Home

2013 Florida Gators

This is a discussion on 2013 Florida Gators within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2013, 09:05 AM   #57
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2013 Florida Gators

THE TIME TO START GETTING THE KID SOME CONFIDENCE IS NOT 5 MINS TO GO IN THE 4TH QUARTER OF A CLOSE FOOTBALL GAME!!!!!

Seriously, all they talked about yesterday was how great the "gameplan" was yesterday. My ***, Morningwhig is the future and the season is a wash, let him play. 6 passes up to that point is ridiculous.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 11-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #58
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoo316
THE TIME TO START GETTING THE KID SOME CONFIDENCE IS NOT 5 MINS TO GO IN THE 4TH QUARTER OF A CLOSE FOOTBALL GAME!!!!!

Seriously, all they talked about yesterday was how great the "gameplan" was yesterday. My ***, Morningwhig is the future and the season is a wash, let him play. 6 passes up to that point is ridiculous.
Agreed 100%. I was so frustrated watching the game. The kids played their butts off and Muschamp played not to lose…I knew it would bite us. When we had the ball on back to back possessions starting at midfield with 1st and 10 and all we did was hand off three times, I was so disheartened. Not even attempting to 'win' the game at that point…

I read a lot of other Gator forums (don't participate outside of this one), but one thing I think gets missed about those who want Muschamp gone is that I'm not as upset about the results this year as I am the incompetence as a coach.

When we went 7-6 with Meyer, I didn't enjoy it, but I trusted the coach because I knew he's a good coach (and lo and behold he hasn't lost since). I don't trust Muschamp…he has NEVER shown me he can be a head coach. Every game I am left scratching my head with our approach/identity. Can the man coach defense? Absolutely…I love the way our defense plays. Unfortunately, his approach of grind it out and let your defense win games doesn't work long term IMO and is ugly to watch. The only team I can think of that won a national title in the last 15 years on the strength of its defense with a ho-hum offense was 2002 Ohio State…and they had a pretty good running back.

Bottom line, yes, there are injuries this year. I get that…even with the injuries though, the in game decisions by the coaching staff, the lack of discipline and execution by the players, and the lack of any type of offensive identity is IMO a much bigger issue.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:18 PM   #59
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

GET RID OF THIS COACHING STAFF NOW!
Old 11-24-2013, 09:45 AM   #60
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

My calm, day after thoughts on yesterday's game:

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 11-24-2013, 01:33 PM   #61
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoo316
My calm, day after thoughts on yesterday's game:

ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!
But Muschamp needs more chances…it's the injuries, it's the OC, it's Meyer's fault, blah blah blah. Give me a break.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2013, 01:41 PM   #62
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
But Muschamp needs more chances…it's the injuries, it's the OC, it's Meyer's fault, blah blah blah. Give me a break.
People say this? I know they had injuries, but UF has access to the same talent that FSU/Miami can get and they are doing the exact opposite with it.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:12 PM   #63
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Georgia Southern's team had suffered 19 season-ending injuries since fall camp opened.

Florida's injury excuse doesn't work for this game.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:34 PM   #64
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
People say this? I know they had injuries, but UF has access to the same talent that FSU/Miami can get and they are doing the exact opposite with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Georgia Southern's team had suffered 19 season-ending injuries since fall camp opened.

Florida's injury excuse doesn't work for this game.
There is a (well, at least was) a host of Gator fans who LOVE Muschamp and have made so many excuses it's not even funny. The injury one is the one I keep seeing all the time. Sorry, injuries at Florida mean you don't compete for a national title or the SEC, but it doesn't meant you lose to Ga Southern.

The guy is an awful head coach and I'm done letting him learn on our dime.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »