Home

2017 Florida Gators

This is a discussion on 2017 Florida Gators within the College Football Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2017, 11:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2017 Florida Gators

LSU's WRs are gonna surprise alot of teams. We have some young studs, big and tall. We also moved a 5* true freshman safety to WR.
Old 09-03-2017, 01:09 PM   #10
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

I don't even know what to say...I haven't been this disappointed in this program in a LONG time.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:38 PM   #11
Gator Bait

Swamp Swagger's Arena

OVR: 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2017, 10:28 PM   #12
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Finally

NBA: Heat
NCAA: Florida & Miss State
NFL: Whichever team currently has the most of my favorite college players
NHL: Caps
Tennis: The Joker & Sloane Stevens
WWE: Dean Ambrose
Misc: Anybody wearing a Team USA jersey

Last edited by Amoo316; 10-29-2017 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:51 AM   #13
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Sigh...I'm tired of saying this for almost the last decade, but thank goodness Gator hoops is here.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:57 AM   #14
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Sigh...I'm tired of saying this for almost the last decade, but thank goodness Gator hoops is here.
I feel ya. I'm very thankful MS St is having a very good season for them. Gives me cause to tune in weekly.

Either way Shannon is a key kog in recruiting in South FL so I hope we don't lose him outright, but he's not HC material.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:56 AM   #15
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

So I want to take a few minutes to go a bit more in depth with you guys here in our forum about the kind of coach we're getting in Dan Mullen. As many of you know I LOVE both MSU and UF football, but that wasn't always the case. I grew up a UF fan, and was a UF fan in the Navy, but after I got out I found myself working and eventually meeting my wife and going back to school on campus in Starkville.

My First year of going to MS St games was the last year of the Sylvester Croom era of MS St. I went to one game and it was the 6-3 loss vs. Auburn. Now I had always been a proud Gator fan, at the time I really didn't care much about this sad team I was watching play in front of me. I was a snob if you will. Watching passing plays where receivers on the opposite side of the read would take a few steps and stand there, this wasn't football. Not my football anyways. The program was God awful and I didn't go to another game all season long and didn't bother to even watch much. The players didn't care, the program didn't care and as an outside fan, I didn't care.

Then in the off-season it was announced Mullen was coming to Starkville. You guys know I am a coaches and coordinators guy and my belief in Dan Mullen has always been part of what I felt made Meyer so successful at every stop. The mad scientist behind the wheel while Urban took the spotlight. I decided the following year I would give it a shot again. I went to the first game and it was night and day. I don't remember which cupcake State was playing, but there was a different atmosphere on the field.

That atmosphere stayed with me as I fell deeper and deeper in love with the program and building tradition at MS State. I've literally watched every game Dan Mullen has coached at MS State and had been in the stands, in the student section for many in the very beginning.

So what's the point of all this, why am I rambling about falling in love with Ms State to you guys? It really, in my eyes, encompasses when Dan Mullen is all about as a person, coach and the type of program and environment he creates. I'm not naive enough to sit here and tell you guys that we're going to go out next year and put up 40 a game and win a NC. I know what kind of problems Mullen is walking into, but I'm not sure you guys really understand how bad a job State was when he took it over.

Mullen is special. If you told me right now I had to pick one coach in the country to run the Florida Gators for the next 10 years and asked me who I would pick, the answer I would give you would be Dan Mullen. His age at 45, his loyalty after 9 years in Starkville and his track record really make me believe that. I didn't want Chip Kelly who may be here for 4/5 years, Saban is done after Bama, I want OUR next Steve Spurrier. I want a guy who I trust really just wants to be here AND a guy I believe in that can get the job done.

I've seen first hand the type of impact Mullen has on and off the field for a program and I would bet anything this is not going to be like Muschamp and McElwain where we're all in here divided on our faith or belief we have the guy. By the time we leave Starkville next year on September 29th, a game we very well should lose on paper, I would be surprised if all of you guys weren't on-board. We've got our guy, it's time to have some fun again and time to again be proud to be a Florida Gator.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2017, 09:31 AM   #16
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoo316
So I want to take a few minutes to go a bit more in depth with you guys here in our forum about the kind of coach we're getting in Dan Mullen. As many of you know I LOVE both MSU and UF football, but that wasn't always the case. I grew up a UF fan, and was a UF fan in the Navy, but after I got out I found myself working and eventually meeting my wife and going back to school on campus in Starkville.

My First year of going to MS St games was the last year of the Sylvester Croom era of MS St. I went to one game and it was the 6-3 loss vs. Auburn. Now I had always been a proud Gator fan, at the time I really didn't care much about this sad team I was watching play in front of me. I was a snob if you will. Watching passing plays where receivers on the opposite side of the read would take a few steps and stand there, this wasn't football. Not my football anyways. The program was God awful and I didn't go to another game all season long and didn't bother to even watch much. The players didn't care, the program didn't care and as an outside fan, I didn't care.

Then in the off-season it was announced Mullen was coming to Starkville. You guys know I am a coaches and coordinators guy and my belief in Dan Mullen has always been part of what I felt made Meyer so successful at every stop. The mad scientist behind the wheel while Urban took the spotlight. I decided the following year I would give it a shot again. I went to the first game and it was night and day. I don't remember which cupcake State was playing, but there was a different atmosphere on the field.

That atmosphere stayed with me as I fell deeper and deeper in love with the program and building tradition at MS State. I've literally watched every game Dan Mullen has coached at MS State and had been in the stands, in the student section for many in the very beginning.

So what's the point of all this, why am I rambling about falling in love with Ms State to you guys? It really, in my eyes, encompasses when Dan Mullen is all about as a person, coach and the type of program and environment he creates. I'm not naive enough to sit here and tell you guys that we're going to go out next year and put up 40 a game and win a NC. I know what kind of problems Mullen is walking into, but I'm not sure you guys really understand how bad a job State was when he took it over.

Mullen is special. If you told me right now I had to pick one coach in the country to run the Florida Gators for the next 10 years and asked me who I would pick, the answer I would give you would be Dan Mullen. His age at 45, his loyalty after 9 years in Starkville and his track record really make me believe that. I didn't want Chip Kelly who may be here for 4/5 years, Saban is done after Bama, I want OUR next Steve Spurrier. I want a guy who I trust really just wants to be here AND a guy I believe in that can get the job done.

I've seen first hand the type of impact Mullen has on and off the field for a program and I would bet anything this is not going to be like Muschamp and McElwain where we're all in here divided on our faith or belief we have the guy. By the time we leave Starkville next year on September 29th, a game we very well should lose on paper, I would be surprised if all of you guys weren't on-board. We've got our guy, it's time to have some fun again and time to again be proud to be a Florida Gator.
Great post (and I always wondered how you became an MSU guy). Look, I am beyond thrilled with Mullen (and after his presser yesterday, even more so). I've said it for a while now, but the day he left our campus is the day our offense went south. It was okay in 2009 because we had Tebow/Harvin, but even that season it drove me crazy. From 2010 on it has been a train wreck. Mullen is the guy who will fix that. Beyond that, however, I'm thrilled to have a coach who is excited to be in the job and who I know will represent the school at the highest level. I was intrigued by Kelly, but there was always a side of me that cringed...he's not a likable character and I wouldn't expect he'd stay at Florida for long.

Mullen is 45, is full of energy, and is exactly what this program needs...plus, he wears a visor, which is a must for a Florida coach!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football > College Football Official Team Threads »