Home

2,000 days since Michigan's last win over Ohio State...

This is a discussion on 2,000 days since Michigan's last win over Ohio State... within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2009, 05:53 AM   #25
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: 2,000 days since Michigan's last win over Ohio State...

Funny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2009, 10:49 AM   #26
Bearer of the curse

Pokes's Arena

OVR: 19

Funny, but this makes me miss the Cooper years, it was back then when down here Buck fans were mythical.

NCAA: Oklahoma State Cowboys - Michigan Wolverines
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: Houston Rockets
MLB: Houston Astros
PSN: Kaiserwilson
Old 05-22-2009, 11:41 AM   #27
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by injunwal
Why is this so classless? I am a Michigan season ticket holder and even I had to laugh. There is nothing wrong with some good ribbing between the best rivalry in the sport. Not too mentin it was a group of fans and not the University directly.

Live it up while you can, I know I was sure loving the Cooper years.
I thought it was funny too. I agree with Laettner about this just being a byproduct of rivalries. Only way to shut them up is to beat them!
Old 05-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #28
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laettner32
Don't worry about all these Bittermen. Among them you have an 0U fan, and a Michigan fan. Both of which have been on the losing end the past few years to their fiercest rival. Yes ZeroU fan, if you had a choice, you know you would rather beat Texas than OSU.

To the victor, goes the spoils. When 0U was beating Texas 5 or 6 straight times, trust me..Longhorn fan heard all about it. Now that ZeroU has lost 3 of 4 to us...Viethoma swears it's about class, acting like you been there b4, it's just for fun...blah, blah, blah...No matter the rivalry, whichever team is getting their a$$'$ kicked..they always wanna keep it clean and classy...until they start winning.
You're right, I would rather beat Texas than OSU. That being said, I would also rather win the Big 12 conference than beat Texas.

Over the past 10 years Texas is tied with Colorado, Texas A&M, Nebraska, and K-state for Big 12 titles. OU has more Big 12 titles then all of those schools combined during the same stretch.

I get a good kick out of it when Texas fans trash OU regardless of the topic. OU has owned Texas and the Big 12 for the past decade. It's obvious the Sooners are under Longhorn fans skin or OU wouldn't be brought up by Texas fans in threads that have nothing to do about OU.

You're right though. It is all in fun....*****.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder

Last edited by BigDofBA; 05-22-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #29
Banned

Laettner32's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDofBA
You're right, I would rather beat Texas than OSU. That being said, I would also rather win the Big 12 conference than beat Texas.

Over the past 10 years Texas is tied with Colorado, Texas A&M, Nebraska, and K-state for Big 12 titles. OU has more Big 12 titles then all of those schools combined during the same stretch.

I get a good kick out of it when Texas fans trash OU regardless of the topic. OU has owned Texas and the Big 12 for the past decade. It's obvious the Sooners are under Longhorn fans skin or OU wouldn't be brought up by Texas fans in threads that have nothing to do about OU.

That's what I'm talking 'bout! We'll see you in Dallas, whip y'all AGAIN by double digits, and this time Brown won't take his foot of Baylors throat when we're up by 14.

P.S. I love it how DKR Memorial stadium in Austin has the State Capitol as a backdrop along with the lush green hills of the central Texas hill country. Oklaraq has a grain elevator with "Gaylord" written on it. Maybe you could put all the years 0U has been on probation for recruiting violations on it. Advantage, Texas.

Last edited by Laettner32; 05-25-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:50 PM   #30
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:

LOL which program has gone undefeated and won the NC more recently? Which program has won a major BCS bowl more recently (3 of them)? Which program has won 3 out of 4 against the other?

Gooner fans surely do love their tainted conference title from last season, handed to them while on probation again, that most people outside of Okieland realize wasnt deserved. The Sooners proved they didnt deserve the benefit of the doubt by laying yet another egg in their BCS game.

Texas won their trophies last season ON THE FIELD. 0U cant say the same

4 out of 5 will be sweet for Texas this next season. I particularly look forward to the "style points" Texas is going to run up that day. Im sure Muschamp cant wait to get a shot at that weak sooner offensive line and deer in the headlights QB...but enjoy your tainted conference title, it's probably the last one 0U is going to win for a while. That run is probably over, I hope you enjoyed it

Btw, when do the sooners get off of probation again?

Last edited by ZB9; 05-25-2009 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:51 PM   #31
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

We're Texas. We claim championships for games we didn't play in.

Texas wasn't even a top 4 team last year. Florida, Utah, USC, and Texas Tech were all better teams.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2009, 03:59 PM   #32
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

Quote:
Texas wasn't even a top 4 team last year

Texas was ranked in the top 4, and ahead of 0U, in both final polls

Last edited by ZB9; 05-25-2009 at 04:02 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »