Home

2010 Florida Gators

This is a discussion on 2010 Florida Gators within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2010, 02:29 PM   #41
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2010 Florida Gators

Well, just a few days until this season gets kicked off. I really don't even know what to expect. A lot of folks in the media are predicting a poor season because of a lack of team chemistry/experience (3-4 losses). On the other hand, some folks (Lee Corso?) are picking us to play in the title game.

I think I'm looking forward to this season as much as any I have in a long time, if just to see the new youngsters and how we do post-Tebow. Go GATORS!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2010, 10:20 PM   #42
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Well, just a few days until this season gets kicked off. I really don't even know what to expect. A lot of folks in the media are predicting a poor season because of a lack of team chemistry/experience (3-4 losses). On the other hand, some folks (Lee Corso?) are picking us to play in the title game.

I think I'm looking forward to this season as much as any I have in a long time, if just to see the new youngsters and how we do post-Tebow. Go GATORS!
I couldn't agree more. I am very excited to see this team play. A lot of new faces, playmakers and, in my opinion, one heckuva leader at quarterback (that is not Tim Tebow) to get us to the SECCG.

Tebow will forever be missed, but John Brantley will be a household name in a short span of time.

GO GATORS!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 12:28 AM   #43
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
I couldn't agree more. I am very excited to see this team play. A lot of new faces, playmakers and, in my opinion, one heckuva leader at quarterback (that is not Tim Tebow) to get us to the SECCG.

Tebow will forever be missed, but John Brantley will be a household name in a short span of time.

GO GATORS!!!
I hope so. Nothing so far makes me think otherwise.
Old 09-06-2010, 05:08 PM   #44
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

Pretty quiet bunch in here now......hmmmm. I wonder why.

Just kidding. I think this team will bounce back with authority and show what they are really about vs. USF. The only thing I really worry about in this one is BJ Daniels. I don't want that dude running all over the place and extending play after play.
Old 09-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #45
Rookie

gator15's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:

Just kidding. I think this team will bounce back with authority and show what they are really about vs. USF. The only thing I really worry about in this one is BJ Daniels. I don't want that dude running all over the place and extending play after play.
I think our D will be able to contain him. Our linebackers are crazy fast. I also think our Offense will look much better next week. We were missing 3 O linemen and had our 3rd string guard in who looked awful. (Missed about 6 blocks at first glance) Hopefully, Pouncey can figure out how to snap the ball. I think we should be really good next week coming off an intense week of practice.
Born and Raised a Florida Gator
Taylor Gang or Die!

Jah Bless
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2010, 06:07 PM   #46
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

I won't be surprised if we lose to USF...that being said, what happened last week may be the best thing that happened to this group. If they had come out and steamrolled Miami of Ohio, no one would care. Instead, people are now doubting them plus it's a wake up for the young guys that this is big boy football now...no one cares how good you were in high school.

That being said, this year Urban will definitely have to earn his paycheck this year...can't just roll the balls out there and let Tebow run around.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:55 PM   #47
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
I won't be surprised if we lose to USF...that being said, what happened last week may be the best thing that happened to this group. If they had come out and steamrolled Miami of Ohio, no one would care. Instead, people are now doubting them plus it's a wake up for the young guys that this is big boy football now...no one cares how good you were in high school.

That being said, this year Urban will definitely have to earn his paycheck this year...can't just roll the balls out there and let Tebow run around.
I completely agree and think our D shows up in a big way. We will (should) also see Will Hill back there making plays.

The offense can't look any worse and will get the hideous snaps/exchanges cleaned up and a little healthier with Johnson and Nixon coming back.

I have a feeling that Rainey and Demps are going to go off on Saturday.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:36 AM   #48
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Obviously the snap issue needs to get fixed. Unfortunately, I don't think it just gets fixed in a week. Sounds like Pouncey got the "yips" and there's not easy fix for that (see baseball pitchers).

The WR corps is definitely a concern. Thompson has to catch the ball and I'm not sure Rainey is a natural WR when running routes. I think he'll be great on the bubble screens and reverses, but not sure he's the type of guy to run a great route on 3rd and 5 to move the chains. We'll see though.

Feels like Brantley just didn't get a chance to show what he's got; partly because of the snaps and partly because of the conservative gameplan.

Also, the rhythm of the offense just seemed off. I like the I Form being mixed in, but it looked like it was tough on the offense to switch back and forth between Shotgun and I.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »