Home

2016 Florida Gators

This is a discussion on 2016 Florida Gators within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2016, 11:04 PM   #33
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: 2016 Florida Gators

I know a lot of people will be down on the team's performance, and there was a lot to improve on, but there was a lot of good:

1) Del Rio - really showed a lot of poise, pocket presence, and accuracy. 28-42 with quite a few drops.

2) 3rd down - offense was 9-17 and defense held UMass to 1-11.

3) No turnovers.

4) Kicking game - Pineiro was amazing on kick offs and field goals.

Now, for improvements:

1) The offense. Not nearly enough down the field passing...first pass play was a streak to Callaway, but after that they didn't go down field ONCE. They must throw deep to Callaway/Powell in order to soften up the defense.

2) The O-line - really a poor performance. I don't understand how for the last 10 years we haven't gotten this fixed, but it has to get better. They missed block after block and got beaten on the edges multiple times.

3) Penalties - this was just frustrating. The only drive that UMass had any success we extended the drive 3 times on penalties. Several offensive drives stalled due to penalties.

4) The punt return team - just a lot of stupid mistakes that shouldn't happen. Nothing bit us, but it was just sloppy.

All in all, I give the grade a C+, but I'm just excited that we have a QB we can work with. I'm confident the rest of it will work itself out.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:47 AM   #34
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

I said in the preseason I might be more excited to have a kicker then a Quarterback, I stand by that after watching the game tonight. Our o-line is GARBAGE again this year. We honestly have had any talent their since the Pounceys left. Not sure it matters who we put behind center if our line plays like that this year we're going to need big plays on special teams all year to make any noise at all.

I honestly didn't personally see enough of Del Rio tonight to form an opinion one way or the other. Was watching the Dawgs/UNC game hoping to tune into a blow out by the time I turned our game on.
NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey
Old 09-05-2016, 07:55 AM   #35
Gun Slinga

Twenty Four's Arena

OVR: 14

Would like to have seen a blowout, but the were some positives.

1) Mac was just getting reps. We threw 44(?) Times in the rain... That's not how it's normally going to work fellas. It was pretty clear we could've ran right threw them all night. But mac chose to let it rip 44 times. It was in the rain, so you're going to see drops and you're going to see less down field action.
2) Luke is petty much what I expected. He's not great, but he's a smart and safe QB, with a balanced rushing attack, I think he can be serviceable this season.
3) Scarlett is the guy, imo. He's been in the doghouse with Mac for being fumble prone, but it looks like he's about to take off this year.
4) OL is dog **** in pass pro. Looked a little better when Taylor was swapped for Johnson at tackle, but still very very very bad.. Run block wise, they're not bad at all.
5) Really hope Nick Washington & Daniel McMillian get shuffled out. 2 liabilities in coverage man... Geez.
6) Zuniga in my opinion took Sherit's spot last night.. kid is an animal.
7) Grab a drink if were kicking a FG under 50 yards fellas. Eddy Odell Kickem Pinero is that deal.

Go gators.

@GatorGangB
PSN: GatorGangB
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/GatorGangB
SOS Crew All-Time: (123-71)
2-Time Crew Bowl Loser
Madden 18:
SOS- Lions/Jets
10YF- Cowboys
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2016, 08:03 AM   #36
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

This must be how Auburn fans usually feel. Our offense is kinda meh, our defense is decent, but if we get it past mid field we're getting 3 points.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:31 PM   #37
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

It's quiet in here...I know it's Kentucky, but that was the most impressive, all around performance from a Gator team in an SEC game since 2009. I loved the offense and the defense was nasty. I hate that we have to wait two more weeks to go to Knoxville...I'm just ready to get that game on now.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:39 AM   #38
Gun Slinga

Twenty Four's Arena

OVR: 14

Headed to The 'Ville this weekend...cautiously optimistic about our SEC Championship game chances. UGA is just okay, LSU looks to be in shambles, I think we have the defense to beat Arky. Going to come down to the game in Knoxville.... No idea what to expect, but hopefully we can touch some things up this Saturday.

One impressive stat: Luke did not get TOUCHED after the 1st drive last weekend... Taylor looks nice at tackle.

Also, this is the deepest backfield we've ever had... ever. If we get through this game in Knoxville lookout for Florida.

@GatorGangB
PSN: GatorGangB
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/GatorGangB
SOS Crew All-Time: (123-71)
2-Time Crew Bowl Loser
Madden 18:
SOS- Lions/Jets
10YF- Cowboys
Old 09-12-2016, 08:10 AM   #39
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9

Florida has a great chance to win the East not only because we look like we could be decent but because we have a better schedule than Tennessee. Even if we lost to them the Vols still have to play Alabama and Texas A&M who looks like they be a decent team

I think Kentucky is down right horrible this year but the offense we had last year would have probably kept it a much closer. Our defense is still good enough to keep us in any game ...... LSU still appears to have no Qb, Arkansas still has zero pass defense, and the Vols still can't pass the ball(most of the time they don't have to) but we should stand a good chance in all those games

Just ready to play the Vols already lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2016, 07:07 PM   #40
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

Well the line play looked much improved this week. Then I remember we played Kentucky.

Del Rio looked decent, but I'm almost certain he knows where he is going to throw the ball before the snap. Not much reading of the defense or going through progressions from him yet. A better secondary will get after him if he doesn't improve here, but this is pretty common with young QBs. I like his footwork though and the throws he does make at least give our receivers a shot to make a play.

I really wanted to see how Del Rio played with a dirty pocket, but man the UK pass rush was terrible. I'd have to look at the stats, but I'd be shocked if he was pressured even 5 times all game.

I really like our stable of running backs, but I'm not a big fan of Mark Thompson. I don't know what it is, but it just feels to me like he has very little burst. Takes him forever to get to and through the line of scrimmage and not because he's dancing. I'm, personally still high on Cronkrite with Scarlett backing him up, but wouldn't be surprised if by mid season Perine overtakes at least Scarlett if not both.

Hopefully we don't sleep on UNT like we did UMass and actually play a full 60 minutes. Really think we're going to need to be firing on all cylinders headed into Knoxville. I think we have a great shot against the Vols as I still think they look like a deer in headlights in big moments. I'll be watching both teams very closely this weekend to see if UT finally woke up, or simply rode the wave of emotion after the massive turnover fest that was VaTech and they revert to being who they have been under Butch the entire time. A team that plays scared to win.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »