Home

2016 Florida Gators

This is a discussion on 2016 Florida Gators within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2016, 02:40 PM   #65
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: 2016 Florida Gators

Good news UGA and Arkansas don't look to be that good

Bad news LSU is catching fire while both Arkansas and Georgia get a extra week to prepare for us

All will still be tough games but it looked much harder a week or so ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2016, 10:39 PM   #66
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

2016 Florida Gators

Few thoughts after seeing the Gators in person

1. Del Rio needs to be benched for anybody else. During pre game the freshmen Qb's were throwing darts all over.... I know that means nothing but just seeing them it looked like the are just much better from a physical stand point. Del Rio just isn't good and it's clear why he never started much anywhere else

2. Defense is not elite by any means. We are good-sometimes great at best when we play the weaker teams. When we go against the tougher teams like Tennessee or Arkansas today we fold..... Defense is gonna take a huge hit next year just wait and see

3. Callaway is a playmaker when the ball is in his hands. But his catching is average at best..... He constantly fumbles on returns or drops it. Even we he catches passes from the Qb he always seems to sorta bobble the catch

4.Coach Mac doesn't appear to be anything special

I could go on but after we walked nearly 10 miles today that's about all I wanted to type/vent about lol

Last edited by Swamp Swagger; 11-05-2016 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:17 PM   #67
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

Luke Del Rio had injured shoulder in the Arkansas and word is he's done for the year. Davis is in question for the year, Anzolone is done for the year, Dillard is done

Injuries are mounting and it's to late to wanna burn a redshirt on a new Qb. I wouldn't be surprised if South Carolina beats us

Old 11-20-2016, 08:56 AM   #68
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

2016 Florida Gators

So damn proud of the Gators for this win. We finally saw a team that didn't fold against a team that hit back. A team that was called scared and told they stood no chance in Death Valley ..... O-Line struggled a bit in pass protection but in the run game they were opening holes along with Scarlett running like some kind of monster. The guy simply would not go down. Perine had this one run where he carried LSU defenders 10+ yards

So many young guys made plays on offense and defense. Cleveland with the 98 yard touchdown where he slung the defender off his back, Perine runs, young guys on defense stepping up for injured leaders especially at linebacker

Even if we hadn't won the East this game was just special. That goal line stand is one for the ages

Last edited by Swamp Swagger; 11-20-2016 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-21-2016, 04:59 PM   #69
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

https://youtu.be/CqVCzsFwamU

Old 11-27-2016, 10:09 AM   #70
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Disappointing end to an up and down regular season. If I can use a baseball analogy, the problem with our offense is we are a singles hitting offense. There is no home run threat and we have to mount 10+ play drives...that isn't sustainable. Until we get a QB who can pose a threat down field, this team will continue to struggle. I pray Franks or Trask is the answer, but who knows. I've been pretty disappointed in Mac's ability to "adjust" with what he has.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:10 PM   #71
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

I believe we have some good young talent on offense we just need one of those young Qb's to come in next year and get us over this hump we have been on for a while

We have two good young receivers in Callaway and Cleveland, Two good runningbacks in Scarlett and Perine along with a very young O-line

There was plenty of plays that our offense just left out there tonight. That fourth down should have been a touchdown if Scarlett simply picked up his block. Another play had Appleby thrown the ball on time to Callaway(kid can't catch) he would have scored or been or been on the one.....

Year three will be the year what coach Mac really is in my opinion

Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »