Home

Welcome to the Swamp - 2011 Florida Gators

This is a discussion on Welcome to the Swamp - 2011 Florida Gators within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #9
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Welcome to the Swamp - 2011 Florida Gators

Sportsforever and fellow Gator fanatics, here is a quick summary of what I have gathered from reading on various sites:

- The players seem to love and embrace the new coaching staff. From Brantley with Weis to the D-Line with Quinn and the defense's attacking style. Brantley appears to be much more comfortable in Weis' offense. I hope he does very well this year. Driskel is improving everyday and has started to adjust to the college speed of the game.

- Rainey is the #1 playmaker on offense and is really enjoying lining up 7 yards behind the LOS in the I-formation. However, UF is very light at tailback right now with injuries to Gillislee and Brown and Demps is still in track season. Blakely isn't on campus yet. Tre Burton is working in at the H-Back and fullback spots.

- The wideouts are really liking the route-combos, patterns and "deep threat" potential. Quinton Dunbar has emerged as a new face in the passing game. DT, Alli and Patton are also making big plays.

- Jordan Reed is doing very well with his full time move to TE. He will seem some looks in a wildcat type of package. He poses some matchup problems in the passing game with his athleticism.

- The defense is seeing some leadership develop with Matt Elam, Ron Powell and Floyd. Ron Powell looks like a beast according to every source. Easley has shown a major attitude adjustment and has looked outstanding at times.

- The O-Line is young but developing chemistry quickly and has been hit with injuries. Seems like the theme of several of the past 5 off-seasons.

I am very excited for this season for a number of reasons and can't wait for Saturdays' Orange and Blue Debut!
Old 04-04-2011, 08:25 PM   #10
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
Sportsforever and fellow Gator fanatics, here is a quick summary of what I have gathered from reading on various sites:

- The players seem to love and embrace the new coaching staff. From Brantley with Weis to the D-Line with Quinn and the defense's attacking style. Brantley appears to be much more comfortable in Weis' offense. I hope he does very well this year. Driskel is improving everyday and has started to adjust to the college speed of the game.

- Rainey is the #1 playmaker on offense and is really enjoying lining up 7 yards behind the LOS in the I-formation. However, UF is very light at tailback right now with injuries to Gillislee and Brown and Demps is still in track season. Blakely isn't on campus yet. Tre Burton is working in at the H-Back and fullback spots.

- The wideouts are really liking the route-combos, patterns and "deep threat" potential. Quinton Dunbar has emerged as a new face in the passing game. DT, Alli and Patton are also making big plays.

- Jordan Reed is doing very well with his full time move to TE. He will seem some looks in a wildcat type of package. He poses some matchup problems in the passing game with his athleticism.

- The defense is seeing some leadership develop with Matt Elam, Ron Powell and Floyd. Ron Powell looks like a beast according to every source. Easley has shown a major attitude adjustment and has looked outstanding at times.

- The O-Line is young but developing chemistry quickly and has been hit with injuries. Seems like the theme of several of the past 5 off-seasons.

I am very excited for this season for a number of reasons and can't wait for Saturdays' Orange and Blue Debut!
Thanks, bud. Spring reports are almost always glowing so I take all this with a grain of salt, but the things that I keyed in on were the Elam/Powell/Easley reports. We need those youngin's to step up and really start justifying the hype this year. Thanks again...
Old 04-05-2011, 08:24 AM   #11
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Is Powell playing the hybrid pass rusher in this scheme like Orakpo and Kindle did at Texas? It'd be nice to see him rushing the passer instead of playing Sam LB like last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2011, 07:39 PM   #12
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Does this mean I can stop being angry with and taking shot after shot at Steve Addazio?
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 04-08-2011, 09:05 PM   #13
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Is Powell playing the hybrid pass rusher in this scheme like Orakpo and Kindle did at Texas? It'd be nice to see him rushing the passer instead of playing Sam LB like last year.
You know it. They are calling it the "Buck" position and Powell, as well as teammates and coaches, say the position fits him perfectly.

I can't wait for the game tomorrow! Just a taste of what we will see, but it's still Gator football and the start of a new era.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:36 PM   #14
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Unit40
You know it. They are calling it the "Buck" position and Powell, as well as teammates and coaches, say the position fits him perfectly.

I can't wait for the game tomorrow! Just a taste of what we will see, but it's still Gator football and the start of a new era.
Is the Spring game on TV somewhere? ESPN or something like that?
Old 04-09-2011, 01:11 PM   #15
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Is the Spring game on TV somewhere? ESPN or something like that?
No, only in Florida on the Sun Sports channel. You have to view it online on the west coast. I went to Fox Sports Florida.

Weird seeing the team in the strong I.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #16
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

So I read about the game...13-10? I think it's going to be a long fall. Did Brantley even play...didn't see his name in any of the write ups.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »