Home

2011 Washington Huskies Discussion

This is a discussion on 2011 Washington Huskies Discussion within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2011, 11:28 PM   #25
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: 2011 Washington Huskies Discussion

Agreed, the team is steadily improving, and I could not have expected to be sitting at 5-1 at this point already. Heading into the season I just wanted 6 wins, and would've been very happy with 7. Right now we should be favored in three games (WSU, OSU, and Arizona). If we were to get to 8 wins, I'd be ecstatic.

The offense has been very consistent, and very good. I'm anxious to see how the line holds up against Stanford's physical defense, and that's going to be the true test of just how good this offense and Keith Price are.

The defense ... well, at least they're getting better. Ducre is stepping up and playing decent in the secondary, and has been a noticeable improvement over Q-Rich. Josh Shirley is getting better and better, though he could end up getting manhandled by Stanford's o-line. I really like Jamaal Kearse, I think he's going to be a very good linebacker.

Overall Sark is showing that he was an amazing hire, and I'm very, very happy with the direction we're going in. I just hope we keep throwing the money at him so he stays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2011, 01:08 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
Loving this team right now. Offense is extremely fun to watch. So nice to actually have a TE now. I think that really helps open up this offense a lot more.

I'm not terribly confident about our chances at Stanford. I think we have a better shot at beating Oregon than Stanford.
I don`t think UW beats Stanford, but they should put some points up on them and keep is close. And yes, UW does have a better shot at beating Oregon. Especially since they catch Oregon the week before they play Stanford. Classic look ahead situation (assuming Stanford wins this week)

If the Dawgs can somehow pull off a W, the electricity in Husky Stadium will be be on fire for the fist time in a long, long time. (for the Oregon game)
Old 10-23-2011, 03:55 PM   #27
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

I always knew the Dawgs were small and slow on D, but man.

Well, brush it off and move on. Sometimes it's good to get hit in the mouth like that.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:59 AM   #28
Banned

OVR: 32

I can't believe this team is still capable of losing by six touchdowns. Even if it's Stanford. Even if it's on the road.

Inexcusable.

Oh well, onward and upward. I think they'll bounce back from this thrashing as a better football team.

Recruiting efforts need to be heavily focused on adding defensive help.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:46 AM   #29
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

It was an embarrassing loss, but I'm not completely flipping out about it. If we come out and lose to Arizona, then that would be an issue, but I think Sark will have these guys ready to go against Arizona. The Stanford loss was terrible, but we're still on a better pace this year than anyone could have realistically expected. 5-2 with 3 games left where we will be favored, plus a toss up against USC ... 8 or 9 wins in the regular season plus a bowl game is way better than the 6 or 7 wins I was thinking before the season started.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:22 AM   #30
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

Huge win. Loved how we were able to overcome so much adversity. Feels great to have so many things seemingly go against us, and still pull out a win. That's huge.

The officials were absolutely horrendous. I haven't seen the crowd get so angry and with so much energy before after some of these calls, especially the Hartvigson "incompletion" and the Fellner targeting hit. We couldn't even hear what the actual call was because the boos were so insanely loud. It was BEAUTIFUL.

I think Chris Polk is the best running back in UW history.

The defense actually played ... ok! And I'm perfectly fine with that. It was frustrating to give up those screens so often, AGAIN, but they made plays, and did what they needed to do. Gave up yardage, but held them to 25 points (since 6 came on the interception). I'd be ECSTATIC to only give up this many points each week.

Very excited to for next week's game. The atmosphere should be absolutely bananas. Not sure how our defense will hold up, but it should just be damn fun to watch.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #31
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

I think this USC game is the biggest game of the year. Way too soon for them to upset Nebraska or Stanford on the road, and they aren't quite there yet to hang with Oregon. This game though, this game will say a lot about this program moving forward. I'm not saying it will be a setback if they lose, just that at this point in the season with the direction the program is heading, a victory here would be very meaningful.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2011, 06:30 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 32

Well, I guess it's quiet in here for good reason.

A 5-1 start has turned into a 6-5 disappointment.

Nick Holt has to be fired after this season. There is NO other way around that. I think if Sark keeps him, they will both lose their jobs next season.

The defense has regressed. Actually, the 2008 defense was better in certain areas. Inexcusable.

Holt has to go.

I won't lie... I'm losing a bit of fath in Sark. He seems to not value defense. He can be a great offensive mind and recruiter but he has to get a coach in here who can get results and he has to start landing some stud defensive recruits.

Otherwise, this program will continue to spin their wheels.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »