Home

Welcome to the Swamp - 2011 Florida Gators

This is a discussion on Welcome to the Swamp - 2011 Florida Gators within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #41
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18
7-5 or 8-4 Zooker

Sent from.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 09:59 AM   #42
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Welcome to the Swamp - 2011 Florida Gators

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
7-5 or 8-4 Zooker

Sent from.....
I knew you would chime in! Haha.

Noles are going to get their feelings hurt in The Swamp this year.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #43
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

I am with Zodiak...until I see otherwise, this team is a 7-5 team with no leadership. I hope I'm wrong.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:24 AM   #44
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

What did you guys think about the game? Loved, loved the defense. They were flying all over the place. The offense looked good, but it was FAU. Brantley looked better, BUT he still doesn't impress me. His accuracy downfield or on the move is still poor. I am also not convinced that Rainey/Demps can run between the tackles against SEC defenses.

All in all, I was pleased with the game. They looked better as a whole than they did at ANY time last year.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:01 AM   #45
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18
I think your assessment is a fair one. UF has not/will not lack speed and the d has plenty of it. I think J was right in that the d will only get stronger.

On O, getting Demps and Rainey in space is key. Just dont see them being able to run consistently between the tackles vs the upper tier SEC defenses.

Now granted, I quit paying attention after UF went up 24-0 but I noticed the WR's did a better job of catching and did not see many drops. That should build confidence going forward.

Overall, I think UF gets a solid B+/A- with the D grading out at an A. Also, you guys did not look as sluggish/rusty as we did on O.

Sent from.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 01:20 AM   #46
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Oh, by the way...does anyone know what the deal with Sharrif Floyd is? Very odd the way he was announced as ineligible. UF is being very tight lipped about it.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #47
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Chris Rainey folks:

http://twitter.com/#%21/sjohnsonmedi...84443918036992

Take away those twitter accounts Will...
Old 09-04-2011, 01:05 PM   #48
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

I thought UF looked fairly good last night. My concerns:

- Running between the guards. I just don't think our offensive line showed the ability to open holes. Sure we can say Rainey and Demps are not big enough to run between the tackles, but if they are getting hit in the backfield against FAU that is something I see as a problem that extends beyond the two running backs.

- Tackling - After watching the LSU game then going back and watching the Florida game (DVR), I saw way to many Gators going for big hits with ball carriers bouncing off then I did Tigers. One of the big reasons LSU made Oregon look so bad was their ability to wrap up and tackle in space. We saw some of it last night from the young Gators, but it needs to improve or our YAC is going to be ridiculous this year.

The Good:

Brantley - Maybe I'm just jaded because I've been a fan of his the whole time, but I thought he looked very solid last night. There were only 2/3 times I can remember where his accuracy was off, and more times where I said, "Damn that's a nice pass." I liked his decision making and I like his progression. Ball came out of his hand nicely and he was stepping into throws even when he had pressure.

Rainey & Demps - These guys have both averaged >7YPC their careers at Florida. I was against the Rainey to WR move last year and I'm glad he's back as a full time TB. Like everybody else I would love to have a Thunder to go with all our Lightning, but the roster is what it is and I would be surprised if we don't land a Power Back in the next class.

Defense - I thought our Defense played Gator Defense for the first time since Charlie Strong left. Guys were flying to the ball and playing with intensity. If they can start wrapping up, I think they're in good shape

I'm not worried about the Rainey comment about only running 6 plays. There was no reason for Chuckles to show any more of his hand then he needed to. They needed to go out and look like they made progress and that's exactly what happened. I'm not going to sit here and start calling for SEC Championships, but I think they're headed back in the right direction, which is more then I could say last year.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »