Home

Sic Em Dawgs : 2010 Georgia Bulldogs

This is a discussion on Sic Em Dawgs : 2010 Georgia Bulldogs within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2010, 10:27 AM   #1
Banned

Xaos's Arena

OVR: 15
Sic Em Dawgs : 2010 Georgia Bulldogs

What do you guys will think happen this season?

I believe Grantham will lead us to a good defense, and we COULD have the success of Alabama running the 3-4. Our whole offense is coming back except Joe, and thats an improvement. Whoever wins the QB Competition (I believe it will be Aaron with Zach's off-the-field issue, and the fact that Logan Gray didn't do too hot last year, but nobody knows the reason for that.) Our WR corp should be pretty good, lead by AJ. Our TEs should be beast, with Orston Charles and Aron White. (I got Orston's autograph at the G-day game ) And definitely our line will be improved from what it was the last part of last season, and that's going to be hell for the SEC defenses. We should have two 1000 yard rushers in Caleb King and Washaun Ealey, and I except Carlton Thomas to be our scatback-type guy who catches passes out of the backfield, and may end up lining up at WR most times.

What bout you guys?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2010, 06:38 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 8
Re: Sic Em Dawgs : 2010 Georgia Bulldogs

The losses of Owens, Atkins, Curran, Weston and Jones will hurt, but I'm still optimistic for the defense this year now that Willie Martinez is gone. There is plenty of talent (albeit unproven at some positions) for Grantham to work with so as long as he proves to be a competent DC the defense should be pretty good this year.

Offensively Joe Cox is gone which can only be considered a good thing. I don't care that Murray is a freshmen it will be hard for him to turn the ball over as many times as Joe Cox did for us last year.

The offensive line should be really good, but I'm a bit weary of them. Each of the last 2 seasons they were supposed to be good, but didn't really live up to the hype until later in the season.

There is a lot of talent at all of the skill positions though. Ealy will have a full season to run this year, Green should be healthy, Charles is a dynamic tight end and there are a few other receivers who are pretty good as well.

I think UGA will compete for the SEC east and finish around 10 wins. Anything less than 9 regular season wins will be a disappointment imo.
Old 06-20-2010, 03:41 PM   #3
Banned

Xaos's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
The losses of Owens, Atkins, Curran, Weston and Jones will hurt, but I'm still optimistic for the defense this year now that Willie Martinez is gone. There is plenty of talent (albeit unproven at some positions) for Grantham to work with so as long as he proves to be a competent DC the defense should be pretty good this year.

Offensively Joe Cox is gone which can only be considered a good thing. I don't care that Murray is a freshmen it will be hard for him to turn the ball over as many times as Joe Cox did for us last year.

The offensive line should be really good, but I'm a bit weary of them. Each of the last 2 seasons they were supposed to be good, but didn't really live up to the hype until later in the season.

There is a lot of talent at all of the skill positions though. Ealy will have a full season to run this year, Green should be healthy, Charles is a dynamic tight end and there are a few other receivers who are pretty good as well.

I think UGA will compete for the SEC east and finish around 10 wins. Anything less than 9 regular season wins will be a disappointment imo.

I agree completely, except for the o-line point. The only reason they haven't lived up to hype is injuries, and it looks like that part is handled with the current o-line we have, except for Sturdivant and Boling has a minor injury.
Old 03-25-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
To do list:

1. Kill Self

Flag Football Plays
-
Flag Football Playbook
- Illegal Motion Flag Football
Old 05-25-2011, 09:06 PM   #5
All Star

That prediction was before the AJ Green suspension :P

2010 was a total failure by the team that's for sure. I don't expect much better in 2011 either as my faith in Mark Richt has been completely destroyed over the last several years with last year being the nail in the coffin. Georgia will get 9 wins this year though with the coaches on the hotseat working hard, year 2 of this defense, and the so called "dream team" having an impact. Though to be honest, I'd prefer another 6-7 season Richt can be shown the door in Athens and the new AD brings in someone who takes the job a little more seriously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 01:39 PM   #6
All Star

Well last night against Boise sucked, but I'm not as upset about it as a lot of Georgia fans. Up until Friday night I had picked Boise to win all ofseason, and only changed my pick because I fell into the hype of the game. So it wasn't much of a shock.

Boise has better talent in the trenches and is better coached.

I guess another reason I'm not so upset is that it puts UGA one loss closer to a much needed regime change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »