Home

2010 Florida Gators

This is a discussion on 2010 Florida Gators within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2010, 03:59 AM   #65
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2010 Florida Gators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
I hope Dan Mullen wasn't the genius behind Urban because right now this team just looks plain lost...
He wasn't, but I never have believed it was 100% Meyer and I have said that since the day Mullen left. Mullen still makes a lot of personnel errors and spent all of last year sticking with a horrible incumbent quarterback (How I hate you Tyson Lee) who was was a Senior and his father was a major booster. They both compliment each others' strengths very well, the only problem was Mullin's strength was that offensive system.

The only major losses from 2008 to 2009 season were Murphy and Harvin. Replacing Harvin is no small feat, but if you don't think Demps and Rainey had the appropriate skill set to do so then you are kidding yourself. The UF offense wasn't very good last year and was taking on water all year until Alabama finally sank the ship. The 2009 team had all of the pieces to be unstoppable last year and it wasn't, the difference, Dan Mullen.

This was a very tough game for me to watch (Alum of both schools, most recently Miss State). I honestly didn't get excited about any play on either side of the ball the entire game. After watching every game this season so far (for both teams) I am going to say right now that Brantley is hurt. Not like these goons on TV have been saying, I think he is legit hurt. He missed multiple wide open passes tonight and almost everything on target was high. He's too accurate of a quarterback to miss as badly as he has and I honestly don't remember a single great throw all night. I think we may discover Urban's biggest weakness is his loyalty.

P.S. - Fire the OC.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2010, 11:09 AM   #66
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Well, good news is the Gators won't lose today...
Old 10-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #67
Rookie

realultimatepower's Arena

OVR: 4

Jerseys for the Georgia game...

http://twitpic.com/30xf58

Another view

http://twitpic.com/30xd4y
Old 10-27-2010, 08:12 AM   #68
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

This team is not good enough to wear designer jerseys. They are lucky to still be sporting that "F" on their helmets.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 10-27-2010, 08:44 AM   #69
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbut
This team is not good enough to wear designer jerseys. They are lucky to still be sporting that "F" on their helmets.
Don't be silly. Florida State has worn their designer duds and we all know how well that have played the last few years.

In all seriousness, I sure hope this team is ready to rock on Saturday because UGA keeps getting better and we are obviously going in a different direction of late. That said, I think the offense gets it going a bit with a healthier Demps, Rainey in uniform and probably some tweaks to the offense and overall better execution.

Cage the puppies!!
Old 10-30-2010, 11:01 AM   #70
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Well, Gents...time for the outdoor cocktail party. Very interested to see how we respond coming off a bye week. Everyone in the media keeps saying "Georgia can beat Florida"...I don't understand that as I EXPECT Georgia to route Florida. We couldn't stop Tolliver from LSU and he can't carry Green's jock. We can't score either. I'll take Georgia 24-10, but I hope I'm wrong. Go GATORS!
Old 10-30-2010, 03:37 PM   #71
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Cocktail Party time!!

Prediction:

Florida 26 UGA 24

A healthier Florida squad will get some offense going. AJ Green will probably go off. I wish Sturgis was healthy though.

GO GATORS.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-31-2010, 01:40 AM   #72
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Absolutely huge win today. Still not happy with a lot of things, but it was an improvement and a win beats a loss any day. I can't believe we control our own destiny to win the SEC as poorly as we've played. If this team finds itself in Atlanta I will be thrilled (although I'm not sure I want to play Auburn...70-10 would probably be the final).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »