Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2011, 07:26 PM   #265
Hall Of Fame
 
Psyblast's Arena
 
OVR: 43
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: OS Midwest Office
Posts: 42,499
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Maybe, maybe not. That being said, considering Sir Gustav is making about 1.3 mill, plus is getting a boatload of blue chips pouring in, it's going to take an Ohio State/LSU/etc. type offer for him to bolt IMO. The Vandys/Iowa States of the world...I don't see it unless they offer him 4 or 5 mill to do it. (He turned down 3 million from Vandy to stay at AU).



If Richt gets canned at UGA after this season...
Psyblast is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2011, 07:37 PM   #266
BOOM!
 
AuburnAlumni's Arena
 
OVR: 43
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 11,947
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
When Richt gets canned at UGA after this season...
Fixed for ya.
__________________
AUBURN TIGERS
2010, 2013 SEC CHAMPIONS
2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
AuburnAlumni is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:26 PM   #267
The Predator
 
Sportsbuck's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,436
Blog Entries: 4
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Maybe, maybe not. That being said, considering Sir Gustav is making about 1.3 mill, plus is getting a boatload of blue chips pouring in, it's going to take an Ohio State/LSU/etc. type offer for him to bolt IMO. The Vandys/Iowa States of the world...I don't see it unless they offer him 4 or 5 mill to do it. (He turned down 3 million from Vandy to stay at AU).
I don't see him leaving for a Vandy/Iowa State either, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave for a mid-level BCS school, I don't think it'll take an Ohio State or an LSU to get him to leave.
__________________
Ohio State Buckeyes | Carolina Panthers | Charlotte Hornets | Cincinnati Reds
Sportsbuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #268
BOOM!
 
AuburnAlumni's Arena
 
OVR: 43
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Posts: 11,947
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsbuck
I don't see him leaving for a Vandy/Iowa State either, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave for a mid-level BCS school, I don't think it'll take an Ohio State or an LSU to get him to leave.
I do and I'll tell you why...

1. He's been a stellar OC his entire time in College, and he's only had one true "superstar" in his scheme with Cam. Before that, he's put up record setting numbers with average talent at Tulsa, Chris Todd at Auburn, etc.

Now look at Auburn's recruiting the last 3 seasons. Gus has 4 and 5 star talent at every position such as Trovon Reed, Mike Dyer, Mike Blakeley, JaQuay Williams, Shon Coleman, Christian Westermann, Zeke Pike, Kiehl Frazier, etc.

As scary as Gus's offenses have been so far, they are only going to get scarier with the type of athlete Auburn is bringing in. So he is set up for continued big time success in the future.

2. He's making 1.3 mil a year, not including bonuses, etc. He's part of the highest paid staff in the country.

3. Will Muschamp just parlayed a DC position into both a Coach-In-Waiting gig at Texas and a Head Coach position at Florida. Gus is now THE hot name as far as assistant coaches go.

Looking at all of the above, Gus is in a pretty sweet setup. There are some BIG time programs that will be opening up soon (Ohio State, Georgia (IMO)), etc. He is already making a pile of money, has tons of 4 and 5 star talent coming into Auburn to coach, and is going to continue to be the "hot name" as far as assistants go.

With all of that in mind...I don't see any reason he would leave for a middle of the road program unless it was for some astronomical amount of money. He knows...as do most..that he eventually will be a candidate for a powerhouse school and I think that is when he'll eventually leave.

Just my opinion, but looking at those points of conversation, I think that is what will eventually happen.
__________________
AUBURN TIGERS
2010, 2013 SEC CHAMPIONS
2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS
AuburnAlumni is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #269
The Predator
 
Sportsbuck's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,436
Blog Entries: 4
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

Per Bill Greene on twitter, DE Se'Von Pittman just committed to Michigan State.

WOW. Big get for Dantonio.
__________________
Ohio State Buckeyes | Carolina Panthers | Charlotte Hornets | Cincinnati Reds
Sportsbuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 10:48 PM   #270
Hall Of Fame
 
Psyblast's Arena
 
OVR: 43
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: OS Midwest Office
Posts: 42,499
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

That's three lifelong OSU fans turning down the Buckeyes for other B1G schools in the last nine days. There seems to be a hole or two in the fence...
Psyblast is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2011, 11:30 PM   #271
The Predator
 
Sportsbuck's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 4,436
Blog Entries: 4
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyblast
That's three lifelong OSU fans turning down the Buckeyes for other B1G schools in the last nine days. There seems to be a hole or two in the fence...
That's gonna happen with looming sanctions and an interim head coach... the fence just had a car drive right through it but we'll patch it back up with time. I blame the Dodson one more on Bollman's stupid OL recruitment philosophy more than anything else though, although I'm not sure you could call it a philosophy because there's no logic behind it. Great class of in-state studs along the OL and we offered 1... and we're targeting OOS guys that aren't gonna come because of looming sanctions, not to mention the odds of getting OOS OL in the first place.

The silver lining in Tressel being gone is that Bollman will be gone too, and with all of the success we had in the Tressel era I really wonder just how we could've done with a good offensive line, because the years we had a good one were really 01-02 (Filled with Cooper recruits + Mangold) and the past 2 years (Because we somehow landed 2 blue chip offensive lineman from OOS, plus got a gift in Boren). Offensive line recruiting under Tressel was abysmal to say the least.

Wasn't Michigan supposedly in the thick of it for Pittman? Not trying to start something Psy, just asking, I remember the Bank talking about it.
__________________
Ohio State Buckeyes | Carolina Panthers | Charlotte Hornets | Cincinnati Reds

Last edited by Sportsbuck; 06-19-2011 at 11:34 PM.
Sportsbuck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2011, 11:37 PM   #272
Hall Of Fame
 
Psyblast's Arena
 
OVR: 43
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: OS Midwest Office
Posts: 42,499
Re: 2012 Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsbuck
That's gonna happen with looming sanctions and an interim head coach... the fence just had a car drive right through it but we'll patch it back up with time. I blame the Dodson one more on Bollman's stupid OL recruitment philosophy more than anything else though, although I'm not sure you could call it a philosophy because there's no logic behind it. Great class of in-state studs along the OL and we offered 1... and we're targeting OOS guys that aren't gonna come because of looming sanctions, not to mention the odds of getting OOS OL.

Wasn't Michigan supposedly in the thick of it for him? Not trying to start something Psy, just asking, I remember the Bank talking about it.


Dodson? Never heard his name come up at all over the last couple months, but apparently we came in second behind Wisconsin for him after making a big push at the end; kind of bizarre, because he just wasn't coming up in any recruiting discussions in UM circles, which is weird because we're pursuing a lot of OL. We're at the top for Diamond, apparently made a big impression on Andrus Peat today, and a few other linemen from all over the country.
Psyblast is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > College Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 PM.

Top -