Home

2015 Florida Gators

This is a discussion on 2015 Florida Gators within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-31-2015, 07:31 PM   #57
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: 2015 Florida Gators

The really sad part is, our formula for winning is currently

1 score on special teams

1 score from the defense

1 score from the offense

Sadly, if we don't get one of those, we probably don't win. We can't kick a field goal so that's out. Harris and Hardin are competing out there for world player on the team. Sad part is both Brissett and Driskell are other places playing decent.

The good news is we only have to win 1 of Vandy or SC and the East is ours. Honestly at this point I'd take splitting those two games. FSU looked good today with Golston out, if they stick with that kid for the UF game we may be in trouble there. Either way we pretty much punched out ticket to ATL today, all that's left is to show up when the train arrives.

Hard to complain considering where we started the year regardless of how it plays out from here.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 11-01-2015, 06:14 PM   #58
Pro

RoyHahn's Arena

OVR: 0

Just got back from Jacksonville. Having been there (not that that necessarily gives me any special insight as opposed to watching on TV), I believe the game was not as close as the score suggested. Yes, you read that right. Aside from a couple nice drives from them, we dominated them on all fronts. I was even more proud to be a Gator than usual. I believe we are a playoff-caliber team. And I had us going 7-5 this year.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:33 PM   #59
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

Our defense is playoff caliber.

Our special teams is playoff caliber.

Our kicker will cost us a game this year, my best is SC or fsu.

Harris gets worse and worse every time he plays, I Really dislike him as our only current option. I only assume both our backups are sitting on redshirts, hate to burn one, but depending on how he plays down the stretch we may need to.

So basically even if we got our 3 required scores, we're not good enough to compete with top teams who are good in all 3 phases.
Old 11-02-2015, 09:17 AM   #60
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9

Harris didn't play well in the Georgia game but all I'm saying is be damn careful what you wish for.... We have almost no depth at Qb besides for guys who are just there to fill up the spot

Our back up is Josh Grady and RS SR from Vandy who was a Wr who moved to Qb. You might as well get behind Harris because if he goes down we have absolutely zero pass game...

Hopefully Harris picks it up
Old 11-02-2015, 01:43 PM   #61
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

@LSU 17-32 that's 53%
VS UGA 8-19 that's 42%

His only saving grace right now is his throws are so far off that not even the defenders are able to catch them.

We ran the ball 48 times and threw it 19. There's no good way to spin it, he's not been good. The only thing keeping him in the game is the fact he hasn't started turning it over. He looks to his first read, if the guy is "covered" he takes off. He's not going through progression and has no concept of a check down. I literally lost track of how many times he had a check down to a back when he didn't even bother to look to that side of the field and started doing Treon Harris things running around like a chicken.

We're literally winning in spite of him right now.

Off Topic here:

Scarlett is going to be a stud. Cronkrite looks good too, but Scarlett is a beast.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2015, 06:43 PM   #62
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
2015 Florida Gators

Florida is not going to use anyone but Harris plain and simple ....... You can bank on that. Until Grier is back he's our guy
Old 11-05-2015, 09:58 AM   #63
Gun Slinga

Twenty Four's Arena

OVR: 14

Grier: Filed the appeal finally. My hope of maybe getting him back this season at some point is down to almost nothing, but I'm fully confident in that he'll miss 0 time in 2016 and that's a blessing.

Uniforms for Vandy: Possibly a return of the white helmets is a big rumor out there. We'll see.

Recruiting: Mac is just killing it on the trail. Watch for Eli Stove & Tre Nixon (WRs) to commit soon. Stove maybe even pops on Saturday. With 5-Star QB Eason opening up his recruitment, Florida is a player there. Michigan & UF are UGA's biggest competition for that one. Could be huge there.

As far as the actual play on the field goes, man I'm proud of this defense. However I'm worried about the lapses in coverage we are having. It's like guys are failing to communicate back there. LSU tool advantage of it, and ending up winning, UGA couldn't and we're kept off the board as far as TDs go. I think we win out, but if we don't fix that before Atlanta, that one could get ugly. Also, man... Tonio Callaway. Called it in me predictions thread, we got a great one fellas. 81 is one hell of a ball player, saved Treon's *** twice last week. As far as back up QBs go, the cupboard is empty guys. We don't have anything worth swapping in for Treon. Need to hit on a couple 2016 QBs before we get Jake Allen in 2017.

Go Gators

@GatorGangB
PSN: GatorGangB
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/GatorGangB
SOS Crew All-Time: (123-71)
2-Time Crew Bowl Loser
Madden 18:
SOS- Lions/Jets
10YF- Cowboys
Old 11-05-2015, 03:39 PM   #64
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

I know we're in the running for Eason, but I have a really really tough time seeing that one happening. Maybe he'll shock me, but knowing Grier will be there and knowing Allen is coming in 17, I feel it's a much safer bet he ends up in Ann Arbor or UGA.

If it was me, even as a Gator fan, and I'm in his shoes, I'm headed to Ann Arbor. Ask me that as an 18 year old though and it's probably a different answer. We'll see, but I'm not holding out much hope. I'm actually pretty happy with bringing in Trask to potentially be a career backup and go from there.

Good call on Callaway at the beginning of the season 24. The next stud WR from Miami area has arrived and we finally got him. I'm stoked about his upside. I know he's explosive on special teams, but I'm hoping we can get him away from returning kicks/punts next season to keep him healthy. He's a legit difference maker back there though, and it's about winning games.

I'm also looking forward to Mark Thompson. With a backfield next season of Taylor, Cronk, Scarlett and Thompson, we're going to start looking like LSU teams of years past. I just can't believe how badly Muschamp wanted to ground and pound, and as soon as he's gone we bring in 3 legit grinders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »