Home

2010 Washington Huskies

This is a discussion on 2010 Washington Huskies within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2010, 05:12 AM   #57
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: 2010 Washington Huskies

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
I disagree...
There's talent there. Ta'amu, Elisara, and Thompson should all be having more of an impact, but as is they are getting pushed off the line against the run and are getting little to no pressure on the QB. A lot of D-line play is just desire, and they're not showing it at this point.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #58
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
There's talent there. Ta'amu, Elisara, and Thompson should all be having more of an impact, but as is they are getting pushed off the line against the run and are getting little to no pressure on the QB. A lot of D-line play is just desire, and they're not showing it at this point.
I guess I see what you're saying.

Ta'amu I think is doing fine. Not great, but he's the least of our concerns.

I do agree that guys like Matthews, Elisara and Thompson should be having more of an impact, because they were pretty highly regarded recruits coming out of high school. So yes, I see what you mean that there is talent there. But I just think that the coaching (or lack thereof) hampered these guys' ability to use that talent. Which is why I think that this team won't truly take off until we get mostly Sark's recruits playing. A lot of the promise that I see comes from the young guys that Sark recruited. Obviously they need time to get stronger, because they're at a disadvantage playing against upperclassmen, but Jamora and Potoae look like they could grow into real solid defensive linemen. On the other line, Kohler looks like one of our better o-linemen already, and I think Porter will be a beast as well. I just think we're recruiting a different level of athlete now with Sark, and it's showing in the younger guys on the team outplaying some of the upperclassmen.

Last edited by thaima1shu; 10-04-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:04 PM   #59
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
I guess I see what you're saying.

Ta'amu I think is doing fine. Not great, but he's the least of our concerns.

I do agree that guys like Matthews, Elisara and Thompson should be having more of an impact, because they were pretty highly regarded recruits coming out of high school. So yes, I see what you mean that there is talent there. But I just think that the coaching (or lack thereof) hampered these guys' ability to use that talent. Which is why I think that this team won't truly take off until we get mostly Sark's recruits playing. A lot of the promise that I see comes from the young guys that Sark recruited. Obviously they need time to get stronger, because they're at a disadvantage playing against upperclassmen, but Jamora and Potoae look like they could grow into real solid defensive linemen. On the other line, Kohler looks like one of our better o-linemen already, and I think Porter will be a beast as well. I just think we're recruiting a different level of athlete now with Sark, and it's showing in the younger guys on the team outplaying some of the upperclassmen.
Where is that clown who wrote off the Huskies after a poor performance against the Huskers? I'm not a Husky fan by any stretch of the imagination, but please. A bowl appearance with Locker at the helm is a definite possibility.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:15 PM   #60
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaipo07
Where is that clown who wrote off the Huskies after a poor performance against the Huskers? I'm not a Husky fan by any stretch of the imagination, but please. A bowl appearance with Locker at the helm is a definite possibility.
Don't know who you're referring to, but it seemed like there were tons of people having meltdowns over the Nebraska game. It was pretty insane, particularly over at the Dawgman forums. Just illogical and irrational all around.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:55 PM   #61
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Don't know who you're referring to, but it seemed like there were tons of people having meltdowns over the Nebraska game. It was pretty insane, particularly over at the Dawgman forums. Just illogical and irrational all around.
Here was the quote:

The sad part about all this is Locker's name will come up in positive discussion week after week on "College Gameday" but the fact is when the press starts harping on a particular player they usually flop. Washington football is done this year and Locker should have left when he was on top of his college football career last year. He easily would have been a first or second round pick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #62
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
...I do agree that guys like Matthews, Elisara and Thompson should be having more of an impact, because they were pretty highly regarded recruits coming out of high school. So yes, I see what you mean that there is talent there...
Though if you don't start eventually performing, I suppose you can't really call them talent anymore either.

But yeah, not having some of those guys step up this year has been a let down. Maybe Nick Holt can light a fire under them. For the most part they have good size and athleticism, they just need to take a page out of the book of Daniel Te'o-Nesheim, and start showing some grit.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #63
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

Quote:
...I love Mason Foster. He's not perfect, and I don't think he's as good as Donald Butler. But he's very good and close to him, and is often everywhere...
Man... Just saw this...

CBS Sports has Foster as the 37th best player overall, and the fifth best OLB, projected to go in round 2 or 3.

I would've said 3rd or 4th round. But whatever... He just looks like a pro player out there. Love seein' the Dawgs go to the league.

edit:

They got Nate Williams up there too, as the 4th best SS, 116th overall, projected round 4-5.

I always thought he was too weak against the run to be a really good SS, and too slow to be a FS... Though he had that big hit to break up a pass play last game.

Last edited by spit_bubble; 10-05-2010 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #64
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

Quote:
Though if you don't start eventually performing, I suppose you can't really call them talent anymore either.

But yeah, not having some of those guys step up this year has been a let down. Maybe Nick Holt can light a fire under them. For the most part they have good size and athleticism, they just need to take a page out of the book of Daniel Te'o-Nesheim, and start showing some grit.
Well that's sort of the point I was trying to make. There was potential there, but nobody has really lived up to their potential. At some point, they're just wasted talent, which is equivalent to just lack of talent essentially.

I really, really miss Te'o-Nesheim. I never fully appreciated just how great it was to have him here. He was non-stop motor epitomized.

Quote:
Man... Just saw this...

CBS Sports has Foster as the 37th best player overall, and the fifth best OLB, projected to go in round 2 or 3.

I would've said 3rd or 4th round. But whatever... He just looks like a pro player out there. Love seein' the Dawgs go to the league.

edit:

They got Nate Williams up there too, as the 4th best SS, 116th overall, projected round 4-5.

I always thought he was too weak against the run to be a really good SS, and too slow to be a FS... Though he had that big hit to break up a pass play last game.
It's exciting to actually have NFL caliber guys. I'm as happy with Foster as I was with Butler last year. Shame that Butler got hurt. But yeah, Foster is looking very good. He did get stiff armed pretty badly by Bradford though but it's all good. Leading the Pac-10 in tackles. He's everywhere, but he can't do it all himself.

Nate Williams ... ehhhhh. I don't know what to make of him. He still makes bad decisions sometimes. He's decent, but honestly I can't wait for Sean Parker to take over the SS position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »