Home

CFN's Top 25 Quarterbacks

This is a discussion on CFN's Top 25 Quarterbacks within the College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #9
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: CFN's Top 25 Quarterbacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
I didn't say dominated I just said more . The point I wanted to make is that the great defenses seen in the SEC are not simply a product of bad offense.

Since the guy earlier wanted to point out that Florida only scored 24 against OU I guess I should have also pointed out that the 14 points OU scored against Florida was the only time all year that they scored less than 30.
lol ok I gotcha. You have to understand that some people get defensive on this board because of the extreme amount of SEC elitism (or at least I do...one of my many character flaws I guess)

I cant blame you for trumpeting your conference, because the SEC is probably the best conference most seasons, and it has been recently. However, it gets out of hand and goes to the extreme. It's the best conference, but the difference is not as big as what some SEC elitists say. Listening to some folks in SEC country, you wouldnt think there is quality football played outside of the mighty SEC

anyway, I think we agree that it goes both ways. You can say that OU only scored 14. (however, the Sooners total yardage against the Gators was similar to the total yardage that the Gators had againt the Sooners)....and I can say that Florida only scored 24 points, while Texas almost hung 50 (however, the total yardage for the Gators against OU was similar to the total yardage for the Longhorns against the Sooners)

Last edited by ZB9; 08-12-2009 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #10
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeenz
its not the fact that Jarrett Brown isn't on here that makes this list a joke (although close), its the fact that Jimmy Clausen is perceived as a better quarterback than Jarrett Brown that makes this list a joke
Has Jarrett Brown even started a game in his career? I know he has come into some games but i am pretty sure he doesnt have any starts under his belt.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #11
All Star

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
lol I gotcha. You have to understand how defensive some people get on this board because of all of the SEC elitism (or at least I do...one of my many character flaws)

I cant blame you for trumpeting your conference, because the SEC is probably the best conference most seasons, and it has been recently. However, it gets out of hand and goes to the extreme. It's the best conference, but the difference is not as big as what some SEC elitists say. Listening to some folks in SEC country, you wouldnt think there is quality football played outside of the mighty SEC

anyway, I think we agree that it goes both ways. You can say that OU only scored 14. (however, the Gators total yardage against the Sooners was only 60 yards more than the total yardage that the Longhorns' had against the Sooners)....and I can say that Florida only scored 24 points, while Texas almost hung 50 (however, the total yardage for the Gators was similar to the total yardage for the Longhorns against the Gators)
I agree with pretty much all of that. I believe the SEC has been the best conference this decade, with a few years of exception, but it's not like the SEC are teams 33-44 of the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #12
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUowls
I agree with pretty much all of that. I believe the SEC has been the best conference this decade, with a few years of exception, but it's not like the SEC are teams 33-44 of the NFL.
I edited my post that you quoted. The last paragraph contained errors. I meant to say, even though OU only scored 14 points, the total yardage for the Sooners against Gators was similar to the total yardage that the Gators had against the Sooners. Im out of it today

anyway, I agree with you though that the SEC has been the best conference overall. However, it's not by as much as many say. It's not by enough for SEC elitists to say that the offenses in the Big 12 are only because of bad defense. That is all im sayin

Last edited by ZB9; 08-12-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:01 PM   #13
Pro

skeenz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSox05
Has Jarrett Brown even started a game in his career? I know he has come into some games but i am pretty sure he doesnt have any starts under his belt.
Jarrett Brown is 2-0 as a starter in his career. Last year led the Mountaineers to a victory over Rutgers, filling in for Pat White who had a concussion, Jarrett meanwhile has a shoulder injury that wouldn't permit him to lift his throwing arm higher than shoulder height. Jarrett also started the game 3 years ago against Rutgers as a freshman, and led WVU to a 3-OT win that kept the Scarlet Knights out of the BCS and denying them the Big East title.

NFL: Tennessee Titans
NBA: Toronto Raptors
MLB: Cincinatti Reds
NCAA: Who Else?
Old 08-12-2009, 11:48 PM   #14
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Pryor is way too high. As is Snead of Ole Miss.

Moore of BSU and Smith of FAU are too low.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 08-12-2009, 11:55 PM   #15
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeenz
Jarrett Brown is 2-0 as a starter in his career. Last year led the Mountaineers to a victory over Rutgers, filling in for Pat White who had a concussion, Jarrett meanwhile has a shoulder injury that wouldn't permit him to lift his throwing arm higher than shoulder height. Jarrett also started the game 3 years ago against Rutgers as a freshman, and led WVU to a 3-OT win that kept the Scarlet Knights out of the BCS and denying them the Big East title.
Guess I was wrong, thanks for clearing that up
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2009, 12:18 AM   #16
B**m*r S**n*r!

BigDofBA's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB9
anyway, I think we agree that it goes both ways. You can say that OU only scored 14. (however, the Sooners total yardage against the Gators was similar to the total yardage that the Gators had againt the Sooners)....and I can say that Florida only scored 24 points, while Texas almost hung 50 (however, the total yardage for the Gators against OU was similar to the total yardage for the Longhorns against the Sooners)
OU only scored 14 but anyone that watched that game should have common sense and realize OU was moving the ball and getting yards. Florida had the best defense OU played all year but we should have definitely scored more than 14 points.

OU couldn't punch it in from the 1 yard line. Later, OU once again had the ball inside the 10 yard line, Bradford throws a pass to the goalline, it goes off our receiver's hands, and Florida intercepts it. Later in the game, OU had a FG blocked.

Bradford passed for over 250 and OU's backup RB (Murray was out with injury) had over 100 yards rushing. OU definitely left some points on the board in the MNC.

I was more impressed with Colt McCoy and Texas' offense then I was with Florida's. Like the Horn homer said, Texas put up 45 points and Florida only put up 24.

If you SEC dudes really want to compare numbers, 6 Big 12 teams had better offenses performances against OU then Tebow and Florida did.

Based on "stats" Zach Robinson, Colt McCoy, and Josh Freeman all had better games against the OU defense then Timmy did. If Zach Robinson was playing at Florida he probably would have beat OU 41-14 and won a chip.

Does the SEC suck at offense?

Lets just forget the stats. The SEC is 15-13 against the Big 12 in recent years. So like I have said, the SEC is a better conference. According to win/losses, they are two games better.
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
NBA - Oklahoma City Thunder

Last edited by BigDofBA; 08-13-2009 at 12:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »