Home

2009 Oklahoma Sooners

This is a discussion on 2009 Oklahoma Sooners within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-21-2009, 10:10 PM   #49
MVP

jth1331's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: 2009 Oklahoma Sooners

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomerSooner11
I honestly don't care if it's risky or not, lol...it would benefit him to come back, and I'm anxious to see how this freshman QB Blake Bell does in the spring if he decides to graduate early. Landry Jones is not the answer for the next three years.
Yeah, it would benefit him because before the season, he was looking at being a possible day 1 pick. Now? I'm thinking 4th round. He should come back, but we'll see as he has durability concerns as well already.

I definitely agree with Landry Jones though, he is not the answer unless he has a miraculous turnaround in the offseason.
Old 11-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #50
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331
I definitely agree with Landry Jones though, he is not the answer unless he has a miraculous turnaround in the offseason.
Which in this day and age is not going to happen, Drew Allen has been kicked out of practice a few times, Landry is not going to improve..this Bell needs to be OU's savior.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:42 PM   #51
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28

How does 0U look for next year? Supposedly listening to ESPN radio...you are losing alot.

Landry looked good early on, but seemed to regress as he played more...teams got him on tape and could devise defensive adjustments against him.

Who is coming back? What freshman/sophs are gonna step in and show something.

I am being serious. I just think if not much is coming back, Stoops may in fact leave for South Bend if asked again. Coaches, all of the "big names" have serious attitudes and if they don't feel appreciated, they will leave for what they feel are "greener pastures".

I don't want Stoops to leave. The Texas/OU game hasn't been better in my lifetime. Switzer v. Akers was good, but after that....Blake? Mackovich? Gibbs? McWilliams?...Ugh.

Texas and Oklahoma are the flagships of the Big 12. Sorry, but it is true. We need Stoops. And if not, we need Brown (but we'll be happy with Coach Boom thank you very much.) And Tech will never find a better one than the one they got now....KEEP HIM!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2009, 11:29 PM   #52
MVP

BoomerSooner11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laettner32
How does 0U look for next year? Supposedly listening to ESPN radio...you are losing alot.

Landry looked good early on, but seemed to regress as he played more...teams got him on tape and could devise defensive adjustments against him.

Who is coming back? What freshman/sophs are gonna step in and show something.

I am being serious. I just think if not much is coming back, Stoops may in fact leave for South Bend if asked again. Coaches, all of the "big names" have serious attitudes and if they don't feel appreciated, they will leave for what they feel are "greener pastures".

I don't want Stoops to leave. The Texas/OU game hasn't been better in my lifetime. Switzer v. Akers was good, but after that....Blake? Mackovich? Gibbs? McWilliams?...Ugh.

Texas and Oklahoma are the flagships of the Big 12. Sorry, but it is true. We need Stoops. And if not, we need Brown (but we'll be happy with Coach Boom thank you very much.) And Tech will never find a better one than the one they got now....KEEP HIM!!
Stoops will be here for a while man. We lose pretty much everyone who is injured this year, lol

Key Losses will obviously be:

Bradford
Gresham
Chris Brown
McCoy
Trent Williams
Brody Eldridge
Auston English
Ryan Reynolds
Brian Jackson
Dominique Franks
Keenan Clayton

All I can think of right now..personally Landry better have an epiphany and improve drastically..cause he is not the answer. This recruit Blake Bell from Kansas, I hope he can bring something to the table but I read in the paper a while back that he's not able to graduate early.

It's going to be a rough couple of years or so, OU recruits some solid players..just once they get into Norman they don't improve or drop out, lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »