Home

FSU Football 2010

This is a discussion on FSU Football 2010 within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-01-2009, 05:18 PM   #9
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: FSU Football 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwelveozPlaya21

can't wait for this guy to teach our defensive players how to play some football baby..

Stay away from Kirby

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 12-01-2009, 08:10 PM   #10
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Sal Sunseri is more likely than Kirby Smart.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:29 AM   #11
Banned

TwelveozPlaya21's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husker_OS
Stay away from Kirby
Since it's either Kirby or Sunseri. How is Sal Sunseri? I mean I've seen his LB's at bama and all are very good, but how do players like him, can he recruit, ect. Dont know much other then the things u read here and there on warchant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 10:13 AM   #12
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Tomahawk Nation
Signs point to Alabama's Kirby Smart. Why Smart?

1. More money at FSU (5 or 600K)
2. Connections to Tallahassee and his family is nearby (Smart's parents live in South Georgia, just a stone's throw from Tallahassee).
3. Smart coached at Florida State as a grad assistant and loved it, reportedly.
4. Chance to mold the defense in his own image-- total autonomy and schematic freedom. And with that autonomy, the chance to get credit for doing so.
5. Get credit for turning around one of the bottom 30 defenses in the country. No matter what, Bama's defense will always be Saban's.
6. Not having to work for Nick Saban (Guys typically want to work for Saban only long enough to learn all he has to teach, then they get out. He's terrible to work for and often treats his guys like crap. Also, families of Saban's coaches typically don't enjoy it.) As a head coach, Fisher could be slightly less insane than Saban and still be effective.
7. Quicker path to a head coaching job. Saban has not done a good job of promoting his assistants for head coaching positions. In fact, no coach has gone directly from a coordinator spot under Saban to a head coaching job. Smart would have to know that if he turns FSU's defense around (likely, given the current cluster that is the defensive staff and the surprisingly high level of talent), he'd be one of the hottest commodities in the country, especially given that he learned from two organizational masters.
8. Other ties I won't delve into.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #13
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Signs point to Alabama's Kirby Smart. Why Smart?

1. More money at FSU (5 or 600K)
2. Connections to Tallahassee and his family is nearby (Smart's parents live in South Georgia, just a stone's throw from Tallahassee).
3. Smart coached at Florida State as a grad assistant and loved it, reportedly.
4. Chance to mold the defense in his own image-- total autonomy and schematic freedom. And with that autonomy, the chance to get credit for doing so.
5. Get credit for turning around one of the bottom 30 defenses in the country. No matter what, Bama's defense will always be Saban's.
6. Not having to work for Nick Saban (Guys typically want to work for Saban only long enough to learn all he has to teach, then they get out. He's terrible to work for and often treats his guys like crap. Also, families of Saban's coaches typically don't enjoy it.) As a head coach, Fisher could be slightly less insane than Saban and still be effective.
7. Quicker path to a head coaching job. Saban has not done a good job of promoting his assistants for head coaching positions. In fact, no coach has gone directly from a coordinator spot under Saban to a head coaching job. Smart would have to know that if he turns FSU's defense around (likely, given the current cluster that is the defensive staff and the surprisingly high level of talent), he'd be one of the hottest commodities in the country, especially given that he learned from two organizational masters.
8. Other ties I won't delve into.

LOL. That's just laughingly pathetic.

You do realize Smart has worked under Saban at 3 different places right?

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 12-02-2009, 06:43 PM   #14
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Kirby's parents living in South Georgia is hardly a connection to Tallahassee. That's like saying because I live in Savannah, I have connections to Hilton Head. IRT #6, I agree with Husker that it's pathetic. If it were true you would think Kirby would have left a long time ago. As for point 8, if it's a point that you won't/can't delve into, it's not a point at all.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 12-02-2009, 07:13 PM   #15
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Nice article:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/colle...owdens/1055416
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #16
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Kirby's parents living in South Georgia is hardly a connection to Tallahassee. That's like saying because I live in Savannah, I have connections to Hilton Head. IRT #6, I agree with Husker that it's pathetic. If it were true you would think Kirby would have left a long time ago. As for point 8, if it's a point that you won't/can't delve into, it's not a point at all.
Those quotes were by someone else t rob...not me bro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »