Home

2011 Tennessee Volunteers

This is a discussion on 2011 Tennessee Volunteers within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2011, 01:18 PM   #1
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27
2011 Tennessee Volunteers

Much more anticipation and hope for this year than last, thats for sure. I feel 100X better about Dooley now than I did last year and there is not anywhere to go but up at this point. Had a great 11 class filling a lot of needs, but the lack of depth at some positions is going to hurt us much like it did last year. DT is a concern for me, but depending on Hughes and how much Couch can contribute this year, it could be bad or good. The thing that I feel most positive about with the staff is that I believe that they will be able to develop the players that we currently have unlike what was going on in the '00s. If there is one spot on the staff that I am not sold on yet, that would be Cheney (OC), his playcalling last year left a lot to be desired and at times, it was very,very predictable. Much of that could be blamed on youth at the skill positions and line, but I look for much improvement in that area if UT is to have any chance at the East this year. Way too early to give a prediction for the season, but it will be more than winning 6 games, thats for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #2
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

Chuck Smith out as DL coach. Had a lot to do with Gabe Wright not signing on NSD. Will be replaced by Lance Thompson and Peter Sirmon will take over the LB's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 02-07-2011, 07:53 PM   #3
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

Re: 2011 Tennessee Volunteers

Janzen Jackson has withdrawn from school (family/personal issues). The door is open for him if he decides to return in the spring. Also Pope, Meline, and Askew are all no longer at UT.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #4
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Janzen Jackson has withdrawn from school (family/personal issues). The door is open for him if he decides to return in the spring. Also Pope, Meline, and Askew are all no longer at UT.
Whoa ... that's a really big loss for us.

I get that Janzen was more than a little bit of a headcase, and has a ton of stuff going on. But he's still got pro potential, and he's an enforcer at the safety position. Is there optimism that he'll make it back to Knoxville?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
Whoa ... that's a really big loss for us.

I get that Janzen was more than a little bit of a headcase, and has a ton of stuff going on. But he's still got pro potential, and he's an enforcer at the safety position. Is there optimism that he'll make it back to Knoxville?
The staff is "optimistic" that he will return in the fall and get a waiver from the AA for the classes he will be missing from now til then. His father isnt in the picture, his mother is a crackhead, and another family member just killed a mother and her child. I think that anyone that is going through this, football and school are an afterthough. I hope he works through it and at the very least gets back into school to better his life.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #6
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
The staff is "optimistic" that he will return in the fall and get a waiver from the AA for the classes he will be missing from now til then. His father isnt in the picture, his mother is a crackhead, and another family member just killed a mother and her child. I think that anyone that is going through this, football and school are an afterthough. I hope he works through it and at the very least gets back into school to better his life.
That's sad stuff, don't think I knew the extent of it.

I kind of thought he was a punk like some Vols of the pre-Dooley era. But I'm certainly rooting for him now.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:34 AM   #7
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

One person you can root against is Gerald Jones. He pushed Gabe Wright to sign with AU, the guy is a piece of trash imo.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:21 PM   #8
Rookie

Tennessee's Arena

OVR: 0

Can't wait for spring practice.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »