Home

2014 Florida Gators

This is a discussion on 2014 Florida Gators within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2014, 09:39 AM   #73
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2014 Florida Gators

Well we finally found a way not to lose this week. This will be the first and only time I have said this in 4 years, Good Job Muschamp."
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 11-02-2014, 12:43 AM   #74
Gun Slinga

Twenty Four's Arena

OVR: 14

It's gonna be a good week.

@GatorGangB
PSN: GatorGangB
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/GatorGangB
SOS Crew All-Time: (123-71)
2-Time Crew Bowl Loser
Madden 18:
SOS- Lions/Jets
10YF- Cowboys
Old 11-02-2014, 11:12 AM   #75
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9

That was as psychical of a win as you could get. Man handled the dogs on both sides of the ball.....

Go Gators! Much needed win
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2014, 01:52 AM   #76
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

I've never been less excited about beating Georgia them I am this year. Don't get me wrong, I was rooting for the boys in blue during the game and I'm glad they went out there and played with heart, but 6 passing attempts makes me sick to my stomach. Seeing Foley come down to the field Jerry Jones style at the end of the game made it even worse for me. Congrats Foley "your boy" got it done against UGA finally. Oh by the way we're the University of Florida and have a record of 4-3 this season...
Old 11-04-2014, 07:40 PM   #77
Gun Slinga

Twenty Four's Arena

Honestly Amoo, im on the other side of that fence. Given what has happened since January 1, 2013... im thrilled with that performance. I know we only threw 6 times, but I think it was less about "Treon cant throw" and more about "We can pound these guys, why stop?". Team showed more heart than ive seen since LSU 2012. Great win. I know the record is only 4-3. However realistically we can be 7-3 (should be 8-3) heading into Tally.. and if things fall right (Mainly Mizzou losing to UT and TAMU/Arky) we could be SEC E champs. Given how things have gone... that would be a nice finish.

@GatorGangB
2-Time Crew Bowl Loser
Madden 18:
SOS- Lions/Jets
10YF- Cowboys
Old 11-04-2014, 09:01 PM   #78
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Four
Honestly Amoo, im on the other side of that fence. Given what has happened since January 1, 2013... im thrilled with that performance. I know we only threw 6 times, but I think it was less about "Treon cant throw" and more about "We can pound these guys, why stop?". Team showed more heart than ive seen since LSU 2012. Great win. I know the record is only 4-3. However realistically we can be 7-3 (should be 8-3) heading into Tally.. and if things fall right (Mainly Mizzou losing to UT and TAMU/Arky) we could be SEC E champs. Given how things have gone... that would be a nice finish.
I have to give you some credit 24, you are definitely the glass half full member of our thread. I dunno how you do it man.

I dunno man, I understand the meaning behind what you are saying and if we were talking about Mississippi State right now, I might be excited about what you're talking about. I just can't do it though bud. Not with my Gators.

Do I want to see those kids go out there and play with heart and fight and claw their way to victories? Absolutely and I hope I never give any other impression. At the same time do I want this team to nosedive virtually handcuffing Foley into getting rid of Muschamp? I'd be lying if I didn't say yes.

The whole Muschamp era was summed up last week and I commented about it in the week 10 thread. 3 and 1 and the camera zooms to the Florida sidelines, CWM is talking on the headset to the O-Coord reading off his sheet. WHY?!?!?!?!?! Shut up dude and just coach the defense. If you want to make a call to go for it on 4th down, let the o-coord it's 4 down territory...etc. Fine, that's being the head coach. But sitting there with the play sheet acting like you know what you're doing better then guys who have spent their whole careers getting to their positions? No. To further infuriate me, it was later and the same thing was occurring and UF didn't get the play call in to Treon until about 10 seconds left on the play clock and we took a delay of game penalty.... Too bad our Head coach was busy trying to call offensive plays instead of managing the team and watching the clock.

I'm sorry man but we've had too many broken O-coordinators who get to UF and suddenly change their whole play calling scheme to blame anybody else.

Week 1 EMU - 47 Pass Attempts, 39 Rush attempts
Week 2 Kentucky - 44 Pass Attempts, 50 Rush attempts
Week 3 Bama - 28 Pass Attempts, 27 Rush attempts
Week 4 UT - 27 Pass attempts, 48 rush attempts
week 5 LSU - 25 Pass attempts, 32 rush attempts
week 6 Mizzou - 31 Pass attempts, 48 rush attempts
week 7 UGA - 6 Pass attempts, 60 rush attempts
Old 11-04-2014, 10:54 PM   #79
Gun Slinga

Twenty Four's Arena

I agree regarding the coaching situation man. I'm not at all thrilled with Muschamp, nor do I think 1 game gives him a pass. I feel as though he should've been fired on site after LSU/Mizzou. This win even further illustrates the fact that we should not be in this situation. It makes me sick. But just looking at it from a single week perspective, I was incredibly thrilled. At the same time I hope we can run the table leading up to FSU, give them all they can handle, and then go win us a bowl game. Even if we have a nice finish though... we should be in search of a new HC. Anything short of running the table, and Muschamp should be gone.I say that because I know Foley is just WAITING for a reason to keep CWM. I agree with you though, we aren't where we should be, and shouldn't be satisfied with where we are.

@GatorGangB
2-Time Crew Bowl Loser
Madden 18:
SOS- Lions/Jets
10YF- Cowboys
Old 11-04-2014, 11:20 PM   #80
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Jeremy Foley on the sidelines Saturday was his way of giving the finger to the entire fan base…at least IMO.

Look, it was an awesome win…I enjoyed it and even felt good for Muschamp. It doesn't/shouldn't change a darn thing. I want nothing more for Muschamp to become the next Saban…there just doesn't seem to be any home run hire out there, but right now he has run this program into the ground.

Like Amoo mentioned, seeing him talking during play calls just pisses me off to no end. I'll never forget last year in the FSU game…a 3rd and medium situation and you saw Pease come up to Muschamp and say "can I throw the ball" and Muschamp said "No, I want the FG". That epitomizes his offensive approach and it sucks.

I am pulling hard for Florida to win out, somehow win the SEC East, and then the SEC…even if that happened, IMO, he needs to be gone.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »