Home

Extremely disturbing University of Washington Scandal

This is a discussion on Extremely disturbing University of Washington Scandal within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #33
Supporter

SlimKibbles's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Extremely disturbing University of Washington Scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Why is it no surprise that you're not outraged.
Yeah, really. I was going to say that after all of that the only thing he saw was that the thread was started by a Wazzu fan?
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NHL: Calgary Flames

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"The wisest men follow their own direction." - Euripides
Old 01-28-2008, 09:00 PM   #34
Banned

dopeboy206's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimKibbles
Yeah, really. I was going to say that after all of that the only thing he saw was that the thread was started by a Wazzu fan?
No but on a serious note. I did read the article and not trying to defend UW I bet there are lot of other top notch programs out there who cover up stuff all the time. They just haven't been caught. UW is just not slick with it. They weren't then when they had the probation and no bowl games for 2 seasons and they aren't now. It's not all Rick's fault that these players commited these sinful acts. Even though alot of people dislike Rick I felt like he had the huskies in the right direction. Barbara Hedges shouldn't even let him go. Rick Nieuheissel knows how to recruit. Don't be surprised if UCLA wins a national title within the next 5 years. I wouldn't be.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:01 PM   #35
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeboy206
No but on a serious note. I did read the article and not trying to defend UW I bet there are lot of other top notch programs out there who cover up stuff all the time. They just haven't been caught. UW is just not slick with it. They weren't then when they had the probation and no bowl games for 2 seasons and they aren't now. It's not all Rick's fault that these players commited these sinful acts. Even though alot of people dislike Rick I felt like he had the huskies in the right direction. Barbara Hedges shouldn't even let him go. Rick Nieuheissel knows how to recruit. Don't be surprised if UCLA wins a national title within the next 5 years. I wouldn't be.
It is Rick's fault that he didn't punish them and allowed them to do whatever they wanted while they were on the team.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2008, 09:20 PM   #36
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Hilarious. So we should all look at UW the same as any other school...they just got caught? Way to turn a blind eye. Like I said earlier, while the blame falls on the coaches and the AD for not booting their asses off the team, the county should be the most to blame for having corrupt people in office that sweep stuff like this under the rug because they are university supporters.

Also, so because Rick "Nieuheissel" can recruit, all his forgiven?! He (plus the DA and AD) knowingly let thugs like Stevens and Pharms play because it was good for the football program. I mean hey, Pharms did shoot a drug dealer. Stevens did "just knock his ole lady around" like I've heard a few Husky supporters say. Success on the field is the only thing that matters right?

If this happened at Washington State, I'd be just as shocked and disgusted.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:27 PM   #37
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
I agree all other schools have their own bullsh*t to cover up. But I don't see too many university's covering up rape. Had them in the right direction? In whose mind? B/C they won games? They won a rose bowl but had countless off the field problems including rape and near murder. No, it wasn't Ricks fault, but it was his fault that he didn't punish these kids. And also seems to value wins more than the players themselves. It seems your a fan that really doesn't care about that as long as the wins pile up. That my friend, is truly sickening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 01-28-2008, 09:36 PM   #38
Sideshow Bob!

throwmonkey's Arena

OVR: 8

A lot of this stuff had been in the news 7 years ago. There are a few new details but nothing major.

Yes Stevens is scum (more so than earlier though which is surprising that he could wind up any lower). Yes, Neuheisal and Hedges ran a loose program (not a newsflash). None of those people are affiliated with the University of Washington anymore (and good riddance).

Why is the Seattle Times choosing to drag up these old and for the most part previously reported on stories 7 years after the fact when all the principles are at least 3 years removed from the university? If it was to highlight the corruption in the DA's office the stories aren't written that way. It can't have anything to do with furthering the idea of the "you can't have a clean program that wins" mentality shown by the very soon to be former AD Todd Turner and many of the supporters of the 11-25 Tyrone Willingham can it?
Old 01-28-2008, 09:47 PM   #39
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwmonkey
Why is the Seattle Times choosing to drag up these old and for the most part previously reported on stories 7 years after the fact when all the principles are at least 3 years removed from the university?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
Just a bit of background information. King County's (where UW and Seattle are) lead prosecutor was a longtime UW supporter. He is the main guy behind all these coverups. He recently died so his sealed files are finally starting to become uncovered.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 01-28-2008, 09:50 PM   #40
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshiznetno1
dude, did you expect him to read it all or something?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »