Home

2010 Texas Longhorns team thread

This is a discussion on 2010 Texas Longhorns team thread within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2010, 01:40 PM   #81
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2010 Texas Longhorns team thread

It's the latter of that, max.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 06:44 AM   #82
Banned

OVR: 1

Hopefully Vaccaro earned a starting job today. Best player on our defense so far.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #83
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1ndHe1st
Hopefully Vaccaro earned a starting job today. Best player on our defense so far.
No he is not lol. Not even close.

He does have a mean streak though, and I like that. And Scott didnt look right at times, so maybe he can steal some PT from him...

Did you not see Keenan Robinson Saturday? What about the Acho brothers? They were making plays when Texas needed them.

The defense is fine though, Im not worried about them. They are going to own pretty much every team on the sched.

What the heck is up with Texas' RBs though?? Texas needs a new RB coach bad. Keep Applewhite just give him a fitting title, "Quarterbacks Mentor".

Texas' best offensive talents are all at WR, and they need to get the ball more than they did this game. Gilbert short-hopping passes though?? Come on son, thats little-kid stuff. I hope he cleans that up quick. C.Johnson needs to watch film of Jerome Bettis or Ron Dayne. CJ looked very "plodding" after that first drive(which GD killed). Maybe Newton is the answer though... I want to see more of Fozzy, dude is violent when he runs the ball.

Horns fans beware... Either Texas starts getting the ball to their WRs more than they did against Rice... or Greg Davis' playcalling will cost Texas 2 or 3 games. You cant have a Sophomore QB in obvious 3rd and longs all season.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:41 AM   #84
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
No he is not lol. Not even close.

He does have a mean streak though, and I like that. And Scott didnt look right at times, so maybe he can steal some PT from him...

Did you not see Keenan Robinson Saturday? What about the Acho brothers? They were making plays when Texas needed them.

The defense is fine though, Im not worried about them. They are going to own pretty much every team on the sched.

What the heck is up with Texas' RBs though?? Texas needs a new RB coach bad. Keep Applewhite just give him a fitting title, "Quarterbacks Mentor".

Texas' best offensive talents are all at WR, and they need to get the ball more than they did this game. Gilbert short-hopping passes though?? Come on son, thats little-kid stuff. I hope he cleans that up quick. C.Johnson needs to watch film of Jerome Bettis or Ron Dayne. CJ looked very "plodding" after that first drive(which GD killed). Maybe Newton is the answer though... I want to see more of Fozzy, dude is violent when he runs the ball.

Horns fans beware... Either Texas starts getting the ball to their WRs more than they did against Rice... or Greg Davis' playcalling will cost Texas 2 or 3 games. You cant have a Sophomore QB in obvious 3rd and longs all season.
Yep, Keenan plays very high though, and the macho acho's were playin pretty badass.

We don't need a new rb coach, we just need more talent lol aka Malcom Brown coming in next year.

I'm guessing Greg Davis will cost us 4 games including TAMU. I wish Applewhite was our OC.

Kenny should start for Scott though, Scott looked slow as hell but he did have a good stick.

Did you notice how many times our TE's were open as well over the middle?
Old 09-07-2010, 12:53 AM   #85
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

Tre is starting at RB Saturday.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2010, 02:43 AM   #86
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

I just hope Gilbert gets a few chances to throw down field on early downs out of the shotgun. Texas WR's are really really good this year.

I think playing at home for the first time, week 2, against Wyoming...
it has all the makings for a big day for Gilbert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5
I have no problem with that.

Quote:
Did you notice how many times our TE's were open as well over the middle?
No I didnt actually. Thats a good thing though. Maybe he'll find them against Wyoming.

Last edited by Maxattax3; 09-07-2010 at 03:08 AM.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendkiller5
Good, all Johnson does is ***** foot around, he has a sprained ankle anyway.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:10 PM   #88
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

Mindheist, your boy Kenny V is giving Christian a run for his starting spot. I think Christian is still starting, though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »