Home

2010 Florida Gators

This is a discussion on 2010 Florida Gators within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #1
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19
2010 Florida Gators

Oh no, Tebow has graduated, what ever will the poor little helpless and defenseless Gators do?

Well we started by landing the number one recruiting class in the country, which was also rated possibly one of the best all time.

For an encore we plan to unveil the best kept secret in all of college football in John Brantley and show the nation that you don't have to just run the power option to be successful in Meyer's spread offense. Let's not forget he guided Alex Smith to a first round pick in the NFL draft and Smith had less time in the offense and had no where near the physical tools this kid has.

Sure it will be a down year for us and we might rack up a grand total of 3 losses, but don't be surprised if you turn on your television late this fall only to find Brantley and crew made Gator Bait out of the Eastern part of their conference again this year.

EDIT: 2010 Schedule

Sat Sep 4 Miami (OH) Gainesville, FL
Sat Sep 11 USF Gainesville, FL
Sat Sep 18 at Tennessee Knoxville, TN
Sat Sep 25 Kentucky Gainesville, FL
Sat Oct 2 at Alabama Tuscaloosa, AL
Sat Oct 9 LSU Gainesville, FL
Sat Oct 16 Mississippi State Gainesville, FL
Sat Oct 30 Georgia Jacksonville, FL
Sat Nov 6 at Vanderbilt Nashville, TN
Sat Nov 13 South Carolina Gainesville, FL
Sat Nov 20 Appalachian State Gainesville, FL
Sat Nov 27 at Florida State Tallahassee, FL

Last edited by Amoo316; 03-17-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 02:18 PM   #2
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2010 Florida Gators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbut
Oh no, Tebow has graduated, what ever will the poor little helpless and defenseless Gators do?

Well we started by landing the number one recruiting class in the country, which was also rated possibly one of the best all time.

For an encore we plan to unveil the best kept secret in all of college football in John Brantley and show the nation that you don't have to just run the power option to be successful in Meyer's spread offense. Let's not forget he guided Alex Smith to a first round pick in the NFL draft and Smith had less time in the offense and had no where near the physical tools this kid has.

Sure it will be a down year for us and we might rack up a grand total of 3 losses, but don't be surprised if you turn on your television late this fall only to find Brantley and crew made Gator Bait out of the Eastern part of their conference again this year.
LOL. I guess we do need to get a new thread going. The Gators will be better than most think, but that will be more a reflection of the SEC East being down than the Gators being studs. Remember in 2007 when the defense blew? It won't be that bad, but it will be close. Regardless they should be fun to watch.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
LOL. I guess we do need to get a new thread going. The Gators will be better than most think, but that will be more a reflection of the SEC East being down than the Gators being studs. Remember in 2007 when the defense blew? It won't be that bad, but it will be close. Regardless they should be fun to watch.
Yeah I remember looking at our defense in 2007 thinking man these guys are all so young they're going to be scary in a few year. It's too bad we never did get a dominant DT to go along with the ends/lb/secondary we had.

Let's take a look at what we'll be dealing with for defenses in the east:

Georgia: Lost Willie Martinez, I think it will take the new guy at least a year to adjust to all the different formations Florida is going to throw at them.

SC: Well their D-Coordinator is in his second year, and they lost the heart and sole of their defense. I still think the Ol' Ball Coach might get us this year but we'll keep our fingers crossed.

Tenn: SOOOOOooooOOO glad we don't have to face Monty Kiffon this year. His scheming against us last year had me shaking in my britches of things to come on that side of the ball for years to come. Thank God we won't see it.

Kentucky: Could be a surprise team this year in the East, but as usual they are Kentucky so they will find a way to muck it up.

Vandy: Anyways...
Old 03-17-2010, 07:03 PM   #4
Rookie

Barkley7's Arena

OVR: 6

My name might no say it, but I'm a diehard Gator fan. I went to a few games in the Swamp last year..

I want to see how the offense will look like with Brantley at the helm. I expect him to have a breakout year.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:53 PM   #5
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

Florida Gator commits ATH Robert Clark, DE Ronald Powell, ATH Matt Elam, and Class of '09 WR Andre Debose. Wait till you see Debose smoke people. Keep in mind this kid is from Florida so it wasn't some slow Northern state kids he was dusting.

Clicky
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey

Last edited by Amoo316; 04-01-2010 at 04:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #6
Banned

Xaos's Arena

OVR: 15

Martinez was horrible. And if anyone is going to have to adjust, it's going to be Florida. Can't run any options. Georgia has the new 3-4, and it's gonna confuse some Florida guys. Signed some great new defensive coaches, and Scott Lakatos coached the guys that held that SC attack with Conn talent. I think Georgia could unseat Florida. 10/11 offensive starters coming back, and anyone is a Joe Cox improvement.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #7
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaos
Martinez was horrible. And if anyone is going to have to adjust, it's going to be Florida. Can't run any options. Georgia has the new 3-4, and it's gonna confuse some Florida guys. Signed some great new defensive coaches, and Scott Lakatos coached the guys that held that SC attack with Conn talent. I think Georgia could unseat Florida. 10/11 offensive starters coming back, and anyone is a Joe Cox improvement.
Of coarse you think Ga can beat Fl, you're a Ga fan...
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 04-04-2010, 10:06 AM   #8
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Can't wait to see:

1. Brantley throwing the ball

2. Demps and Rainey being featured even more as JRs

3. Debose come back healthy

4. Young recruits on Defense

I'd say the Gators could get better WR play than 2009. OLine should be good.

On defense, hopefully the kids get acclimated quickly in the front 7. Need a leader in the LB corps, definitely have some great athletes there. Secondary should be solid.

Last edited by Palo20; 04-04-2010 at 10:24 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »