Home

2010 Washington Huskies

This is a discussion on 2010 Washington Huskies within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2010, 03:20 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: 2010 Washington Huskies

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
Absolutely. Removing the track makes it look at lot better IMO, and allowing the fans to be closer to the field can only help increase the crowd noise, I would think.
I like it but I hope they stick with the gold endzones. They look pretty slick.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:22 AM   #18
Banned

Game predictions for BYU?

I'm going with UW 38, BYU 35 in a hard fought game. Provo will be no easy task for the Huskies (it's not for anyone). People can say BYU is down this year but they are very well coached and Bronco will have them ready to play. I think the talent that UW has will be too much, though.

Locker finishes with 355 yards through the air, 3 TD and 1 rushing TD. No turnovers.

Polk gets a tough 110 yards on about 25 carries and a TD.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:15 AM   #19
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

I also think it's going to be a very tough game, and honestly would not be surprised if BYU wins. But I think there's enough talent and confidence in the Huskies right now, and we pull out a tough game. 31-28.
Old 09-04-2010, 11:15 PM   #20
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Absolutely effing brutal. That game was theirs for the taking.

They looked ill prepared, unsure of themselves, and played without any fire whatsoever. They play like that they'll be lucky to win four games this year.

Sark's inexperience showed up here. With the expectations of this team, they can't come in and not execute. That's on the coaching staff.

They also should have kicked the field goal late which would have brought them within three, and then put them in position to tie on that last drive. Our defense was doing a good job keeping them out of the end zone, especially considering the field position BYU was getting. I don't know what Sark was thinking. Our offense was sputtering as well, so kick the FG and give your team a chance!

As for our offense, Locker missed his fair share of throws, ones he probably should have made. He still looks uneasy at times in the pocket. They need to roll him out more, to give him a chance to run or pass. Instead they had him run on keepers and draws, most of which were so telegraphed a blind man could've seen 'em coming.

And finally, why they run the read option out of the gun is beyond me. It didn't work under Willingham and it's not going to work now. Polk is an inside runner, not a speed back. On top of that you need the threat of a short passing game on the outside for the run option to be effective, to keep the defense honest. If there isn't speed from the half back position or the short passing game, then the defense can just sit in the box and easily shut down the read option, which is what BYU did.

Poor preparation and game planning, plus bad coaching in the fourth quarter, is not going to equal a bowl game this year.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #21
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
Absolutely effing brutal. That game was theirs for the taking.

They looked ill prepared, unsure of themselves, and played without any fire whatsoever. They play like that they'll be lucky to win four games this year.

Sark's inexperience showed up here. With the expectations of this team, they can't come in and not execute. That's on the coaching staff.

They also should have kicked the field goal late which would have brought them within three, and then put them in position to tie on that last drive. Our defense was doing a good job keeping them out of the end zone, especially considering the field position BYU was getting. I don't know what Sark was thinking. Our offense was sputtering as well, so kick the FG and give your team a chance!

As for our offense, Locker missed his fair share of throws, ones he probably should have made. He still looks uneasy at times in the pocket. They need to roll him out more, to give him a chance to run or pass. Instead they had him run on keepers and draws, most of which were so telegraphed a blind man could've seen 'em coming.

And finally, why they run the read option out of the gun is beyond me. It didn't work under Willingham and it's not going to work now. Polk is an inside runner, not a speed back. On top of that you need the threat of a short passing game on the outside for the run option to be effective, to keep the defense honest. If there isn't speed from the half back position or the short passing game, then the defense can just sit in the box and easily shut down the read option, which is what BYU did.

Poor preparation and game planning, plus bad coaching in the fourth quarter, is not going to equal a bowl game this year.
I could not agree more.

It seems that Sark really limits what he wants Jake to do. Rolling him out worked great but it was never really implemented. Jake is not a pocket passer at this point; it's not where he is at his best. I felt like UW was much more talented than BYU but the execution was just flat out horrible.

Kearse had some big drops too that really shifted some momentum. I am disappointed in how this game played out. I didn't expect this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2010, 01:17 PM   #22
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

Definitely had our chances, and it's really disappointing that we seem to be having the same issue if putting away teams on the road again. We absolutely could have had this game, but there were mistakes from just about everyone. And while I obviously thought we needed to win this game, I'm still going to hold out hope that we'll be fine. Some people, particularly over at Dawgman, are just going way overboard with negativity. I mean good lord, it was one game against a pretty good team on the road. It's not like we lost to an FCS team or something. I'm pretty sure next week we'll get home, our team will be fired up, and we'll get a win against Syracuse. I have tons of confidence in this team at home, and we should see a better team as the season progresses. We improved by the end of last year, I expect us to do the same this year.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:55 PM   #23
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

Got the BYU game out of my mind and ready for Syracuse to come through Husky Stadium. Can't wait. Should be exciting!
Old 09-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
Got the BYU game out of my mind and ready for Syracuse to come through Husky Stadium. Can't wait. Should be exciting!
UW needs a win here. I like our chances...

UW 34
SU 20

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »