Home

FSU Football 2010

This is a discussion on FSU Football 2010 within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2009, 08:21 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 62
Re: FSU Football 2010

Wow big time hire there. This staff is amazing.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:59 PM   #50
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

so as it stands we may now have cbs that can cover and read routes . the safety will actually play deep and not bite on a playaction when that team couldn't run all game. Lb's will be nastier. now on offense if we could stay consistent this will be a good team
Old 12-22-2009, 01:52 PM   #51
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

We're gonna be damn good next year. With the hires on the D side of the ball, we'll be much more "DISCIPLINED" (key word) & we'll scheme more, which means no more predictability w/ the defense...I'm STOKED fellaz
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2009, 03:27 PM   #52
Banned

My 2010 Preview:

Quarterback
Christian Ponder will be back for what could be a magical season for him. His progression from a RS-Sophomore to a RS-Junior was amazing and the sky is the limit for 2010. He will be one of the best QB's in America and could end up at the DAC contending for an overrated trophy.

Running Back
Wow does FSU have a stable of RB's with Jermaine Thomas leading the way. But he will be splitting carries with Ty Jones, Chris Thompson, Lonnie Pryor, and Debrale Smiley. I can't believe that Tavares Presley will be back, it is a shame we took him over LaGarrete Blount. But I digress..... FSU has a lot of specific skill backs there but not one do it all RB, this worked for Fisher at LSU where he did the same thing with RB's. Add to this what an Auburn fan called the best RB Coach in Ameica and this is the strength of the team.

Wide Receiver
Again FSU has a stable of WR's but no real do it all type of player. Coming back are Bert Reed, Taiwan Easterling, Louis Givens, Rodney Smith, Jarmon Fortson, Avis Commack and Willie Haustead. Adding to that could be Christian Green, Kenny Shaw, and De'Joshua Johnson. That is a great group full of #2 or 3 receivers and needs someone to step up as the go to man like Rod Owens did this past season.

Tight End
Coming back are Ja'Baris Little and Beau Reliford and FSU has recruited TE Tank Sessions from Oklahoma. Reliford showed signs of brilliance in 2009 and could be ready to become the man in 2010. His size alone creates huge matchup problems if he can add some muscle.

Offensive Line
Two, four year starters, and three, three year starters. They better be good.

Up next.....The Defense
Old 12-31-2009, 07:17 PM   #53
All Star

OVR: 21

If he doesn't transfer, I don't think Ty will see anymore meaningful carries while at Florida State. He has struggled keeping his diabetes under control and he doesn't run as tough as the coaches would like. Of course, all of that could change once Gran comes in and starts working with him.

I would have loved to see Blount at Florida State, but he decommitted once he found out Pressley committed. I don't think he wanted to compete with the group of RBs they were bringing in.

Jarmon has the potential to establish himself as a legit #1 in the offense. Jimbo loves him. He just has to learn how to concentrate and eliminate the drops. I think Haulstead, Smith, Green, and Shaw have the same potential, though you probably won't see that until next season. Bert didn't get much press, but he had a very good year. He was very consistent and made big catches throughout the season. And I expect Taiwan to have a better season, as he slumped a little this year.

Just FYI, Sessions is from Georgia. I know the staff still wants a bigger TE to help the running game. All of the guys currently on the roster are more in the receiver mold. They loved Caz and what he allowed the offense to do.

As for the offensive line, it should be improved. Now that Greenlee is back, if he can unseat Zebrie, I think the line can be better than it was this season. I know a lot of people are worrying about Hudson possibly going pro, but he won't.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:15 PM   #54
Banned

Jarmon Forston showed A LOT of promise in the Gator Bowl with one jaw dropping catch and another big catch on a perfect throw by Manuel. If he gets it together he could be a tremendous WR at FSU. He is perhaps the most physical WR we've had since Anquan Boldin.

Any word on what C.J. Mizell is up to? I thought he was enrolling at Hargrave and would be back in January.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:54 PM   #55
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Jarmon Forston showed A LOT of promise in the Gator Bowl with one jaw dropping catch and another big catch on a perfect throw by Manuel. If he gets it together he could be a tremendous WR at FSU. He is perhaps the most physical WR we've had since Anquan Boldin.

Any word on what C.J. Mizell is up to? I thought he was enrolling at Hargrave and would be back in January.
Mizell will never suit up for Florida State. He never enrolled at Hargrave and I'm not sure if he ever re-took the test. Even if he did, I doubt the coaches would welcome him back. He got in trouble over the summer and hasn't really turned it around since. At this point, I would say he has way too many off-field issues and the coaches aren't willing to take a chance on him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2010, 03:46 AM   #56
Bang-bang! Down-down!

Flawless's Arena

OVR: 28

Darin Eliot will be the new DE coach. Seems like a Stoops hire, since he was a GA at Miami in 2002 when Stoops was there.

http://riceowls.cstv.com/sports/m-fo...t_darin00.html

Only spot to fill now is a strength and conditioning coach.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »