Home

2013 Florida Gators

This is a discussion on 2013 Florida Gators within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2013, 04:25 AM   #9
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Toledo gets blown out. Bank on it!
Old 07-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #10
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2013 Florida Gators

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamp Swagger
Toledo gets blown out. Bank on it!
Yes, because we blew out so many teams last year. Until they quit playing this stupid, conservative offense, they won't blow teams out and will have a very small margin for error.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:40 PM   #11
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...152743518.html

I am usually pretty hard on athletes who get in trouble, and based on the first arrest, this guy really doesn't sound like a super cool dude. That being said, I kinda feel for him a little bit on this. You're a kid, you got a little bit of a Star Ego going on, you're chilling at 4:45 in the morning. you see a police dog, you bark at it. I didn't know that barking at a police dog could get you arrested. I figured something like that would get you a stern "get the bleep outta here" or maybe they put you in cuffs and scare you or something, but damn.

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2013, 08:05 PM   #12
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredlib
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...152743518.html

I am usually pretty hard on athletes who get in trouble, and based on the first arrest, this guy really doesn't sound like a super cool dude. That being said, I kinda feel for him a little bit on this. You're a kid, you got a little bit of a Star Ego going on, you're chilling at 4:45 in the morning. you see a police dog, you bark at it. I didn't know that barking at a police dog could get you arrested. I figured something like that would get you a stern "get the bleep outta here" or maybe they put you in cuffs and scare you or something, but damn.
I agree with you, but man that is just dumb on both sides if you ask me.

What you in for bud?

Barking at a dog. Lol
Old 07-26-2013, 04:59 AM   #13
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Will not be surprised to see this team lose the opener to Toledo...not even joking. They struggled with Bowling Green and Louisiana Monroe at home...if they play the same way they will lose. Muschamp has already gone on record as saying this year will be the same approach of grind it out offense and rely on the defense to get it done.
Glad to have you back this year Sports :P

Now that we have that out of the way, let's do this the right way:

Sat, Aug 31 vs Toledo
Sat, Sept 7 @ Miami (FL)
Sat, Sept 21 vs Tennessee
Sat, Sept 28 @ Kentucky
Sat, Oct 5 vs Arkansas
Sat, Oct 12 @ LSU
Sat, Oct 19 @ Missouri
Sat, Nov 2 vs Georgia*
Sat, Nov 9 vs Vanderbilt
Sat, Nov 16 @ South Carolina
Sat, Nov 23 vs Georgia Southern
Sat, Nov 30 vs Florida St

1- They will not lose to Toledo (W)
2- They shouldn't lose to Miami, but I have a feeling Miami in Golden's second year will be sneaky good this year. I expect a 1 possession game, but I think UF finds a way to win. (W)
3- I like Butch a lot, but UT just doesn't have the horses right now to play on Florida's level. (W)
4- I think UK is on the rise with their new HC and in recruiting, but like UT, they don't have the horses (W)
5- Arkansas is another team I think could be sneaky good this year. I'm not sure how their offensive talent (and there is a bit of it there) is going to fit into the "Wisconsin" system, but this could be another good game. (W)
6- I HATE LSU, I HATE LSU, I HATE LSU. They are supposed to be down this year. They are supposed to not have the talent this year. They are supposed to be vulnerable this year. DAMN YOU LES MILES. Death Valley at night, I don't like the smell of this. (L)
7 - LOL Missu (W)
8- I flat out think UGA is a better team this year. The question again this year will all come down to can Aaron Murray play well in a big game. If he does, they should blow UF out, if he doesn't it will be exciting. (L)
9- Ok let's all sleep on James Franklin and Vandy, because clearly they have NO chance to beat the mighty Gators right? I'm picking UF in this game, only because this game is in The Swamp. This should be a good game. (W)
10- @USC, I don't like it. It hasn't been announced yet, but I expect that to be a night game and that place is crazy at night. I think USC and UGA are the two best teams in the east this year and unless Driskell plays like a completely different QB thi year, I'm not sure we beat USC. (L)
11- (W)
12- New D-Coordinator, New starting QB, pummeled last year. (W)

So again I have UF at 9-3 coming out of the regular season and I'm not sure if that's going to be good enough to give Muschamp another year or not. I think more important then their final record is going to be how the team looks with the eye test in regards to Boom keeping his job.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 07-26-2013, 12:49 PM   #14
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoo316
Glad to have you back this year Sports :P

Now that we have that out of the way, let's do this the right way:

Sat, Aug 31 vs Toledo
Sat, Sept 7 @ Miami (FL)
Sat, Sept 21 vs Tennessee
Sat, Sept 28 @ Kentucky
Sat, Oct 5 vs Arkansas
Sat, Oct 12 @ LSU
Sat, Oct 19 @ Missouri
Sat, Nov 2 vs Georgia*
Sat, Nov 9 vs Vanderbilt
Sat, Nov 16 @ South Carolina
Sat, Nov 23 vs Georgia Southern
Sat, Nov 30 vs Florida St

1- They will not lose to Toledo (W)
2- They shouldn't lose to Miami, but I have a feeling Miami in Golden's second year will be sneaky good this year. I expect a 1 possession game, but I think UF finds a way to win. (W)
3- I like Butch a lot, but UT just doesn't have the horses right now to play on Florida's level. (W)
4- I think UK is on the rise with their new HC and in recruiting, but like UT, they don't have the horses (W)
5- Arkansas is another team I think could be sneaky good this year. I'm not sure how their offensive talent (and there is a bit of it there) is going to fit into the "Wisconsin" system, but this could be another good game. (W)
6- I HATE LSU, I HATE LSU, I HATE LSU. They are supposed to be down this year. They are supposed to not have the talent this year. They are supposed to be vulnerable this year. DAMN YOU LES MILES. Death Valley at night, I don't like the smell of this. (L)
7 - LOL Missu (W)
8- I flat out think UGA is a better team this year. The question again this year will all come down to can Aaron Murray play well in a big game. If he does, they should blow UF out, if he doesn't it will be exciting. (L)
9- Ok let's all sleep on James Franklin and Vandy, because clearly they have NO chance to beat the mighty Gators right? I'm picking UF in this game, only because this game is in The Swamp. This should be a good game. (W)
10- @USC, I don't like it. It hasn't been announced yet, but I expect that to be a night game and that place is crazy at night. I think USC and UGA are the two best teams in the east this year and unless Driskell plays like a completely different QB thi year, I'm not sure we beat USC. (L)
11- (W)
12- New D-Coordinator, New starting QB, pummeled last year. (W)

So again I have UF at 9-3 coming out of the regular season and I'm not sure if that's going to be good enough to give Muschamp another year or not. I think more important then their final record is going to be how the team looks with the eye test in regards to Boom keeping his job.
If you look in the other thread, I predicted a 9-3 finish for UF as well. I don't EXPECT them to lose to Toledo, but my point is if they play like they did against BG last year it definitely could happen. Toledo is more explosive than BG for sure and has what it takes.

I understand we have better athletes, etc, but anytime a coach chooses to play grind it out, 1-possession football you are setting yourself up to be upset. I just hate our offense so much...
Old 07-26-2013, 01:33 PM   #15
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

I am still willing to give Boom a chance because I believe it takes time for a coach to get his guys into a program. I'm honestly willing to give him 9-3 as acceptable this year assuming the offense shows improvements. UF didn't have the lineman or backs to play the style he wanted to play and they have limped along for 2 years with the crap they had. They were essentially playing checkers with chess pieces.

Bama's offense isn't built on high octane offense and they seem to do pretty well. I understand as a true Gator fan at heart we have always had teams built around our offense, be it Spurrier or Meyer. I'm willing to give things a shot for another year, especially now that we have a true power back, but we MUST see improvement or I'm on your side of the fence.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #16
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoo316
I am still willing to give Boom a chance because I believe it takes time for a coach to get his guys into a program. I'm honestly willing to give him 9-3 as acceptable this year assuming the offense shows improvements. UF didn't have the lineman or backs to play the style he wanted to play and they have limped along for 2 years with the crap they had. They were essentially playing checkers with chess pieces.

Bama's offense isn't built on high octane offense and they seem to do pretty well. I understand as a true Gator fan at heart we have always had teams built around our offense, be it Spurrier or Meyer. I'm willing to give things a shot for another year, especially now that we have a true power back, but we MUST see improvement or I'm on your side of the fence.
I'm not as far on the 'fire Boom' side of the fence as I was. I have to give him credit for last year...the team way overachieved and he should get credit for that.

I am fine if he builds the team in a 'Bama mold...I just want to watch good football and wins. While yes, I like the high octane offense that I've become accustomed to since the 1980's, winning never gets boring so I don't care how they do it, just do it.

I just feel like Muschamp is tying Pease's hands...open up the offense just a bit and stop trying to win 10-3 or 17-10. We all saw what happens when this team falls behind with the Sugar Bowl.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »