Home

2010 Notre Dame Fighting Irish

This is a discussion on 2010 Notre Dame Fighting Irish within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2010, 03:05 AM   #1
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

OVR: 31
2010 Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Someone needed to start the thread. I'll be that man.

Not expecting miracles from Brian Kelly. Yet. 8-4 is my prediction for the season... All predictions can be seen on my Tumblr. Yes, all.

I'm sick of being disappointed by the Irish so I'm trying to downplay my giddiness over Brian Kelly. As a Michigander I've been following him for awhile now and expect great things. In time. Changing the defense and offense completely will probably take time, but like BK said, "We're here to win all our games, I don't know if anyone told you that."

Losing Golden probably hurts more than Jimmy, but I really like Dayne. The opening schedule is rough and I'll be happy to come out of that 4-2. I mean I don't want to lose any games and won't feel good about any of the losses but it has to be better than post Holtz right? 4-2 is a good start and I think the Navy game could be the biggest game of the year. After this year there is no excuse to losing to them, but this year I can handle it. If Dobbs is healthy, without Dobbs Navy is definitely a must win game. And I'm rambling so I'll quit.

Kid Rock, "I'm the catalyst for everything."

Tumblred
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2010, 11:40 AM   #2
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

Re: 2010 Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Yeah 8-4 would be a great record for this year. I think they lose to Pitt, Utah, Michigan St., and Stanford this year. But, they take down USC this season and return this rivalry to respectability of close-fought games.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:10 AM   #3
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

#1, Clausen come back. Think about that arm in this system! Crist has the arm, but is he going to make the right decisions. Clausen was seasoned and could've had a big Senior season with Floyd & Rudolph.

#2, The Offense looks legit. We have a ton of skill players and should not be "slow" this year.

#3, We'll be as good as the defense. In every Weis year the opponents seemed to gash our defense at will. We really need somebody to step up at safety.

I have no idea what to expect for the Irish in Year #1. If the defense plays well and shows improvement I honestly think you will see Brian Kelly named Coach of the Year and the Irish will be BCS bound with a record like 10-2 or 11-1.

If the defense continues to be terrible, the Irish will hover around .500

The offense will score, it's all on the D!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 08-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
#1, Clausen come back. Think about that arm in this system! Crist has the arm, but is he going to make the right decisions. Clausen was seasoned and could've had a big Senior season with Floyd & Rudolph.

#2, The Offense looks legit. We have a ton of skill players and should not be "slow" this year.

#3, We'll be as good as the defense. In every Weis year the opponents seemed to gash our defense at will. We really need somebody to step up at safety.

I have no idea what to expect for the Irish in Year #1. If the defense plays well and shows improvement I honestly think you will see Brian Kelly named Coach of the Year and the Irish will be BCS bound with a record like 10-2 or 11-1.

If the defense continues to be terrible, the Irish will hover around .500

The offense will score, it's all on the D!
Yep, thats the bottom line. If the D steps up, who knows what could be. The schedule may look easy at first glance, but USC, UTah, MSU, Pitt, and the wildcard Michigan could all give them fits. It will be an intersting year.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:11 PM   #5
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2010, 12:54 AM   #6
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I don't know what to expect from the Irish either but i'm not jumping up and down from excitement the way I was with Weis. I want to see results. I'll be happy with a 7-8 win season to be honest with you.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 09-11-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
Fum police

ndeezlo's Arena

MSU is must win. Not comfortable discussing what just happened. At all.

Kid Rock, "I'm the catalyst for everything."

Tumblred
Old 09-11-2010, 10:42 PM   #8
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18

I can't even be upset about today's game. All I feel is respect for Robinson. He might be the most athletic player in the NCAA today. This game actually gave me a lot of hope. With Crist in the game, the Irish were rolling. Take away the quarter and a half that he was on the sidelines, and the offense looked great.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »