Home

2016 Michigan Wolverines | BAUGH SO HAR

This is a discussion on 2016 Michigan Wolverines | BAUGH SO HAR within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2016, 06:15 PM   #9
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: 2016 Michigan Wolverines | BAUGH SO HAR

JBC with the stern walkoff in the presser when pushed about the suspensions to Ahmir Mitchell and Shelton Johnson. Uff.

What a couple of clowns, too. Mitchell can't even make it a full year without ****ing up?
Old 08-26-2016, 12:01 AM   #10
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

I went on record in the Predictions thread that Michigan will go 11-1 this year in the regular season with their loss @Iowa. Certainly not an opinion that I expect everyone to share, Sparty and OSU certainly will have something to say about it, but I have a good feeling that this will happen and we will avenge that loss in the B1G Championship Game. A lot will hinge on QB play, of course.

Kickoff in 9 days! Go Blue!
Old 08-28-2016, 10:00 PM   #11
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

So...some things.

1. Looks like Speight is the QB. Mildly surprised, but not as much as some people, who are borderline panicking because they bought into the hype about O'Korn.

2. Looking like Ben Bredeson will be the LT. Groan for having another true freshman play on the OL...but Bredeson is probably the best OL prospect Michigan has landed in quite some time (even including Kyle Kalis, who I maintain would be a much different player if he hadn't had to endure Darrell Funk for the first three years of his career). Mason Cole was serviceable at LT as a true freshman two years ago; I believe Bredeson will be a slight step above that.

3. Assuming the rumors are true, I will be rooting against Ahmir Mitchell wherever he ends up. That kid's a scumbag. I hope U-M runs into him down the road and targets him.

4. Will this be the best year for tight ends in Michigan history? Butt/Bunting/Asiasi/Hill/Wheatley....I wouldn't be surprised if even Gentry finds the field in the redzone.

5. My god, less than a week away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2016, 10:49 PM   #12
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

Whoever we start at QB, Hawai'i should be a nice way to ease that guy in. The same Hawai'i that gave up 51 points to Cal on Friday and let Texas Tech transfer Davis Webb throw for 4 TDs and 441 yards (88.1 QBR). They also allowed 189 yards on the ground (5.4 YPC, not adjusted for sacks) for good measure.

We probably won't know what we have at QB until B1G play opens against PSU on 9/24.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:12 AM   #13
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Speight won me over against Minnesota last year so if he's really the starter, than all is well.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 08-30-2016, 10:59 PM   #14
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

In case anyone is interested, I wrote words:

https://t.co/BVbT6iflOh
Old 08-31-2016, 10:53 PM   #15
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

I've been awash in a flood of content over on MGoBlog this week and my goodness, Fall Saturdays can't get here fast enough.

Of course there are some question marks (QB, LT and the OL generally, LB, Safety), but this is as loaded of a Michigan team as I can remember going back to at least Lloyd Carr.

Jabrill Peppers, Rashan Gary, Taco Charlton, Chris Wormley, Ryan Glasgow, Maurice Hurst, Bryan Mone, Jourdan Lewis, De'Veon Smith, Jehu Chesson, Amara Darboh, Jake Butt, Mason Cole, and Eric Magnuson are all guys that will play on Sunday sooner or later.

Pretty much everyone else on the 2-deep could be adequate to surprisingly good as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 11:11 PM   #16
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

I don't view Magnuson as much of an NFL player at all. Another case of being poisoned by multiple years of Hoke/Funk "coaching." Drevno is amazing, but he can only do so much with damaged goods.

That always makes me circle back to Kalis. That kid was universally lauded by people in the state of Ohio as one of the best college prospects to come through Ohio on the OL in years - and this was from partisan OSU fans after he flipped to Michigan. Unless I'm misremembering, St. Ed's plays in a highly regarded league in Ohio, and Kalis was a wrecking ball. He was a top priority recruit for pretty much any program that you associate with "power football": Alabama, Iowa, Wisconsin, LSU, MSU, etc. Urban made a HUGE push to get him on campus after he took the OSU job (remember Hoke's silly rule of dropping a recruit if he visited elsewhere). There were absolutely no red flags or indications that said Kalis would be completely ****ing clueless on a football field. In one of the videos on MGoBlog's OL preview yesterday, Kalis is pulling around as a lead blocker....and ends up blocking Mason Cole's ***!! He turned what would've been a 10-12 yard gain into about 4-5.

If Kalis had been under Harbaugh/Drevno tutelage from the start, I absolutely believe he would've been a different player. He's had back issues, which generally mean doom for an OL, but three crucial, formative years under Darrell Funk, the worst assistant coach to ever darken the hallways in Ann Arbor, ruined this kid.

Last edited by Psyblast; 08-31-2016 at 11:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »