and a ridiculous amount of the freshman speed that was on the team last year.

We also see the delayed birth of a college career in MarQueis Gray, who absolutely lit up the Spring Game and looks to be a force in the Big Ten whenever he ends up taking snaps (which could be this year). Also, we see heralded LB recruit Sam Maresh make a triumphant return from open heart surgery.

You can't help but be excited for where this program is going with the kind of talent Brewster is bringing in, hopefully with age we will see more poise and an ability to close out games this season. I know I'm pumped.

I really hope I'm not the only Gopher on the OS boards, let's get some love in here people.

Last edited by Moojenowski; 05-20-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 04:49 PM   #2
Pro

2010 Recruits

I'll try to keep this updated as much as possible throughout the season.

Lamonte Edwards: ATH - Woodbury, MN - 4 Star (Rivals) - 26th overall ATH

Jimmy Gjere: OL - New Brighton, MN - 4 Star (Rivals) - 49th overall player, 7th overall OL

Antoine Lewis
: CB - Maywood, IL - 3 Star (Rivals)

Tom Parish:
QB - Hartland, WI - 3 Star (Rivals) - 13th ranked dual threat QB

Allen Veazie: CB - Houston, TX - Not Ranked (Rivals)

So far, so good. It's good to see Brewster making a concerted effort to put a fence up around Minnesota, something that Glen Mason never really put much effort into.
-Lamonte looks to be a strong athlete that looks to play in deep stable of running backs at the U, who knows maybe we'll see a new Barber-Maroney combination arrise.
-Gjere is your typical Big Ten lineman, big and strong. He is the high school teammate of my younger cousin, I'll have to ask him for a scouting report.
-Parish is a dual threat QB, something that we've seen in almost every QB recruit under Brewster so far.
-I don't know much about Lewis, but he looked good in the tape I saw on Rivals, hopefully he finds a place on either side of the ball to make some plays.
-Veazie is an unranked recruit out of Texas that looks to bring some good speed to the defensive side of the ball (4.4 speed listed), he claims he's a hard hitter than can play anyone one-on-one or play the zone. He seems very confident, and it's always good to get a recruit out of a strong football state like Texas.

Last edited by Moojenowski; 06-16-2009 at 01:31 AM.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:16 AM   #3
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Gnaw 'Em Gophs - 2009 Minnesota Golden Gophers

I'll throw my hat in the ring this year to support the Gophs'. We got a series coming up with y'all, and you gave us Marion Barber! Go Get 'em Gophers!
Old 06-16-2009, 01:32 AM   #4
Pro

New verbal recruit added, Allen Veazie (CB, Houston-TX).

Old 08-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The new stadium is freaking goreous.

Huge picture article from the lockerroom to the suites and stands.
http://www.gopherhole.com/modules.ph...ticle&sid=1013

A few pics:

Stadium

Suite

Outdoor View
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2009, 09:46 PM   #6
Timo time

NoDakHusker's Arena

OVR: 47

wow! that stadium is so nice. so much better than the ugliness that was the HHH dome.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:46 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 55

I've got season tickets for 5th straight year! Yes the stadium is gorgeous. Definitely a treat to experience a game there.

Week 3 was tough to swallow. Going into the 4th quarter tied 21-21 and never tasting the lead really stung.

Decker is very underappreciated by the national audience, my gosh. The guy is just such an impact player out there.

I'm proud of the D. For years I couldn't take their slow, soft D game after game. Brewster has finally put some impact athletes on that side of the ball. They aren't dominant by any means but at least they can play a real football game out there. Back in the day it got ridiculous against better opponents.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »